Ferrari hater thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari hater thread

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Robie, Jun 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Of course the obvious answer was: "So was your mom...in 1985"
    But I never think that fast.

2. Vrian

Vrian Karting

Oct 29, 2008
    +1000

3. Jimbo49

Jimbo49 Formula 3

Aug 5, 2004
    Geelong, Australia
    Full Name:
    James

That's all you can do! :) Makes me wounder though, have these people who complain at everything ever heard the saying "if you've not got anything nice to say, don't say it"
    And at the end of the day, you've still got a 575 ;)

4. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    LMAO How I would love to do that!

5. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    People love Ferraris. I've never had a problem...just compliments.

We had a letter to the editor last year complaing about the Ferraris in town making too much noise. Give me a break. The motorcycles outnumber the Fcars by a 100 to 1 and are louder to boot. The bikes are mainly from out of town. Gangs of bikers ride through town on the way to/from Independence Pass.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The answer to the bird is always a raised pinky finger at a 90 degree angle. The answer to questions about Italian/Ferrari electrics, Dino history, reliability, etc is always "Do not know much about cars, do you?" Pretty much covers most situations.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    hes rite, raise a finger then laff at em, they are generally chumps

8. Slone Ridge Gator

Jun 10, 2009
    too far from Florida
    Full Name:
    Brian Kelley
    I have run into the same thing posting about watches, of all things. Anytime you post you own an Omega or a Rolex on certain forums, some dork will come along and post how accurate his Casio or Timex is. Some people just don't get it. Then they will fall out with laughter if you post what maintenance for a good mechanical watch costs.

Slone Ridge Gator

9. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Well it actually happened to me..........or maybe this is the first time i noticed it...........just sitting at a light minding my own business, when this old man driving a Jeep wagoner(?) pokes his head out the window and sticks his tongue out at me, with god a awful look on his face......driving slowly...........all through the intersection. Kind of shocked me at first. Geeze!

10. Robie

Robie Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2008
    Hsiang Kang
    Full Name:
    C. Camillo Negroni
    OK, the stars seem to be aligned once more...

No recent Ferrari hating and lots of other positive things going on...it might be related to the recent market rebound, which perhaps caused a decline in the schadenfreude index.

...and the fillies are no longer copping as much attitude. At least, not the ones in the 25-35 crowd.

Maybe it's because the 575 has been in the shop for the last 10 days getting its suspension upgrade.

I must observe and update on the possible correlation between the presence of a Ferrari and hate incidents over the next 2 weeks.

11. fingolfin

fingolfin Formula 3

Apr 23, 2007
    The answer to anyone knocking the reliability of your car is just, "Yeah it breaks occasionally, and I can afford to fix it."

The answer to everything else is a race.

12. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    You may be putting too much into what he said. As a Z car owner, he is likely an auto enthusiast too and just trying to strike up a conversation. After all, you did have your hood open looking at the engine...for someone to think something may be wrong is a reasonable interpretation of such conduct. If you were stopped beside the road that way you would hope he would stop and ask you the same question.