Ferrari/Maserati on Park Ave | FerrariChat

Ferrari/Maserati on Park Ave

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Formula1, Oct 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    If any of you are in the Midtown area (55th and Park Ave), the new Ferrari/Maserati showroom is almost open. Cars are in the showroom, but the windows are still covered. If you peak in you can see a Q-Porte, Gransport, 575 and a Scag.

2. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    When does it open? Has anyone been invited down?

3. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    we all got invitation, you didnt???

4. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Shut Up! Are you for real?

5. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    I didn't receive anything. Then again, I think FNA has yet to update their address for me... after two moves. So I almost never get any of the normal invitations.

6. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    ok just playin, relax, i didn;t get invitation. i don't think they send out invitation.

7. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    This is four blocks away from work. Last time this was discussed there was talk that this would only be a "marketing" office, with no sales. I still find that hard to believe. We'll find out the truth soon enough.

Mmmm...575.

8. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Mmmm...V12.

9. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Mmmm...rental referrals....

10. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I walked by there today. Can't wait for it to open. I might glean something about the facility next week...

11. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    everytime i drive by the Ferrari/Maserati showroom on Park during business hours.....i give them a honk everytime :)

12. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Would someone stop by already, knock on the door and get us info! Dammit!

13. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Guys i think its only a showroom and no selling will be done out of there. Again i might be wrond as usual.

14. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    u are correct Eli. showroom only. no sales

15. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    So it's a "drooling only" type of place. Hmmmmm.

16. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    What's the point of that?

17. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Building brand recognition -- increasing awareness of new models to Joe Public -- all in all, making Ferrari even more Ferrari.

This showroom is classic f-style -- you can look, you can want, but even if you've got the cash, you can't buy. :)

18. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    It's like the Mclaren showroom (now no more) that was in London for all those years. It's all for the drool factor. They want non-Ferrari owners to have their noses pressed against the glass.

Ferrari has an interesting business model in that they intentionally do not meet demand. They do this to keep the brand name valuable. Ferrari merchandising is a huge business. The more exclusive Ferrari is in the minds of consumers, the more the brand is worth, the more hats and tee-shirts, and flags, and Legos Ferrari sells. This showroom is not about selling cars, but about strengthening the aura of Ferrari (which in turn, strengthens the value of the name.)

Z

19. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    ...enter www.gothamdreamcars.com to meet the needs of those who might be able to stand not buying, but would be up for renting a few not-so-cheap thrills. I envision one of those street-corner guys handing out gothamdreamcars postcards to anyone walking out of the showroom......

20. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I cannot tell you how many conversations I've had with the "bobbies" in front of that place as they asked me to "move along". Apparently humping the glass in London is not generally considered good manners.

What an uptight bunch of...

21. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Can someone fill me in?

What's with this showroom? Who's showroom is it? I'm assuming that Ferrari/Maserati of North America are using the space, but then again one of the dealers could be doing it too for all I know.

Anyone have a link to a news article explaining the whole thing?

22. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    There's a Ferrari Showroom on Park that looks like it is opening soon.

That's all we know.

23. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    FNA is using the store as a marketing tool-no cars will be sold there. Great place for tourists to buy merchandise and i-bankers to sit in the cars. Iwas up at FNA about a week ago and took another look at the Maserati sedan and it really looks incredible. They had a silver with the larger sport rims in the front. Nice alternative to the ugly M5.

24. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Aren't other manufacturers setting up these "show only" stores? I had thought BMW and Audi had showrooms in midtown.

25. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    There is a showroom like this in Toronto (Canada) wich has/had a Q-porte and a 612. The main dealer is about half an hour away from it, but they put the showroom in a VERY affluent part of the city (Yorkville). I think that they know there are very wealthy people around that area so they are more likely to run to the dealer and buy one. Maby it is the same in your case as well?