Ferrari LaFerrari vs Mclaren P1 vs Porsche 918 | Page 164 | FerrariChat

Ferrari LaFerrari vs Mclaren P1 vs Porsche 918

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by mpowered, Nov 3, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hrelja98

Hrelja98 Karting

May 8, 2013
    Ive been told that peel P50 did 4:48.328 on ring too...Im really sick of that Ive been told this Ive been told that stuff...and about P1's downforce how can you actually know it works as good as they say? Everybody criticises Enzo because it didnt have the downforce that they said, and nobody brought that in question with P1...

2. Mark ANTAR

Mark ANTAR Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2012
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Full Name:
    Mark ANTAR
    Yes, it does 1.6G maximum, the P1 can decelerate at 2Gs.

You can't change the fact that the P1 accelerates much harder.

They are both on the same track, so they are both affected by the bumpy road. The GT-R Nismo generates 100kg of downforce more than the standard GT-R at 186mph (so ~180kg) whereas the P1 generates 600kg at 160mph.

3. Argosy

Argosy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2013
    I also cannot change the fact that Nissan did a documented 7:08 and released a video, and Mclaren, even after several days of testing, has released only weak excuses.

4. Wtdoom

Wtdoom Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Agartha
    Full Name:
    WT Doom
    An often neglected point ( and one that Nissan and Porsche excel at ) is drivetrain efficiency . Both in integration and actually being able to put the power down with enough efficiency and grip aggressively .
    The standard gtr is heavier , less aerodynamic , bigger , has less downforce and power than cars like the 12c and 458 yet is at least as fast on many circuits and faster at the ring ( witness what gt3s do to cars in the performance bracket above with less power ) .
    It's easy to get lost in hp/ downforce / weight etc . These are all important but actually putting down the power is also vital , especially somewhere like the ring .

5. Mark ANTAR

Apr 26, 2012
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Full Name:
    Mark ANTAR
    Because they don't want to. They never did with any of their road cars...

Oh, and where's LaFerrari's lap time? Weren't they testing there as well?

6. Argosy

Argosy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2013
    BS. They certainly celebrated their TG lap.... and crashed a 12C trying to nail down NRing record previously.

Weak. Excuses.

7. Mark ANTAR

Apr 26, 2012
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Full Name:
    Mark ANTAR
    Do you seriously think they were trying to break the previous lap record? If so, you must be out of your mind.

The TG lap is official, that's why.

8. Hrelja98

Hrelja98 Karting

May 8, 2013
    I dont remember Ferrari saying "We will brake all records", "this will be the fastest car on the road and track", "nothing will come near to the performance of this vehicle", "Nurburgring is the benchmark, its gonna be under 7 minutes"

9. Mark ANTAR

Apr 26, 2012
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Full Name:
    Mark ANTAR
    Another great review by 'DeltaOne' from PistonHeads:

10. Argosy

Argosy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2013

Well, explain the reasoning of renting the entire circuit + helicopter crew and crashing a 12C... If they were videoing a promo, why go so fast that it went over the limit?

11. Mark ANTAR

Apr 26, 2012
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Full Name:
    Mark ANTAR
    It was out there on the track completing laps as part of ongoing tests and wasn’t trying to set a "lap record". The car wasn't even production spec and the helicopter had nothing to do with McLaren.

12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Why did the Macca run at the Nurburgring?

To get to the other side. ;)

13. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_LPKXRGZ0]Nürburgring lap: Nissan GT-R NISMO - YouTube[/ame]

14. FXEFFECTS

FXEFFECTS Karting

Jan 5, 2009
    ATLANTA, Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shortly before delivery of the first vehicles, the Porsche 918 Spyder is beating its own benchmark values. Marking the success of the final tuning measures, the Porsche super sports car is now even more capable of putting in a strong sprinting performance. The vehicle now accelerates from zero to 60 mph in just 2.5 seconds (-0.2 seconds), and with the Weissach package, it accelerates from zero to 124 mph on the track in 7.2 seconds (-0.5 seconds). It reaches the 186 mph mark after 19.9 seconds (-2.1 seconds) on the track.

Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser, Senior Vice President 918 Spyder, highlights the significance of these results: "We have used all options available up to now to electrify the 918 Spyder, working right up to the last minute to do so."

The enhancements also bring benefits in terms of the electrical performance delivered by the hybrid super sports car. The electric motors (one each on the front and rear axles) allow the 918 Spyder to accelerate from zero to 62 mph in 6.2 seconds, without producing any emissions. Such a performance marks a reduction of seven tenths of a second on the previous time. With the Weissach package fitted, this electric sprinting time is reduced to 6.1 seconds.

The 918 Spyder complete with Weissach package currently holds the lap record for road vehicles on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, boasting a time of 6:57 minutes. Final U.S. EPA fuel economy estimates will be available closer to launch.

SOURCE Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

15. giacomodiroma

giacomodiroma Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 11, 2013
    So my cousin who work at Ferrari S.p.A. say to me this morning that the legal team are working on final buyers contracts for LaFerrari. I am shocked! Somebody who will buy this machine please tell me this is not true (but my cousin is not a lier): Ferrari will make the client of LaFerrari sign the statement that say he/she will never let a magazine/reporter test his vehicle. If the client go against this promise, he/she will not have permission to buy again a Ferrari. Why this?? Hows possible to know how LaFerrari will compare to 918 and P1 on same condition??

16. Luque

Luque Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2009
    Italy
    Mark , That’s nonsense.
    Ferrari never promised to thrash the lap records for production cars at both the Top Gear test track and at Nordschliefe or claimed that nobody else would be able to get near the laferrari's performance as someone (Ron Dennis) clearly claimed for the P1.
    Ferrari test final specs cars on the ring to verify the settings in very extreme conditions as all carmakers do from BMW to Land Rover that are not testing there to beat the lap record wagons category or something like that.
    I’ve never heard any Ferrari test driver saying ‘ this car is the fastest ever here or there’ but rather that it is the most enjoyable.
    So I really don’t understand your point.

Luque

17. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Its because Ferrari can't cook the books with a customer car!

18. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Because you've been told so? Well that settles it then, Mark the McLaren fan-boy was told the P1 is faster by an unknown source. End of discussion. :rolleyes:

McLaren went to the Ring and failed miserably, just like they failed to find 500 buyers.

Stop coming up with these pathetic excuses, it's embarrassing.

19. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Coming from the guy that was willing to do whatever it took to get a LF but was told NO, still as bitter as ever lol.

20. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Unfortunately, Ferrari never made any claims about NRing times - so they don't have anything to prove. Porsche have proved their lap time facts in great fashion. McLaren didn't - having previously claimed they would. That's the difference. McLaren set expectations and didn't deliver. Now they are being called on it. Simples. This story is not going away anytime soon.

21. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Dude, get it through your thick f'n head. I was never willing to whatever it took, I was never offered the car, and if i was offered I am NOT INTERESTED. Get it? How stupid can you be?!

22. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Ferrari said it would be a <7mns at the ring.

23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Are McLaren (and Ferrari to a lesser degree) learning the hard way that F1 tech doesn't directly translate to fast Nordschleife times...?

24. Hrelja98

Hrelja98 Karting

May 8, 2013
    They never said that

25. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Not possible. Won't happen.