Ferrari in the movies : worth see | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari in the movies : worth see

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sebnutt, Sep 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm really surprised no one mentioned the Ferraris in the National Lampoon movies until Poweredbyme91 mentioned it today.

There was a Seinfeld episode where Nomar Garciaparra was driving a red 355 Spider in the rain.

There was also a Darma & Greg episode where Darma valeted a red 355 spider (the show sucked though).

Edit: I think there was a Lamborghini in Rocky 4, but there must've been a Ferrari in one of the movies.

2. pablo

pablo Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul Baros
    Recent TNT movie about Evel Knievel showed Evel (played by George Eads) driving a yellow 246 GT Dino.

3. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    (havent read the whole thread so sorry if this is already mentioned...)

i wasted an afternoon renting "Species III" ... and low and behold one of the alien-women was driving a black 355 spider...

nice curves...

on both... :)

GT

4. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    there was extensive use of a red 308 or 328 targa throughout the first two episodes of 21 Jump Street.

johnny depp wrote NO on the hood with his keys when the punk with the ferrari told him to get his car ('68 stang) out of his parking spot. :)

yeah, i recall the few scenes with that mondial had it going sideways through the streets. :D

5. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Just saw National Treasure over the weekend and there was a beaut of a red 360 spyder. Could it have been Nic Cage's?
    Jim

6. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    One of those "Terms of Endearment" movies had a red 308 in it I think it was a carb. model. There was also a movie which I believe was about Dennis Rodman which showed him driving a 308 with BBS wheels. I saw a commercial this morning for crank yankers and in one of the shots in the backround was a picture of a 308.

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Definitely Gumball Rally!!!! Even though it's not out on DVD yet, it's worth buying. The River bed scene alone (Ferrari vs Cobra) Amazing!!!!!
    I also went out of my way to find A Star is Born, just to see the Daytona Spider in that also. Not a GREAT movie just some GOOD Ferrari scenes.

8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Is Gone in 60 Second's Ferrari Scene (Daytona Chase) Worth getting the Video for???

9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Red 355 Spider (if I remember correctly). Woo-hah!

10. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    It's a Mondial cabriolet

11. James Lightning

James Lightning Karting

Jul 18, 2004
    Canton, Ga & WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Parker Beach
    Billy Madison had a yellow ferrari I just can't remember what kind and if you watch the deleted scenes on the DVD you will see Adam sandler spraing red spray paint on it

12. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    In the John Candy film "Delirious" he's driving a 250 GTO or a 275 GTB. If it was a GTO, it was probably a replica since it was a 1991 film.

David Goerndt

13. ferraristyle

ferraristyle Karting

Jan 7, 2005
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sean
    2 movies not mentioned:

1) National Lampoon's Vacation--who could forget Christy Brinkly in the 308 with the plates "LUV ME"

2) License To Drive--Heather Gramh's boyfiend drives one in the begining.

Both classic 80's flicks

14. mj23

mj23 Rookie

Aug 29, 2004
    who can forget the movie scent of a woman? classic movie classic scene. if somone has already mentioned it i am sorry. i think its a 308

15. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Showgirls, 348 spider. This movie tried to redeem itself in bad acting with lots of boobies. But it barely worked.

16. tonocus

tonocus Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
  17. gtofreak

gtofreak Karting

Nov 5, 2004
    Bonaire, N.A.
    I believe that about 8 years ago Gerald Roush of Ferrari Market Letter published a detailed list of all Ferraris used in movies.

18. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Tom said it wasn't a Ferrari in Rendezvous, what was it then, I was always under the impression it was something like a 275.

19. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I've read somewhere that it was an Alpine-Renault.

20. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Add to the list a leggy blonde steps out of a Testarossa in the opening scene of Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze,In a episode of King of Queens Doug and Deakin are driving around in a 355 spider.I think it was red.

21. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Only You with Robert Downey Jr and Marisa Tomei had a Mondial T

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    There was a black (or dark blue) Dino 246 in Batman Forever (Val Kilmer). You could see it when Robin takes his motorcycle in Batman's garage for gas (not the Batcave, a regular garage).

23. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Here are two more:

I just finished watching Columbo's first season on DVD (I really liked that series as a kid) A Daytona was in two episodes. The first was bought by the killer (a female) as a present to herself after she wacked her brother and took over the family company. It was bright blue, new and "just delivered".
    The second was another Daytona owned by Roddy McDowel. It was silver and he used it to distract a mechanic so he could plant a bomb in his Uncle's limo. He told the guy to check his sparkplugs because it wasn't running right.

24. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I almost forgot, I have the second season too. Two episodes again had Ferraris but this time they were both 275 GTS. Somebody who worked on that show must have really liked Ferraris

25. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    XXX

INSATIABLE: Marilyn Chambers and John Holmes

She drives a Dino, someone posted a picture of this in a past post.