Ferrari of San Antonio sold me a damaged CPO car, lied to me, refuses to make it right. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari of San Antonio sold me a damaged CPO car, lied to me, refuses to make it right.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dgoldenz94, Sep 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    No, who Marcel is siding with is the educated buyer.

MisterMaranello and IloveGT like this.
  2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    CPO programs are solely for the authorized dealer to be competitive to the less expensive independent dealers, by allowing you to buy a warranty in exchange for paying more for the car.

Anybody who puts more value into it than that is drinking a full glass of Kool Aid

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yes , so am I, but he is only dismissing the value of cpo and care and pride Ferrari should have in its CPO inventory. Simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Again, Ferrari's own literature would disagree with you on that.

bjwhite and David_S like this.
  5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I am neither siding with the dealer nor the buyer. I don't know them nor do I know the car in question.
    All I ask for is to be more realistic. OP got his 100 Grand back, and 3 weeks of using an old abused FF cost him a lousy 1'500.
    And all that without doing proper homework first and zero due diligence (personal inspection).
    I've said before: Please be responsible for your own action and decisions in life. YOU (as a buyer), and ONLY YOU are responsible, nobody else is. It's so easy nowadays to blame others, especially on social media.
    And we haven't even heard the other side.

Marcel Massini

6. dgoldenz94

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    I sure would love for Philip or Grenville to post their side of the story. That would be a real treat.

bjwhite, vraa and Marco308 like this.
  7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Again, stop believing blindly all the marketing stuff and promotion that we are swamped with 24/7, in our entire world (not just with Ferrari!).
    Never be naive.

Marcel Massini

8. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    This. I learned the hard way as well.

ChipG, paulchua, vraa and 2 others like this.
  9. dgoldenz94

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Sorry, but to me CPO standards are not "marketing fluff" - they are a requirement for the car to pass certification. If their standards are so low that this qualifies as acceptable, that is a real shame for a brand that claims to be the best of the best.

Nuvolari, bjwhite, Marco308 and 2 others like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I still feel for u!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    You know Theranos had great brochures.....

That Ferrari place must have great Kool Aid....

vraa and IloveGT like this.
  12. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    And for a sec the girl (E.H.) that ran Theranos looked "ok"..........

Marcel Massini

Lanikai likes this.
  13. dgoldenz94

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Odd comparison, one has nothing to do with the other. So you think it is acceptable for Ferrari to sell a car in this condition as certified? Why should an "elite" level of car manufacturer not stand behind their products as they promise to do?

vraa likes this.
  14. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I think she was quite attractive, the voice thing was really bizarre.

15. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I don’t know their standards, and neither do you....what you needed to do was perform due diligence to evaluate the car, but all you did was ask for another glass.

paulchua likes this.
  16. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    That's what I am saying.
    Very Hollywood.
    All facade.
    Like CPO.

Marcel Massini

17. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    LOL, I can’t like this enough.....you sir are a forum treasure.

vraa likes this.
  18. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    While I agree that a buyer should do their due diligence, there is a professional responsibility on the part of a dealer to answer questions honestly and to properly represent a car they are selling. In addition the manufacturer (Ferrari) advertises and promotes a CPO program that does not adhere to the standards it champions.

I think a better way of looking at this thread is the revelation of the following information:

1. Ferrari of San Antonio cannot be trusted to represent a car accurately to a remote buyer. They do not fall under those companies that act with integrity and transparency so if you buy a car from them be sure to see it in person and do your own due diligence because you can't rely on what they tell you. It is an unfortunate reality of choosing to do business with them.

2. The Ferrari CPO program as a whole is a joke and it is not to be trusted as any true metric of quality or condition of a used Ferrari.

While I am sure the OP has learned his own lesson, I have learned the aforementioned two that would help me in the future of either buying a car from San Antonio (highly unlikely given where I live) or a Ferrari CPO certified car (more likely as the program applies to many people here regardless of where they are).

PappyDewBoston, bjwhite, vraa and 5 others like this.
  19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I improved the accuracy of your statement......

You’re welcome CPO buyers everywhere

20. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Wow, this is WAY more fun than working....

ScottS and vraa like this.
  21. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    There are some good ones out there but your point is well made.

I personally had no idea the CPO program was as poor as it was. I wrongly thought it was maybe not perfect but not the kind of thing the shown FF could have ever passed.

22. 5859

5859 Rookie

Apr 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Hess
    The more I read about Ferraris and newer car owners on here I realize that is the same as any other brand. I once asked about what options I should get on my 458 and I got a ton of "do what you want" and "you're a fool for thinking resale..." when I was just trying to get the best options that most agree on to make it the best car possible for me, just like I would ask what options I should get on my Duramax chevy that would be best for towing and comfort.
    I mostly buy classic cars and there's all kinds of opinions for that, but the newer stuff is obviously just like any other car brand. Shady dealers that take advantage of uneducated or trusting buyers.
    Yes, the buyer shoulda done his homework but the dealer shoulda been honest from the get. all yall taking the dealers side and calling the OP foolish are part of the problem, it's the reason they keep getting away with questionable sales. The OPs intention is to warn the other not too savvy buyers of this Dealership that will not go above the stereotypical "used car salesmen" image that they should have, even if its a Ferrari Dealer.
    Everything looks great in pics, specially when the price is right. COVID, Vacations, Work or just my Daily Life is worth more than spending a day or 2 in San Anton looking at a used car for $100K, so, I would either make the best educated decision like the OP did, or now that I've read this, I'd send someone to put eyes on it. if you are afraid to spend money, you shouldn't be buying non essential cars and clowning others for having made a trusting mistake. $100K is alot of money but obviously not enough that would break the OP so he made a decision a lot of us would have made based on the info that was given by the Stealer...
    Dealers are there to provide a service, not to get over on you because you're too naive or trusting. Its not their job to educate you but they should send pics of damage or questionable areas, specially on a long distance purchase.
    And Im not speaking from a buyers perspective only, I've SOLD lots of $100K plus cars, to people that never came to look at them, and not once have I had to refund money or the full amount, they're super happy with them because they got exactly what was described, its not rocket science, honesty is honesty and the SA dealer could have been honest with the OP and would have gained him as a lifetime customer, plus all the referrals he woulda made later.
    OP, the $1500 is what you woulda spent on flights and hotel and a PPI so you actually did OK, and thanks for the warning and reminder to not blindly trust ANY dealer no matter the name on the building and specifically this SA Ferrari Dealer

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I got a car I'd love to sell you. :cool:

tbuff and anunakki like this.
  24. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I agree with you. But that doesn't excuse the dealer from making full disclosures.

25. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    A dealer selling a consignment car is one thing, but to me the CPO should have made a difference in the confidence to buy from a Ferrari Dealer. You would expect to pay more from a dealer, but an honest appraisal of the car should have been done. It wasn't. Sorry for your hassle.

Dealers like this usually have some bad reviews/ track record that isn't that hard to find.

We are lucky in the Dallas area to have a quality dealer with Boardwalk Ferrari that also supports the brand with events and rallys. I would not hesitate to buy a car that safe4now Steve has given his blessing to.

HardTen, bjwhite, vraa and 6 others like this.