Ferrari of Houston referral/feedback appreciated | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Houston referral/feedback appreciated

Discussion in 'Texas' started by dustman, Dec 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Like to know if this is a reputable F dealer based on your experiences.
    Ive done business with BevHills, Atlanta and Austin but not Houston.

Considering a car they have in inventory.

Thank you!

2. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

My buddy has dealt with them a few times over the years. I think he’s purchased and some servicing (not all). Over the years I’ve never heard him complain, and always speaks well of them. I’m sure someone with direct experience will chime in, but I would not hesitate.

3. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    I have bought 2 cars from them. Both good experiences, one with Joe and one with Ryan.
    In my experience, they are good guys to work with, offered me a fair deal for my trade and I had no bad / unexpected surprises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Thank you.

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    If you have dealt with Ferrari of Austin, you have dealt with Ferrari of Houston.

They are good people, but they don't suffer fools.

6. gburkett

gburkett Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Glenn Burkett
    Yes, all under the same ownership and basically good people to deal with. San Antonio as well. They move more cars than you think between the 3 locations.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I have bought a couple of cars from them. They have been very good to deal with from a sales standpoint. Have dealt with Ryan and Paul. They seem to sell their cars a reasonable prices and I have always received a fair trade. They only sell good examples. The rest they move on.

RyanFoH and Texas Forever like this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  9. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    I have purchased over 10 cars from FoH. They are the best. They sell quality cars, majority are CPOs, at fair prices. Parts and service are top notch as well. I will go there on Saturdays to just hang out. All great guys.

vraa, RyanFoH, StregaP and 1 other person like this.
  10. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    That’s no longer the case. Austin and San Antonio have the same owner. Houston has a different owner. They are no longer associated with each other.
    Houston has an impressive service and restoration department.
    I recently dealt with both back to back in sales in September. The Austin staff is great but I had a misunderstanding with one of the sales staff on the day when I went to take delivery of the car I had picked. This upset me and led me to Houston. Things in Houston got worse. Without going into details I’m pretty sure i would not consider buying anything from them anytime in the future. This led me to buy my car over the phone from Ferrari of Las Vegas!
    Not saying they are bad. Only that my experience was bad at Houston.

one4torque and RyanFoH like this.
  11. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    No issues with Houston. Awaiting my 812 from there. Great car guys too, well versed in more than just Ferraris from tracking E30s to GT3/4s.

12. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    What was the reason for this?

13. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I have not done sales at FoH but I did service and Andy is AWESOME.

TR007 and Texas Forever like this.
  14. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    San Antonio store and Houston store are different owners. They partnered up and opened up Austin store. San Antonio store owner eventually bought out Houston owner’s interest in Austin store.
    That’s my understanding.

15. INNOVA8

INNOVA8 Rookie

Jun 15, 2021
    Hi There,

I just had the annual service on F12 done there. They did a good job and did right by me so I’d say go for it. Scott their service manager is a good guy and highly experienced. Tony their GM is also a nice man and helped me when I had questions. Location of the dealership though could have been in a better spot.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. INNOVA8

INNOVA8 Rookie

Jun 15, 2021
    Spoke too soon. I found out from another dealer that at particular intervals if required spark plugs are also included as part of the 7 yr maintenance plan. When I pointed this out I got a rude email from the service manager Michael. Stay away from these guys for your service needs. There are many better dealerships in Texas. Absolutely no clue about customer service!

RyanFoH likes this.
  17. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I have had poor service from FoH in general and Micheal in particular. I left the Ferrari brand due to my experience.

RyanFoH likes this.
  18. drdfog

drdfog Rookie

Jun 21, 2014
    North Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Chuck Lanham
    I purchased my very first Ferrari from Craig at Ferrari of The Woodlands last year in August. This is under the same ownership as Houston. I felt that Craig was very fair and treated me well. I cannot speak about their service department as I live in Fort Worth, therefore I visit the Boardwalk in Plano.

RyanFoH likes this.
  19. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have been using Andy Anderson in the service department and am happy with his service. The F12 spark plug change is at 37,500 miles if I remember correctly, is your car above that mileage and still under the 7 year maintenance plan?

20. INNOVA8

INNOVA8 Rookie

Jun 15, 2021
    My vehicle has less than 10K miles. They recommended changing the spark plugs citing they were 6 yrs old? I don't know about paying for their learning curve. Clearly Michael is the cause of this bad experience. Interestingly, the owners/managers don't seem to take any steps to improve customer experience. I'll never recoomend anyone to go there.

21. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    I've gone to FoH for 17 years. I couldn't be happier. I've also used FoSA for their COTA track days and am equally pleased with them. I've also had great service at Momentum Porsche, which I've also heard other people complaining about them.

22. INNOVA8

INNOVA8 Rookie

Jun 15, 2021
    What you said about Momentum was indeed that way as well, till Sonic Automotive took over, and things have been way better.

I wouldn’t say that is the case with FOH. They’re as bad as they come, arrogant, and just plain rude. Besides who would want to buy from a poorly staffed dealership? No way I’d give them any of my business. They don’t have a proper storage area either. All the service vehicles are sitting outside, open to the elements not to mention in a bad location of the city.

Many independent dealers have better lots than FOH. Their new service trailer is really the crowning glory!

Nah….I’ll go elsewhere.

23. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    FoH and Ferrari of Woodlands are common ownership..

FoH made the huge investment (with the 360 design) to build a Certified Body Shop and a huge cost..
    So the paint work there is beyond excellent..

Others here are giving good guidance but FoH is one of the older franchises in America if you go back to the days of Sid Simpson (RIP)
    Mr. Risi supports all of Franco's events here and in Louisiana, a great guy, and of course the LeMans GT3 team is upstairs.

StregaP likes this.
  24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well if you START at the top of this thread, the question was because of a car in inventory....

I guess if they will move it to an independent you like, you could buy it...:D :D :D

25. INNOVA8

INNOVA8 Rookie

Jun 15, 2021
    I'm sure many have bought vehcicles at other dealerships and FOH can surely find ways to improve or be irrelevant. I'm very happy with my F12, These guys at FOH are an industry joke. No one I have spoken to has had a positiove thing to say about them either. Just read the previous posts. Also I have email from FNA that say I can take my vehicle to a diffrent dealer so thats very telling of FOH and their reputation, even at Ferrari. Bottom line go elsehwere - buy, service or for anything Ferrari

RyanFoH likes this.