Ferrari in new Magnum PI movie? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari in new Magnum PI movie?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Adrenln328, Feb 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Why?

Was the best decade I've ever lived in. All totally over the top, the cars, the music, the clothes, the movies. Man I miss that time...

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I'm with you...

3. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Well said, Tifosi 12....same here...I'll always be stuck in the 80's!

4. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    I don't care who plays Magnum so long as they don't wear those dinky OP shorts...

5. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Eighties rule!

6. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Lads................patrol.
    I say no for Clooney and the Enzo is over the top for a movie like this. There are better choices to consider: 360 spyder, 550 Barchetta, even a 355 spyder.

7. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I was really young and it was still my favorite decade. I love the cars and the music! I drive my car around with 80's tunes blasting all the time! :)

8. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I vote to give Magnum a 355 GTS since it is the ultimate progression of the 308 GTSi that the show started with. A 355 will be more comfortable for a tall guy as well.

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I agree, a Red/Tan 355 GTS would be perfect. The 80's were great. No to Clooney or the Enzo. Bring back Selleck and make him older who cares.

10. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Right on!

11. BoxerCrazy

BoxerCrazy Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Charleston WV
    Full Name:
    Douglas A Hunt
    Without Selleck it wont fly(or peel out in the grass!!)
    Mr Selleck can pull that off,remember he dated Courtney Cox on friends a couple a seasons ago :) so hes still got it...........

and while i too think an Enzo would be a bit over the top,remember,its what rich Robin Masters owns and lets TM drive(although its gotta be a ragtop/removable top of some kind in paradise right?)

doug

12. CraigFL

CraigFL Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2001
    Panama City, FL
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Don't you think Magnum has finally matured to a 12cyl car by now?? :)

13. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Magnum never matures....he is a kid at heart.

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Does everybody btw agree that the butler is indeed Robin Masters?

I think so.

15. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    I would like to see the entire original cast return for a reunion thing, if they bring Cloony in, bring him on as a guest, like Magnum's younger brother, not as a main character..

I think a 360 spider this time, but still have the 308 in the garage...

As for Zues and Apollo, i think they are dead by now, or a thousand dog years old.... Maybe if Zues and Apollo are the current dogs granddoggies???

** Can you imagine when they brought Star Trek to the big screen if they didn't use the original cast???? That would be a huge failure to the die hard fans... I think the same for Magnum P.I. fans too....

Hey Andreas, maybe we should play Magnum P.I. reruns for the party saturday???

16. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    As a hardcore Magnum-phile, I strongly disagree. I have a file an inch thick on the subject. (Yeah, I did have a lot of free time on my hands. )

It is in my study right next to the Warren Report (You know the book that proved that Bill Clinton killed Kennedy), War & Peace (with my personal notes in the margins.), and Carrot Top's Autobiography (fascinating... an absolute must read)

17. eam3

eam3 Karting

Dec 16, 2003
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Ed Mendez
    Yeah but you can bet they're going to go for flash rather than content and go way over the top. It will probably have the same crappy MTV-style editing often seen in movies today and will just show the Enzo parked in the background most of the time. If the Enzo is actually shown on the road, it might be done with CGI or will be a double (like the DeTomaso that thought it was a TR in Miami Vice)