News

Ferrari key

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Paul mason, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Paul mason

Paul mason Rookie

Dec 13, 2017
    Full Name:
    Paul mason
    Hello apologies if I am in wrong place but I was wondering if anybody knew where I can obtain a replica ferrari key fob that is used in the gtb ect

I only want it for my display the key inside is not needed I just wanted a shell to out on my shelf

I looked on eBay ect but can only find genuine ones

I'm not a millionaire don't own a ferrari but am a fan and love them

Usually there is somebody who makes copies of things but can't find any anywhere

I just wanted the case with the big ferrari red letters on it

Hopefully win the lottery someday and buy the real thing
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Paul: I appreciate your enthusiasm and hope that you're aware of the fact that many Ferrari owners are far from millionaires. Instead, many are just plain hard working common folk that had a vision and goals, and were willing to work hard to achieve their goals. I've told my son on numerous occasions that when I was growing, up we played half-ball because no one had $0.10 to buy a whole ball. Like myself, many here come from very humble roots. So winning the lottery is not the key; hard work and determination is! Fatherly advise over! Sorry, but I have no idea where to obtain a key fob.

mwr4440 and sierra055 like this.
  3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    You don't need to be rich to own a Ferrari. Just smart with your money. If you want a NEW Ferrari.. it helps to have a job that pays well.
    1. Have steady good income
    2. Start with a lower cost Ferrari. Mondial comes to mind if on a limited budget
    3. Learn how to fix your own cars. Preferably don't learn on the Ferrari
    4. Purchase with a loan that you know you can repay.

whatheheck and eyeman1234 like this.
  4. Paul mason

Paul mason Rookie

Dec 13, 2017
    Full Name:
    Paul mason
    Hi i didn't mean any offence I know you don't have to be a millionaire to own one and many people work hard to obtain ehst they want I meant no offence by that wording it was meant in no way offensive or an attack on people who have them.

I apologize for my wording in which I am unfortuantly not good at wording due to personal reasons which sometimes causes offence the way i say things.

Thanks for replying anyway regarding the fob I shall continue my hunt for one.

I have had the priveligde of driving a f430 spider at a track day for a gift so atleast that's one tick of my bucket list and what a car that is.

5. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Hmmm -I couldnt find it either (I looked for you - just in case I could find it). They are going for $900 or so - however, they are new to the models so give it a year or so and ebay will have the replacement shells. They are too new to be worn out yet.

Until then, may I suggest a working version of the current 458/Cali/488 FOB-key for around $65 from ebay/china-vendors. They actually have the prancing horse on them and are EXACT replicas that are cut-able and programmable to be used with a real Ferrari. I bought one as an extra key for my Cali (have not cut or programmed it yet but its identical to my factory key). Looks like below.

Attached Files:

6. Ferrarimaster5

Feb 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    eddy charles
    Does it work ?