Ferrari kid who realized his dream. | FerrariChat

Ferrari kid who realized his dream.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nesch18, Jan 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nesch18

Nesch18 Rookie

Nov 16, 2020
    Delaware
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    My name is Daniel I live in Delaware but I am originally from Germany.

As a kid I always played with a 1:18 Bburago Ferrari F40. The die cast belonged to my dad who had it displayed in the packaging. One day I was finally able to take it out and play with it. Shortly after I claimed ownership of the F40. That’s when I got hooked on Ferrari. It was always my dream car.

As I grew older when and got to the driving ago of 18(in Europe), I got my first car which was a 1993 Opel Corsa with 43hp. I bought that for 1400€ in 2003. Not ideal for a car enthusiast but it got me around. Then I got the opportunity to buy a Opel Calibra with 150hp which was crazy fast for me. That made me an Opel fan, which made me also buy a 1985 Opel Manga B. I still loved Ferrari but I was sure that I’ll never be able to afford one. So the years moved on and I kinda moved up in the ladder got a 1998 BMW 320i convertible after followed by a 1998 Mercedes SL 320 in 2008 or so. I remember there was a guy in my town who had an F430 spider and every time I saw it I was so jealous, but that always reminded me what’s still my dream.

A couple years later I got the opportunity to go to the states for a lucrative job but was still far away from Ferrari money but I did a lot better but that didn’t last long because there was not enough business and I had to go back. I was crushed. But it was the kick in the butt I needed so I looked for a new opportunity myself and landed a great job in the US for a German company.

Those first years in the US I got another 1998 Mercedes SL in 2012 but this time I got the big dog SL600 with a V12. I also loved muscle cars, so I got my first ever brand new car in 2013 which was a 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible. Yes I grew to be a 100% convertible guy and I am still. I was planing to own this car forever but a door ding changed my mind lol. Ferrari was still my dream car. I was probably closer to be able to buy one but I still thought it might not happen.

So while owning the Camaro I was turning into a Chevy guy, so when I heard about the new 2019 ZR1 I was like Wow I need to have it. So I was able to get an allocation and ordered a brand new 2019 ZR1 Convertible(of course :)) So I started saving like crazy for a down payment that I can have as much money down as possible. So I had that car for a couple of years and had no intend to selling it.

So last year in September I drove by a McLaren dealership just to window shop and I saw a 2012 Mercedes SLS Roadster. So I test drove it and wanted to make a trade because I still also had a passion for Mercedes. We didn’t reach an agreement but I told them that I eventually want to step up to an exotic. And he said McLaren? I said maybe. So they let me take out a 650S for a spin.

Well here we go. I want an exotic. Will I be able to buy one? Yes. Is it financially smart? Absolutely not. Should I still buy an exotic now? Hell yeah, life is short!

I loved the 650S. It was super fast but my heart said Ferrari with a mid engine in Rosso Corsa with beige interior. So since it was not a financially smart decision I thought I should go with a 458 Spider since there is a chance that I will not loose that much money than with a 488 and they were also more expensive.

So I called up the first Ferrari dealership which was kinda local. It was a 2015 with the specs I wanted other than front end lift. It had 15k miles for 205k and I thought it was in good shape. I found a few imperfections but they didn’t bother me. So I still had my ZR1 which I wanted to trade. They lowballed me on that and I walked out. I would have agreed on the 200k. Which was probably too much. That would have been a kinda bad emotional buy.

So I continued to search and this time I was going for all the options I wanted and for under 10k miles willing to pay up for that.

So I found this 2013 458 Spider with 4700 miles on it in perfect condition. It has front end lift, carbon steering wheel, carbon dash, forged wheels, front and rear parking sensors, Daytona seats. 319k sticker. I have paid 220k for it.

Dreams do come true!

Thanks for reading. Please let me know your thoughts on the car and the price!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    Very nice!
    Congratulations!

3. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Absolutely beautiful—congrats on realizing your dream!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If you like it now, wait until the first time you hit the redline at 9 grand!