Ferrari GT Racing Experience at Las Vegas Speedway | FerrariChat

Ferrari GT Racing Experience at Las Vegas Speedway

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Bianco, Feb 8, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bianco

Bianco Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Dream Racing is one of three fantasy driving experiences you can have at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, but the only one that offers any of 12 Ferrari race cars all lined up in a row. Dream Racing signs lead you inside the stadium to the Dream Racing Reception building. From the moment you enter the Dream Racing lounge in the Speedway Hospitality Building you realize this experience will be like no other.

The $499 experience includes a Video Classroom Session, Training on the actual 1.1 mile track you will be driving on 3D Simulators, and then five laps on the Las Vegas Motor Speedway infield road course at race speed in a F430 GT Racing Ferrari. Coaching is via intercom from a professional instructor seated to your right. In just split seconds you go from about 70 mph up to over 120 and back down to a 60 again before slamming into the next turn.

The race-tuned Ferrari F430 GTs that Dream Racing has to offer feature cupcar air jacks, full race slicks, front splitters, diffusers and spoilers. Former Formula 3 champion Enrico (Rico) Bertaggia and Italian Superturismo Championship racer Adriano (Ado) de Micheli are two of the owners. Both worked for Ferrari until just recently. Enrico directed the Ferrari school and became director of motorsport of Ferrari in the U.K.

Ado and Rico have graciously offered FCA Members 30 minutes of track time in our own cars before going out in their race cars! FCA Members from all Chapters and Regions will be allowed to drive the track in our own cars in lead-follow behind a professional race driver. That allows you to judge the difference for ourselves between a street Ferrari and a Ferrari race car. They have taken over most of the buildings inside LVMS. The tour alone is worth the trip to the track - even if you don't plan to drive.

The Ferrari Club is selling Raffle Tickets for the Dream Racing Experience at the beginning of this event and at every club event prior to the event. The winning ticket good for one $499 Racing Experience will be drawn at the reception desk at approximately 9:30 AM. The winner of the Dream Racing Experience Raffle does not need to be present, and will be able to redeem it today or at any later date. For more info about this incredible driving experience see www.dreamracing.com

For more info on the raffle: Jeff Wenger at 702-617-3300 or [email protected].

Raffle Tickets are $10:
    http://www.ferraricluboflasvegas.com/docs/raffleticket.gif

2. Exotic Lambo

Exotic Lambo Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    Wow; that sounds good, me and my partner were going to do it this week but we ran out of time.

3. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I did one of these 'experiences' in Vegas last year - phenomenal. The one I went with only had automatics, I would have killed for a stick. Worth every penny.

If I knew when I was going back I would absolutely do this.

Erik

4. Adrenalin Junkee

Adrenalin Junkee Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Zach
    do you have set days you run this? i was looking into the exotics racing one they run at the speedway, but this seems like a better deal. ill be there feb 18-22

5. Davidenzo

Davidenzo Rookie

Oct 11, 2011
    California
    I did Exotics Racing twice, it was a blast. I came last year to drive one of their 458s before I was able to get my first one, as well as a Superleggera and an Audi R8. It was on the same track as the one you are mentioning for Dream Racing, in the infield. I went back last week, they were using a brand new track, longer and faster. It was even better than the first time, this new track is just awesome, with a banked turn of whatever degrees (cannot remember), and a much longer straight-away. I drove the 458 again (there is no way I put mine on the track! and they pretty much let us abuse their cars... instructors are really good), and I reached 130mph. I barely reached 105 on the infield track before. And they also had an Aventador there, I could not resist. This car is so fast, that I got scared... It feels bigger and heavier than the 458 but it is very (I mean VERY) powerful. They are expecting the McLaren soon, so I will go back to drive it. I might check on Dream Racing then, it sounds appealing to drive a race car (I would have preferred a 458 though!). But the 1.1 mile track is pretty short and slow, so I am not sure it is worth it... I will let you know if I do it!