Ferrari Logo Puddle Light? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Logo Puddle Light?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Fireman1291, Apr 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
  2. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    The light under the door panel is perfect. My google-fu has come up dry though...

3. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    I did see someone on FChat who had a good idea. He bought the El Cheapo ebay versions of the Ferrari puddle light logo projection lights and just drilled the holes directly into the existing plain plastic clear puddle lights and connected the wiring to new lights instead. This way if there was ever a problem or he didn't want them anymore he could just replace the two puddle lights which he said were like $5/light through the dealer (which I find hard to believe) but still you're not cutting metal or door trim which obviously would be expensive. The link below is the ebay store he mentioned.

1pair Car Door Profession LED Projector Welcome Ghost Shadow Lights For Ferrari

4. Andrew Leather-Barrow

Oct 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Andrew Leather-Barrow
    Same generic part across all fiat group companies

5. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    Cool thanks for the details and the great idea! I wish my F430 had lights on the bottom of the door to do the same thing. I'd have to cut holes in the actual trim panel and run new wires to splice into the wiring harness which seems a bit too much tear up for my taste. Of course if I did I could always install a pair of these to hide the fact that I had a logo pair in previously if I needed to remove them for some reason.
    Frank

6. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Mine just arrived today. I’ll get ‘em on eventually

Andrew Leather-Barrow likes this.
  7. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
  8. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    The F430 door panels need to be cut and wires run to the area from the very back edge of the door where the stock light is. The 458 and later have lights on the bottom of the door panels to replace with the logo puddle lights. I did cut the door panels in my 430 and installed them myself but it was not easy. If you do make sure you're very careful cutting the leather. I no longer have the car to take pix of the install, sorry.

9. Mba

Mba Rookie

May 6, 2019
    You can ask your dealer there is an original Ferrari aftermarket kit if I remember well.

10. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    Even though the out of range book shows an OEM puddle light kit for the F430 there isn't really one. I worked with Cauley and Continental motor sports Ferrari dealers on this for my car and they both checked and confirmed it's mistakenly shown in the book. According to Ferrari there is no puddle knight kit for the F430, at least that's what I was told.
    Frank