Ferrari Insurance | FerrariChat

Ferrari Insurance

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Arnage Intl, Mar 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arnage Intl

Arnage Intl Rookie

Nov 9, 2015
    I would greatly appreciate if anyone could please recommend a good and reasonable insurance company, preferably in California, for Ferraris and other exotic cars?
    Thank you

paulchua likes this.
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Many threads on this subject, but I personally use www.grundy.com/ , they actually work with several insurance companies and specialize in collector cars.

3. Arnage Intl

Arnage Intl Rookie

Nov 9, 2015
    Thank you very much, I appreciate your response.

4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i use geico. 15 minutes could save you 15%.

5. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'm using Grundy. I had a better quote from LelandWest. They needed to know the liability of the insurance on my other cars. It wasn't clear at the time, but the limitation for liability is that the insurance coverage on other vehicles must be the same. This became an issue with a lease company. A friend I know raves about Hagerty because of their extra "service," but I didn't really want to pay an additional $1,000 for it. I would recommend getting a quote from LelandWest first, and then talk to them.

6. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Call Geico and get a quote. I was happy with what the quoted me.

7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    State Farm for all my cars and home and umbrella...pay about $1200/yr for 16M

Sent from my 16M

Tamahal and 308 milano like this.
  8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I use Hagerty now. Grundy before. Reasonable price. Stated value. 2 F's and a Lotus. The key is not how much a month. It's how willing they pay up if things happen. Hargety and Grundy have pretty good reputations on this end.

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Interested in your info on Hagerty...I got quotes from them on a couple F cars and they seemed quite high....

Sent from my 16M

10. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Which ever insurance company you decide to go with, just make sure that you have a top notch agent working for you.
    Your agent's job is to work with the carrier and is an advocate on your behalf. They are also there to shop different carriers to get your best rate when they are multiline brokers. Calling a 1-800 number to get insurance is great if all you are looking to do is have coverage (per the law). Having a professional to evaluate your needs and guide you to make sure you are properly protected is a huge load off my mind personally.
    Kind of like using a doctor or dentist. I guess you could operate on yourself but I would rather trust an expert in my corner.

Just my thoughts, for what it is worth.

Best wishes,
    Gene Greer

ago car nut likes this.
  11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Have any agent recommendations?

12. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Funny you should ask...…...

I never was a big fan of the industry and always hated having to pay for something but never being able to use it until I was schooled by my agent (wife).
    Being exposed to the ins and outs helped me understand more than I ever expected. It was something I never learned in life.

My wife has been an agent for over 40 years and is a partner in her firm for 9 years. She has only sold personal lines insurance for her company and has become the "go to girl" here in the Pacific Northwest when high net worth clients need coverage. She also works with those who have simpler needs but still require an expert in the industry. She is always on and always has her customer's best interest at heart.
    Selling many different carriers allows her to pick and chose the best fit for her client and make sure that they are fully protected.

I didn't post my response to get clients for my wife, as she does pretty well for herself.
    If she can help someone and ensure that they are well protected in life, PM me and I can provide her contact info.
    Just know that she is the best and I can easily say that after being married to this wonderful lady for 37 years.

Sorry for the long rant but I always seem to have a lot to say......

Best wishes,
    Gene Greer

13. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    use the search function in many of the sub forums here and you will see lots of people's choices.

Of course, when it comes to insurance, no two drivers get the same quote ever. So your personal experience will not mirror what you find.

An easy example is Haggarty. Like someone mentioned above, I got quotes from them and they turned out to be the highest cost, worst coverage, most limitations. But others found them to be their best choice.

I abandoned the so-called retail insurance companies - allstate, geico, state farm, farmers, etc and went with Chubb level companies when I got my first exotic. Found them to be FAR cheaper in my case for FAR better coverage and service. And putting all of my policies there ended up saving me a bunch over even a cheap, long-time allstate quote. Nevermind that Allstate's coverage is nowhere close to Chubb's.

But, you will find people with the opposite experiences for any of these.

The other decision is "what kind of coverage"...replacement value? Agreed value? Fair value? Etc...need to get educated on those and make a decision and that will influence which companies you can work with.

14. velocegiallo

velocegiallo Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2017
    California
    I recently shopped around and ended up with Hagerty again. They were about $100 annually more than State Farm.

15. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    I use American Collectors which is affiliated with USAA somehow. They have agreed value and are reasonably priced - $600/year for my '82 400iGT with an agreed value of $80k.

SteelWool likes this.
  16. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    My 488 is less than my wife’s Porsche Panamera GTS buy $20 a month...my Jeep Grand Cherokee 2019 is only $50 a month less. We use State Farm.

17. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    i use Travelers and have been very happy. With all my cars , house , office ..... the 458 comes to $1200/year premium .

18. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    I switched to Hagerty from Geico 1.5 years ago and saved over $8k/year and also have a better plan. Had a claim last year and have been very happy so far with how they handled it so would highly recommend them. Hagerty also does a lot to support the car community.

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I would recommend USAA if you have any military service.

I personally like Amica. They are probably on the high side of costs, but their customer service has always been amazing to me.

syata likes this.
  20. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Leland-West Insurance (AXA Insurance Company) has been great, been using them for 13 years now and they have great pricing and coverage.
    https://www.lelandwest.com/