Ferrari Only Concours d’Elagance - The Future | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Only Concours d’Elagance - The Future

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Rossocorsa1, Jan 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

It is a trade show in the sense that a lot of dealers were on the field with customer cars but no doubt were conducting business at the same time. Curated, DK, Girardo, Copley, GT were but just a few i saw. I personally dont see a problem with that at all since most of the time these dealers are genuinely passionate about Ferraris and cars overall.

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    i live in Hershey, it’s pretty much the same thing here now, the new transplants complain no matter how much money it brings into the community. At one time many of the residents of Hershey had something “special” in garages around the area. Used to see Packards, Pierce Arrows an occasional Duesenberg running around the area. That was when a couple hundred thousand people took over the area between Fall Carlisle and AACA Fall meet.

3. Deejrc

Deejrc Rookie

May 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    D J RC
    Italiancars…after 36 pages of the original thread and now 6 pages of this one, at last someone gets the answer.
    The answer is, was and (frankly) always will be: Goodwood. Everywhere else - in the world - just isn’t. Even Luca and Ron don’t/didn’t **** with Charlie.

The obvious immediate fly though is: why haven’t they done it already? I have no idea. For whatever reason though, with the (potential) implosion of the CC event a market opportunity does open up. The best cars in the world are already at one or more of the Members Meeting, FoS, Revival, so adding a Concours on top wouldn’t be a huge problem.

OR, somebody try and make a case to Charlie March to expand Goodwood into the States. Do a “Goodwood” event over there and build it around a Concours event. Daytona makes an immediate connection. EVERYBODY will submit a vehicle and want to be there and it gives those of us other here an excuse to come and see you lot, in some sunshine :) Hands up everybody at Members Meeting in the bloody snow…

Anyway, the answer IS Goodwood. Now somebody go and make it happen.

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #154 Nembo1777, Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    Yes that is an idea I have envisioned many times not that I would want a role but Daytona is an absolute dump of a town, ugly, nothing to do, nothing of quality.

If you want to do an American Goodwood Festival with Major proper concours it should be in Massachusetts where the great American mansions are. In 1981 during my first trip to the US, at 17 I was in Connecticut for a month but was invited by the Crane family for a weekend. Winthrop Crane of the Crane paper company -who supply the paper for US Dollars since the 19th century- had befriended my uncle during WWII as he was head officer of US troops occupying our family home in Burgundy, the friendship endured so that summer they invited me over for a weekend. He and his wife were elderly by then but took me everywhere including to a classical music outdoor concert in the famous Tanglewood venue where everybody was dressed up. I was amazed at the huge historic mansions of their friends we visited, just like in Europe and England, complete with peacocks in the park, American aristocracy, the contrary of nouveau riche Mcmansions. The manor house I stayed in with them was smaller than this one in the photo below which is called the Crane estate. It is a beautiful area of gentle hills ,meadows, estates and forests, perfect to recreate an American Goodwood.
    There are for sure properties like this one that can be rented for weddings and events which would consider hosting a concours. I realize something similar is already in existence in Newport Rhode Island with the Audrain Concours but this could be much more than a concours as some of these estates do have long driveways as Goodwood uses for car demos during the Festival. A touring rally would work perfectly with great roads there and with concours point deductions for the cars that do not do it it would ensure they are driven, not concours lawn ornaments.

Maybe Lord March could be convinced...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    The Biltmore in Asheville is cool.

SCFerrari and Nembo1777 like this.