Ferrari Luggage information | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Luggage information

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by trope1975, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004

I'm in the market for a set of luggage for my 328GTS pm me if ya'll have any leads. Many thanks.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You are aware of it's availablity thru the Owner's Site, correct?

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Depending on how authentic you want it to be there are alternatives: Schedoni manufacturers many pieces at much lower prices if they're not for Ferraris (what a surprise...).

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Really, knock ME over! And thanks for your kind offer!

Yes, I know that brings to mind an old joke, LOL

5. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    Yes. However, having just become a Ferrari Owner, I'm a bit too poor to buy new. So, I'm looking for a "used" set of luggage for my 328GTS.
    CHeers.

6. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Rick (ZSNNF) was looking for a set for an F-40 here's what's on the owners site-

Identical to the original luggage set
    Can be personalised with your initials
    Set includes a suitcase, a clothes bag and briefcase

Net price:
    3.500,00 Euro

(I keep checking, I know that one day they'll due a reissue for the 512TR.)

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks. Norm

Hang in there, buddy! It won't be long before they give the TR to Ferrari UK to take care of!

You woudn't BELIEVE the difference that has made in carbed 308GTB ownership.

Thanks for checking the owner's site for that.

8. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    Frank(Parkerfe) had gotten luggage for his BBi, but I havnt been able to find a set anywhere. ANy leads? Thanks
    Charlie

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Are you registered at the Ferrari Owner's site?

That's where we are seeing the repro (as original by Schedoni) sets.

10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Although Frank's prices kick a--. Maybe he'll shop for me!

11. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004
    I just bought a 348 SS and it came with custom luggage. There are three pieces that fit in the front compartment. Each is a dark grayish leather with a Ferrari horse pressed into the leather near the handle. The first two are conventional sized luggage pieces while the last piece is much smaller and is a strange piece that looks like it is designed to carry a women's make up or something: it has two separate compartments that are stacked on top of each other. Also, each piece comes with a covering bag with a Ferrari horse samped on it. I guess the cover bags are designed to protect the luggage from dirt and scuff marks.

12. Kleos1

Kleos1 Karting

Feb 1, 2004
    Urbandale Iowa
    Full Name:
    Garry Haas
    Were they they large duffles or the medium size?

13. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    And in an F40 you are NOT showing off!?!? :) LOL!

Seriously, I want to go to Monterey and the gf packs everything..... Maybe I'll have her stuff shipped!!! :0

Someone told me they have seen F40 stuff..... maybe not. A couple of semi circle bags and a long skinny one would work!! yea, right.

14. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Is this for an F40?
    And, is this on the owners site?
    Rick

15. trope1975

trope1975 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    Thanks for all the great info everyone. Very helpful. I have already received a few emails about the set I have.

Here's some more info for anyone who wants it. The luggage is from a 1989 348 TS. It's a four-piece Schedoni set with the dust covers. It has never been used and is in great condition. There are a few very minor blemishes with the luggage (I'm being very cautious by saying this - they are all in fantastic condition for being nearly 15 years old). I will include all this info with more detail to anyone who in interested.

If you're interested in purchasing the luggage, please contact me at trope1975@yah##.com (that's yahoo.com) and I will send you pics and price and try my best to answer any questions you may have. If I havent found a buyer in a few days I plan to list them on ebay.

Thanks again everyone.

16. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Rick,

Yes, this is on the owners site and it's custom made for the F-40.

Here's the rest of the information, the site notes average 75 days for delivery (ouch!). But then I've waited longer than that for some stupid little piece of black rubber-

F 40 natural tan leather luggage set

The tailor-made F40 luggage set is made by the original manufacturer to the original design using the highest quality hides. Vegetable tanned full-grain leather is used throughout and the luggage set is available in two colours to match your car’s interior: black or natural tan (cuoio).
    The set consists of a round suitcase and a clothes bag that fit in the spare wheel well, and a briefcase for the cabin.
    Hand-made by Schedoni’s skilled craftsmen, the set is identical in every way – right down to the stitching - to those originally supplied at the time the F40 was in production. Something that is taken into consideration by judges in concours d’elegance!
    In addition, the set can be ordered fire-branded with your initials. To specify this option, please write to us using the Contact us link via the icon on the navigation menu on the top right-hand side of the page, indicating the letters required.

All the best
    Norm

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think large. I *believe* current item # 55205 in the Exoticar catalogue or SF0872 on Speedgear.com. But you better check size when ordering.

18. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Question:

Does having the luggage vs. not having it make a difference when a car is being judged at a concours event?

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm not a judge, but I would think yes. Not much, but it would probably help.

It definitely helps in "concours" where people get to vote as they normally think that is cool. It doesn't help me though: Having a rear wing is considered so tacky by most, that I loose all points I won through the luggage...

20. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Full Name:
    Norm
    But some nice custom straps on the wing could be used to hold the luggage, leaving the trunk available for spare parts.

21. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    348 luggage will not fit in a 308 the two main suitcases are too tall. I just picked up a brand new set w/ dustcovers for my 348 for $1500.00 also included was the 2 piece shoebox/makeup kit as a 4th piece

22. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    If anyone has a line on Mondial luggage, let me know. The Ferrari owners site, $6k + is waaaaaaaaaaaay too much for luggage

23. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Norm,
    Thank you very much. I have been trying to get back on the site for over 3 weeks. I forgot my pass word and have sent over a dozen emails to them with no response.
    I'm not sure about the "luggage set is available in two colours to match your car’s interior: black or natural tan" All F40's have grey dashes, black carbon door panels and Red seats. I guess that means I get black.

Thanks again,
    Rick

24. robertinOK

robertinOK Karting

Dec 5, 2003
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    RobertWakeling.com
    Hi Charlie, I've got a set of two pieces for a 512bbi that came with mine...been wondering whether to sell it or keep it. Be nice to keep it but I need an exhaust..lol
    Mine is new, never used, and I know cost the orriginal owner a fortune!
    Let me know if your interested...or any sugestions on keeping it or letting it go?
    Bob

25. robertinOK

robertinOK Karting

Dec 5, 2003
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    RobertWakeling.com
    Hey Charlie...Mine says "schdoni, Modena" on it so I guess its the real mcCoy...comes with protective bags with the prancing horse etc.
    Bob