Ferrari Mechanics in Atlanta? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Mechanics in Atlanta?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by hollywoodchris, Oct 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robert Rehkopf

Robert Rehkopf Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Cordova, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert Rehkopf
    +1 For FOA. They've treated me fairly every time.

2. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    I'm with you 100% on this George. I have the ability and time to turn wrenches and that's what I do, I trust myself to do it right above anyone else.... That said, if I had a more modern Ferrair my choice might not be the same.

3. DeeNice

DeeNice Rookie

May 27, 2011
    does anyone know of a reputable auto repair service for Ferrari in Atlanta. The dealer here quoted me 8400 to repair the F1 pump on a 2005 F430. Four other dealers outside of Atlanta quoted me 3500 - 4000 bucks. What's the deal with that????? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    DeeNice. I think the main thing that most are missing here is this, what you got from the other "dealers" is a "quote" to be specific. This sometimes, and in many cases, is a red herring and a way to get you to ship the car to them...only to be blindsided with a much higher bill when they actually get to look at it. In the world of exotics, especially now with mechanized gear shifting systems and very complex computer workings, there is no "boilerplate" amount for this service or that. They can give you an idea, a jumping off point, but at the end of the day when they get down and dirty and the car is torn down in their hands, their tune can change rapidly.

FoA is a stand up place. They don't con people into coming into their shop just to drop the bad news on you later. I have also never seen a shop more inclined to work with someone. I have serviced several cars there over the past two years with 100% success. Kevin Connors is a great guy, totally stand up and does what he says he will do. Vance on the Maserati side is bullets, couldn't find a better guy. I don't know the new guy on Ferrari side that well, but if they hired him I am sure he is a good fit.

In the end, I have found that you get what you pay for. I would, if it were actually more, pay the difference if it was not outrageous to go to the authorized dealer with bricks and mortar backed and vetted by Maranello itself. Just my .02 but the guys at FoA from Ed Wettach, Hugh Steward and Will Campell down to the guy that washes the cars are top shelf. I even kinda think the two bald guys in sales are good dudes, for whatever that is worth!

5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    and lets not forget, if you ever need to take a dump. that mens room of the FOA shop floor has tons of great reading material. auto related, of course.

6. atlshaver

atlshaver Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Let's not get carried away... :)

Seriously, FOA has always been incredible to work with and they represent tremendous VALUE to me.

7. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    I had a depressingly negativie experience with FoA...

That turned out to be incredibly positive.

Without relaying a very long post, just imagine a miscommunication of the first order that triggered a series of UNINTENTIONAL missteps in a significant service at FoA.

However - like real men and real ladies in business to EARN and KEEP customers - they stepped up. They bent over backwards to make it 'right' in all regards, largely due to Kevin Connors, the service manager.

They became an example of customer service excellence and proficiency. My Boxer is happy, I'm happy, I'll use 'em again. I can't comment on how 'expensive' or 'cheap' they might be compared to others; I only know I'll go back.

Though I'm a fan of competent independent technicians (many on this forum) the added confidence of the dealership does count for something.

8. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I'll do it for free in my garage. You bring the parts, tools, an SD3 and a guy who knows how to use it. Get where I am going with this? FOA has always performed the highest quality work for me and I will use them again for my 360.

9. ferraribrit

ferraribrit Karting

Feb 27, 2009
    Ridgeland, MS
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Having had nothing but great experience with FoA, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've given you a quote on the high side just in case. They aren't going to charge you 2 or 3 times another dealer for parts, so they must feel the work will take longer than the others. Once the 'cheaper' dealer has it all apart and says 'uhoh, it's now going to be this much', what are you going to do? Just my .02

Best, Paul

10. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    I hate to revise an old thread, but wondering who you would recommend for a PPI other than Ferrari of Atlanta. Nothing against them, but it is a car they have on their lot and would like to get a second opinion on the condition of the car.

I notice a shop recommended earlier in the thread, but since the thread is over 3 years old, wondering if they are still in business or another reputable dealer opened up.

Thanks for the assistance.

Deiger

11. apex97

apex97 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2006
    Stockbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Edward Zabinski
    I see this an older thread, but its nice to see so many positive comments about Ferrari of Atlanta. I had never even considered taking my older Ferraris to a dealer other than when there was no other option, ( I have a shop with a lift and all the tools I need at home) but its nice to know there is a good one here in town! Maybe its worth having another set of trained eyeballs on the car once in a while!

12. janders82

janders82 Karting

Nov 26, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Bringing back an OLD thread, but.....

Anyone recently had a major service done on their 355/348 at FOA?

curious on price & service.

Thanks!

13. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Used to work at FOA, several guys I know use him only,(did a PPI for me on a 348) and will not go back to the dealer; I have NO personal exp with FOA BUT I DO HAVE PERSONAL EXP with their Maserati side; it was bad!
    Ended up going to Franz Blam Racing in Tucker and he builds Porsche race cars for the Flying Lizard Team whom his son manages;got him a manual and schematics and it was over 50% less then the money I paid at FOA/Maserati side, and ran like a champ! Doc