Ferrari in the movies : worth see | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari in the movies : worth see

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sebnutt, Sep 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    Ofcoarse! BEAUTIFUL car. Classic Movie :)

2. A.D.K.

A.D.K. Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    Full Name:
    Andy Klueber
    Well of course the greatest one movie of all time on that list.

IS Gumball Rally bar none!!! It give you the first rule of Italian Driving. Daytona Vs. 427 Cobra both at time by the camera at full song.
    And Young Linda Vahun in at hot pants running towards the camera "bouncy bonucy"!!!!

3. sebnutt

sebnutt Rookie

Sep 8, 2004
    can you add to this topic Ferraris that are not listed at this link ?
    I think they missed some...

4. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    goldeneye with the f355 chase scene

5. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Ferrari 250 Pininfarina coupe driven (and wrecked) in the final chase scene by David Niven as Sir Charles Litton (the notorious Phantom) in the original 'The Pink Panther"

And of course, the Mondial cab driven by Al Pacino in "Scent of a Woman"
    Hoo-ah!

6. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    I think the film was called "Cannonball Run" with Burt Reynolds.

There were 2 black vicars/priests in a 308/328

7. ron matta

ron matta Rookie

Sep 8, 2004
    Hi Omerta,
    I just wanted to let you know that the F40 in that movie was on Fake, there is no way you could drive a F40 in that terrain, it is based on a Fiero chassis. look very close at the dash, the door panels and the seats.....from 10 feet away the car looks acceptable but close up it is a typical $20,000 kit car. hope you did not think it was real. Plus the sound of the car was crap.

ron

8. KAMcDonald

KAMcDonald Rookie

Sep 19, 2003
    Ranson, WV
    just saw a macgyver episode from 1987, Fire and Ice

short drive in a 308 in someone else's 308 after they took off in his car

also, there was a Dharma and Greg episode where they were parking valets at maid of greg's parents wedding. dharma took to joy-riding in a 355 spider of one of the guests.

9. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004

lol, really? I did not know it was a fake. When I first saw the movie I was probably 11 years old, and havent seen it since. But, thanks for the info. That makes sense now that I think abouit the terrain it was being driven on..

10. Bianco

Bianco Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #35 Bianco, Sep 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Like the black Daytona Spyder that appeared on the popular TV show Miami Vice my car is built using a stretched 1980 Corvette chassis with Ferrari-designed body panels and real Ferrari door latches and other hardware. According to Popular Mechanics, the original Miami Vice replica was "spotted on a lot in Newport Beach by the show's producer." ... http://www.nvreplicar.com/wenger.html
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. ron matta

ron matta Rookie

Sep 8, 2004
    hey you enjoyed the movie and that is the main thing and when you were 11yrs old to see that car is nothing short of fantastic........my boy is 11yrs old and loved the movie because of the F40 as well....did you check out alex pappas f40 shots and tim gendreau's f40 shots they are great!!!!
    ron

12. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    Got three for you:

1. The Perfect Score - they are talking about teachers who's kids get high scores on the SAT's get rewarded...as the teacher pulls off in a red 348.

2. Scent of a Woman - Al Pacino tests drives (I forget which one!) a Ferrari driving it (he's blind).
    3. Dirty Rotten Scoundrals - Steven Martin cons the Red Mondial from the rich lady

13. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Black 250 GTO in Vanilla sky with T Cruise.
    And Licence to drive had a 308gts in a good chase seen.
    And the 355 in the James bond film racing his DB5?
    And the film xXx with VinDisel.
    The Score with Gean Hackman, there was a red 348 spider.

14. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    There was a made-for-TV movie in 1971 called "Love, Hate, Love" which featured the lovely Lesley Ann Warren and Ryan O'Neal being chased around by bad guy Peter Haskell in his Ferrari 275GTB. This movie does not seem to be included in many of the lists. Haven't seen it in about 30 years, but I remember it! Since it was made for TV, it probably is not out on tape.

15. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I think you mean white

16. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    UHF.

During a "commercial" for "Gandhi II," a 328 GTS pulls up, Gandhi jumps out, and this time, no more Mr. Nice Guy!

As fine a story ever commited to celluloid. Michael Richards is hilarious.

17. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    The first episode of Clubhouse did indeed have a red 355, and it was actually a significant "plot element". But I don't think it will be a "recurring character". (Which may not matter, because I suspect the show itself may not recur for very long.)

18. sublime42687

sublime42687 Rookie

Feb 20, 2004
    new jersey
    Full Name:
    jeff
    There is a ferrari in cheech and chong i think a dino, also in national lampoons movies also. in gone in 60 seconds there is a ton of diffrent ferrari's also.

19. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    The movie, Ronin, shows 456 very briefly. It was in the background as the camera was moving into a lobby of a hotel.

20. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    I spent some time in the Ferrari tent at Pebble Beach back in August. If any of you were there, you may remember that there were a bunch of plasma screens there showing clips from many of the movies mentioned in this thread (plus Demi Moore in the red Enzo in "Charlie's Angels 2"- yowza!)

Anyway, I had read an article about product placement in the in-flight magazine on the way to California where they talked about how much money companies pay to have their products in the movies- Finlandia vodka, for example, is now "James Bond's choice" thanks to a few million paid to the movie company. BMW paid big bucks to have 11 Mini Coopers used in "The Italian Job", etc.

I mentioned this to one of the Ferrari factory guys and asked how much it costs to get a Ferrari inserted as a major plot device in a feature film.

His laughing response? "You must have us confused with some other car company".

Not only does Ferrari never pay a nickel, but usually the film companies have to buy the cars!

-Gio P

21. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    just watched Orange County and saw that there is a black Maranello in Colin Hank's dad's house.

22. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    Heres an OLD Rundown on Ferraris featured on TV, Films and songs.

Ferraris on TV:

A red 308 GTS appeared in the TV show "Magnum PI" (for more info, check out our Magnum PI FAQ page).
    A black 365 GTB/4 replica and a white Testarossa appeared in Miami Vice (for more info, check out our Miami Vice FAQ page).
    TV cop Danny Wilde of "The Persuaders" drove a Ferrari Dino 246.
    A Ferrari Dino 246 was driven by Robert Wagner in the TV series "Hart to Hart."
    A "Perry Mason" episode featured a 375 MM.
    A California Spyder was a lottery prize on an episode of "The Donna Reed Show."
    A Mondial Cabriolet was driven by the lead character of the NBC television series "Manamal."
    A Mondial Cabriolet appeared in a few episodes of "Matlock."

Ferraris in Commercials:

A red Testarossa driven by Enzo Ferrari was featured in a Goodyear Tire commercial.
    A red 308 appeared in a Lexus commercial.
    A red 308 appeared in a Prudential Investments commercial.
    A Mondial Cabriolet appeared in a Jeep commercial.

Ferraris in the Movies:

Phil Hill drove his 250 MM Vignale Spyder in the 1954 movie "Johnny Dark."
    Scenes from the 1954 Mille Miglia, featuring several open competition Ferraris appeared in the 1955 movie "The Racers."
    A 375 America Coupe Pinin Farina was featured in the 1957 movie "Boy on a Dolphin."
    Background scenes of some Ferraris in competition in U.S. amateur races appeared in the 1957 film "The Devil's Hairpin."
    A Ferrari 801 F1 car and a Lancia-Ferrari D50 F1 car appeared in "Fangio - Una Vita A 300 All'ora."
    A 250 GT Boano Coupe appeared in the 1958 film "Never Steal Anything Small."
    A 750 Monza and a 166 MM/53 Spyder appeared in the 1959 movie "On The Beach."
    A 250 GT Ellena and a 246 Dino Formula One appeared in the 1961 film "Icattivi Colpi."
    A 400 Super America Coupe Aerodinamico appeared in the 1961 film "Divorce Italian Style."
    Various Ferraris appeared in the 1961 film "The Green Helmet."
    A red 290 MM Spyder Scaglietti, a purple 375 MM Spyder Pinin Farina, a blue 750 Monza Scaglietti Spyder, and a red-white 750 Monza Scaglietti Spyder all appeared in the 1962 film "State Fair."
    A jewel thief in a gorilla suit drove a metallic gray 250 GT PF Cabriolet Series II in the 1963 comedy "The Pink Panther."
    Scenes from 1962 Grand Prix races appeared in the 1963 film "The Young Racers."
    A 750 Monza Scaglietti Spyder appeared in the 1964 film "The Killers."
    A 250 GT LWB Tour de France appeared in the 1964 film "Viva Las Vegas."
    A 250 GT Spyder California appeared in the 1965 film "Once a Thief."
    A 275 GTB was driven through Paris at dawn in the 9 minute 1965 movie "Rendezvous" (the camera is mounted on the car).
    Various 312 Formula One Ferraris appeared in the 1966 film "Grand Prix."
    A 250 GTE 2+2 appeared in the late 1960's action thriller "The Hawk of Ferrari."
    An unknown Ferrari appeared in the 1966 film "A Man and a Woman."
    A 250 GT LWB California Spyder appeared in the 1966 film "Munster, Go Home."
    Ferrari racing scenes were included in the 1967 film "Maniacs on Wheels."
    A 250 GT Tour de France is seen racing Herbie in the 1967 Disney classic "The Love Bug."
    The very first 275 GTS/4 NART Spyder GT appeared in the 1968 film "The Thomas Crown Affair."
    An old 4-cylinder racing Ferrari appeared in the 1968 film "Spirits of the Dead."
    A 275 GTB/4 appeared in the 1970 film "A New Leaf."
    A few Ferrari 512 S models appeared in the 1970 film "LeMans."
    A Daytona Spyder appeared in the 1973 film "The Long Goodbye."
    A red/yellow 365 GTB/4 Daytona was involved in one of longest and best ever Ferrari chase scenes in the 1974 film "Gone in 60 Seconds."
    Two genuine 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyders appeared in the 1975 film "The Swiss Conspiracy."
    Two red 365 GTB/4 Daytona Spyders (one of which was wrecked during filming) appeared in the 1976 classic "The Gumball Rally."
    Various Ferraris appeared in the 1976 film "Cannonball."
    The same Daytona Spyder that was wrecked in "The Gumball Rally" was rebuilt and used in the 1976 film "A Star is Born."
    A red 308 GTS appeared in the 1980 German film "Carnapping."
    A Dino 246 and a 308 GTS appeared in the 1980 classic "The Cannonball Run."
    Various Ferraris appeared in the 1983 sequel "The Cannonball Run II."
    Supermodel Christie Brinkley drove a red 308 GTS in the 1983 film "National Lampoon's Vacation."
    A red 308 GTS appeared in the 1983 film "The Curse of the Pink Panther."
    A Mondial appeared in the 1984 movie "Into the Night."
    A black 308 GTS QV races a Porsche 911 in the 1984 movie "Against All Odds."
    A Ferrari appeared in the 1984 film "The Flamingo Kid."
    A black 308 appeared in the 1985 film "To Live and Die in L.A."
    A red Mondial Cabriolet appeared in the 1985 film "Weird Science."
    A red 308 is chopped up and used as the engine in a sailboat in the 1986 comedy "One Crazy Summer."
    A red 250 GT SWB California Spyder replica starred in (and died in) the 1986 cult classic "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."
    A 328 GTS and a 308 GTSi were used interchangably in the 1987 film "Beverly Hills Cop 2."
    Tom Cruise drove a Ferrari 400 and owned a yellow 365 GTB/4 Daytona and a red Dino 308 GT4 in the 1988 film "Rain Man."
    A 308 GTSi appeared in the 1988 film "Masquerade."
    A white Mondial Cabriolet was driven by Steve Martin in the 1988 film "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels."
    A Mondial Cabriolet and a 308 GTS are involved in a great chase scene in the 1988 film "The Hidden."
    A couple of red Testarossas appeared in the 1991 french film "Generation Oxygene."
    A red 328 GTS was driven by Steve Martin in the 1991 film "L.A. Story."
    A red 328 GTS appeared in the 1991 film "Manta, Manta."
    A red Mondial Cabriolet was driven by a blind Al Pacino in in the 1992 movie "Scent of a Woman."
    A red Mondial Cabriolet appeared in the 1994 film "Only You."
    A brief shot of a 512 TR appeared in the 1994 film "Greedy."
    James Bond's female rival drove a red 355 GTS in the 1995 film "Goldeneye."
    A pimp with a 348 appeared in the 1995 film "Showgirls."
    Greg Kinnear drove a 348 Spider in the 1995 remake of "Sabrina."
    A red 355 GTS appeared in the 1996 film "Bulletproof."
    A fly yellow 355 appeared in the 1997 film "The Rock" (the stunt car which was wrecked car, however, was a replica.)
    A red Mondial Cabriolet was driven by a maternal Christie Brinkley in "National Lampoon's European Vacation."
    A red 348 Spider is driven rather aggressively in "Go."
    In the Mazursky movie "Faithful," Cher and Ryan O'Neal drive a 308 GTS in the final scenes.
    Walter Matthau drives a vintage Ferrari in "A New Leaf."

Ferraris in Songs and Music Videos:

The British female singer Sinitta used a 250 GTO replica in her video "GTO."
    Madonna included a red Mondial Cabriolet in her "Material Girl" video.
    Rush included a brief look at a red 166 MM Barchetta in their video for "Red Barchetta."
    Randy Newman showed a glimpse of a 328 cruising Sunset Blvd. in his video for "I Love L.A."
    The band Jamiroquai uses a Ferrari-type logo on the cover of one of their albums, and a Ferrari in their video "Cosmic Girl."
    Sir Mixalot raps about his black Ferrari in "I'm your Testarossa" on his album "Mack Daddy."
    Sammy Hagar drives a black 512BB in the video for "I Can't Drive 55."
    Thomas Dolby has a song entitled "Key to Her Ferrari" on his album "Aliens Ate My Buick."
    John Hiatt's song "The Wreck of the Barbi Ferrari" appears on his "Perfectly Good Guitar" album.
    Ice MC's rap song "It's a Rainy Day Ferrari" on his "Ice N' Green" remix album.
    Claire Martin's "Waiting Game" album contains the song "The Key to Your Ferrari"
    The Revells sing "My Ferrari G.T.O" on their "Go Sound of the Slots" album.
    The Searcher's song "Red Ferrari" appears on the "Best of the Searchers" album.
    The Untamed Youth sing "Go Go Ferrari" on their "Untamed Melodies" album.

23. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    OK, it's not a real Ferrari, but when they come into Far, Far away town center, there was a red Testarossa carriage doing down the street. I'll try to post a picture to show it. Can you easily take a picture from a DVD? I can watch DVD's from my laptop.

Theo

24. Driversource

Driversource Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX

25. Tomgor

Tomgor Karting

Nov 24, 2004
    Staffordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom Craig
    Sadly it wasn't a Ferrari in 'Rendezvous'