Ferrari LM #6167 | FerrariChat

Ferrari LM #6167

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by d512, Sep 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. d512

d512 Rookie

Sep 26, 2016
    Hi ,i am an enthusiastic historian on 250 LM's.
    I follow the movement of all of them with great interest .
    Since it changed hands in 2000 i have lost any information on #6167,the famous Maranello Conc.Car .
    Would appreciate any information ,Tom

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #2 El Wayne, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Tom, welcome to F-Chat. Chassis number 6167 is currently being used by more than one LM, but with your reference to a change of hands in 2000, I assume you're referring to the long nose, blue and white car, purportedly built around some surviving mechanicals of 6167, but with a completely new chassis and body (ex-Stefano Sebastiani). That car went to France, where it was spotted in 2005-06. Here is a pair of images taken during that time:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/144403003-post629.html

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/135926137-post60.html

I have nothing on this car since, but there are others here who may have more recent information.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. d512

d512 Rookie

Sep 26, 2016
    Hi, thanks for the information.
    Would you know by chance the location in France?

4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    There is also a replica using the number 6167R.

5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Happy to help, but these are not my photos. My suggestion would be to follow the links I provided (Peter den Biggelaar says his spot was "at the old museum in Mougins, France") and then contact those who posted the photos if you would like additional details.

By the way, as a historian on LMs, can you provide any additional information on this car, such as photos or documents describing the remains purchased by Sebastiani in 1969? Also, do you know the price paid by Kolles in 2000?

6. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    The second photo (posted by Birel) shows the car at Musée de l'Automobile in Mougins (South of France). I took some photos in 2005. This was a nice museum but now closed.

7. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I have 24 pages about this car. The one picture that is a mystery is the car being towed on a four wheel trailer by a black Mercedes stopped at restaurant covered with snow.What's the story here. tonga's crew

8. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #8 El Wayne, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The image purportedly shows this car during a stop in the Alpine town of Aosta, Italy, after being loaded on the trailer for transport in Modena by UK dealer Don Parker (seen in the first image below - and not the famous F3 driver). I can't give an exact date, but as the car appears be wearing the new fiberglass body by Piper and is travelling through the Alps, I would say it's headed to France, where it will meet up with Vestey at Le Mans -- September 1968.

9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #9 Marcel Massini, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Pic #1 was taken in front of Piero Drogo's workshop Carrozzeria Sports Cars located near the old Aerautodromo in Modena (Via Emilia Ovest 524).

Marcel Massini

10. MBPaki

MBPaki Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    TURIN
    Full Name:
    Miki Bellagarda
    Second picture is taken in front of Hotel Des Alpes, now closed, between Courmayeur and the Mont Blanc Tunnel. Best, Miki-Paki.