News

Ferrari on cover of Playboy in 1978

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by HighCountry, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Richard Carpenter still has the red daytona. when i was 14-15 yrs old my dad was driving and Richard drove past followed by a black daytona spyder. it was evening and what a sight to see in our little suburb. Richard lived in a normal neighborhood of Downey Calif. not many ferraris in that area.

2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie

May 26, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I've still got the album, it blew my mind when I realized what the car was!

3. TTR

TTR Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Not the same car he bought new.
    IIRC, the one currently in the collection was acquired in the '90s (to replace the original one he regretted selling some years earlier) and I was commissioned to do a fairly extensive cosmetic restoration* on it about 15 years ago.
    At that time it had about 12K miles on it and was already (before my commission) much nicer than most.
    Last time I saw it (few months ago), it still had less than 13K and looked like it was just freshly done.

* I received a signed album (cover) acknowledging the effort. :)

4. donv

donv F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I hate to break it to you, but you need to be a lot older than 35 or 40 to remember the Carpenters (if that's the answer). I'm 52, and I don't really remember them!

5. TTR

TTR Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #30 TTR, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Well, I'm slightly older and while I was never "into" their music, I was told one of their songs (referenced on earlier post) has been for decades probably the second most requested* at (American ?) weddings, so wouldn't be surprising if younger generations are at least somewhat aware of them.

* Think copyright endorsements.