488 - Ferrari has Mclarenitus | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Ferrari has Mclarenitus

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Bkclients, Jun 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I've owned several. I had a 13 with with 15k miles that has 83k dollars in warranty work. My friend owns a 12 with 3k miles. It has had about 14k dollars in repairs. Not counting the maintenance.

Ill also give you another hint... I'm in the business and own several McLarens several times a month. I have a 19 720s right now and the carbon fiber trim that runs up the sides and rear quarters is loose because the double side tape is failing I guess. I deal with it all day every day

Drson likes this.
  2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ahh. I thought you were saying Ferrari had more models. Couldn't quite extrapolate your original intent of your message.

I appreciate you clarification

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If you are in the business then you know all of these cars have their issues. I'll also add that McLaren is a young company and will improve over time.

4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

There is nothing wrong with it. It's great! As long as you have the latest and greatest model. Which was my point if you read my whole message. It's great to improve but it destroys resale of the cars that are no improved.

It's absolutely the case with the 570. They had the 570s. Then the GT the next year and then the 600lt came out. Now the model has been completely replaced in about 3 years?

The 720 has stayed the same for 2 years. And now they released the 765.

5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Of course... But I know when I'm buying a McLaren I have alot more checking to do than when I'm buying say a 458.

Now don't get me wrong. I won't even buy a murcilago anymore.

I will only buy a 599 If it's very short mile and has all the records and a recent service.

612. Nope

430s are a very rare exception. The headers are just too expensive and everyone lies and they you get stuck with the car and there was maybe 5k in profit but now you have to spend 8-12k on headers or cats.

Ferraris are far from perfect. But the 458s and on are really quite good.

lamborarri likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    570 is in its 5th year, the GT is a variant. 720 has been out since 18' so now in its 3rd year. Like Ferrari they are introducing a special model later in the cycle. Very similar timeline to the 488 and Pista for example but you should know this if you are in the business.

The reason the 720 depreciated as it has is that McLaren pumped cars out to dealers that weren't ordered so the dealers had to heavily discount to move them. If they slowed production it would have helped with values but the manufactures are in the business of making money.

technom3 likes this.
  7. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    A re-seller on car forums trying to fool first time exotic owners. Sales/brokers/wholesalers tended to fool ferrari first time buyers a few years ago with the pump and dump strategy and many fall for it. You can see many of those owners on these forums singing a different tune these days.

You should get out more often and see which exotic cars dominate attendance at cars and coffee, lifestyle rallies, track events. People just ruin their credibility when they make postings about one marque over another.

BLAMPEE and Gh21631 like this.
  8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Hey bud. I run an honest business with lots of deals done with guys on this forum.

I'm not trying to fool anyone. Guys at this level aren't fools. You aren't fooling anyone and I do not conduct my business that way.

I have no idea why you are saying I'm trying to decieve anyone on here. That is a very rude statement to make.

And I get out all the time to cars and coffee events.

So because I post about my personal experience with the cars I'm ruining my credibility?

And besides I love the 720s. It's a missle. I also really like the new McLaren gt. Never been a 570 fan. But that new gt is REALLY nice.

Come one man.

Cigarzman, dustman, Adamas and 7 others like this.
  9. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Your right. I thought the 570 only had 3 years in production. They did run them as a 2016. So they had about 4ish years. Which is close to Ferraris 5 years. Or let's say close enough

Gh21631 likes this.
  10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    16-20 5 years for the 570. Never really was a fan of the 570. Too much turbo lag. The 720 is the first Mclaren that I drove that I went wow! 12c and 650 never did it for me either.

Gh21631 likes this.
  11. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    There is a general culture of people on the business side of exotic cars who give certain narratives on social media that don't exist in real life. They will keep doing it over and over again. They hide their intentions of protecting their business interests with the theme of their postings and what they want to and what they don't want to say. It is generally angled to how their business interests align.

People who buy cars over $300K buy the various marque's. They are the general enthusiast and don't post on car forums or observe silently and don't engage in banter where people are trying to win the internet argument. However, they can see through the B.S.

The people who are on the business side of certain marque's (sales people, independent shops, race teams, part companies, PPF, detailers, re-sellers are fighting/distorting realities on social media, car forums so that they can win the one newbie who doesn't know any better.

BLAMPEE likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So Ive seen Justin post here for a few years and have followed his posts. This is the first time he has posted that he is in the "business" as far as I know. I don't see him as someone who is trolling for business or trying to maintain an image.

What you are saying about car dealers and their social media persona is spot on for the most part but this doesn't apply to Justin. I think you are being unfair in your characterization of him.

13. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Listen there are certainly some bad apples out there. I'll agree.

I don't run my business that way and the people I deal with wouldn't deal with someone like that.

I alsomlike to sleep at night.

And by no means take this the wrong way... But me promoting one brand over another doesn't really make any sense. Seeing as at any given moment I'm a buyer or a seller of just about any brand.

It's not like I own a Ferrari store.

I just buy good cars. That's it.

They make them in all sizes flavors and colors for everyone to enjoy.

I come on here to enjoy my hobby not to promote business. I've been onhon for probably what's close to 15 years.

I enjoy literally all kinds of cars. And honestly the odder the better.

Also to shoot myself in the foot as a complete idiot. My favorite favorite favorite Ferrari is an f355. Which has horrid maintenance. Mine turned into a basket case. But I still love them. Lol.

14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thecadster and SoCal to az like this.
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    How does this work?? You buy direct from the factory? but you aren't a dealer. curious and intriguing.

Thecadster likes this.
  16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    IMO Ferrari will drop much more than they have historically but will maintain a better resale curve that all other brands

stavura, MANDALAY, Drson and 4 others like this.