Ferrari owners and supporters F1 appreciation thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari owners and supporters F1 appreciation thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Nov 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    another one

daytona355 likes this.
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    and another

daytona355 likes this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I laugh my ass off when i see this...and the fact that Hill wa schampion make sit even more ridiculous!!

daytona355 likes this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    take a look at this move from jean on Michael and some other dude...

daytona355 likes this.
  6. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Who was the best ferrari driver ever? Michael.
    Who was worst? I don't care.
    Which race was your favorite ever? Don't remember.
    What car represents the best F1 Ferrari produced? The newest.
    What car should we all try to forget? The newest.
    Hold old were you when you first fell under the spell of the red cars of Maranello? 13 or 14...walking past Ernie macAffee's and Carroll Shelby's small shop on Sunset Blvd. It was a 250 Testarossa.

Tell us all your Ferrari stories, why you chose to love the marque, what brought you under it’s spell and why even losing doesn’t shake you out of it! My favorites are the Ferraris from the 1950s...simple, elegant, beautiful. When I finally bought a Ferrari it was a twelve year old 1980 308 GTSi. I wanted a GTB, but I found this one with 88k miles on it and at a price that fit my wallet. Ran flawlessly, was a great daily driver, loved shifting the gears, was impressed with the build quality, I'll never forget when a parking lot attendant actually saluted me. Black with red leather interior. Only mechanical failure was the original clutch cable. Happened at 5 pm on a Friday. I was back on the road by noon Saturday. If I had to chose between all that cars that have passed through my life, that is probably the one I really want back.

sammysaber and daytona355 like this.
  7. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    There may have been others, but Brazil 1991 was the famous one, where he won and had to be treated for exhaustion after driving the car solely with 6th gear...

daytona355 likes this.
  8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Thank you, I had a total mental block on that!

9. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Benetton did have a form of LEGAL traction control in 1994. Here is an article by (then) Benetton aerodynamicist Willem Toet explaining how it was done: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-rotational-inertia-led-traction-control-willem-toet/

A separate article on Schumacher's drive in the 1994 Spanish Grand Prix: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/1994-barcelona-amazing-schumacher-drive-background-willem-toet/

sammysaber likes this.
  10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    A legal faux traction control, but not an illegal traction control... now that I can get on board with. Bit like drilling holes in the wheel rims then?

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I miss testing, because you could travel down to Maranello, park on the side of the road overlooking Fiorano, and watch the cars pounding around. The sound of the V12 and V10 race engines never got annoying. I didn’t wear earplugs back then, but I sure would now with the hairdryer motors we have now. Such a shame fiorano gets left out of so much of the f1 prep work

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

13. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Yeah, but no pit stop whilst stuck in 6th and only solely 6th for the last couple of laps.

We need more unreliability in F1; these days the only problem the drivers have to manage is the delicate tyres, and they almost all finish if they can just keep it on the island.

14. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Best schumi word leader vettel/alonso... best of this generation Hamilton

15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Thread ban ATBNM3

Stay on topic here, or expect a thread ban.

D

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ok, I'll bite:

Who was the best ferrari driver ever?
    MS. I don't like the guy but you can't argue with his results nor his dedication and for bringing Ferrari back from a 21 years drought.

Who was worst?
    Most likely one of the many nameless Italians. Larini and BADoer come to mind.

Which race was your favorite ever?
    Hockenheim 1999, Salo handing the win to Irvine.

What car represents the best F1 Ferrari produced?
    126 C2

What car should we all try to forget?
    312 T5, what a difference one year makes. F1 never stands still. Ferrari did and it cost them dearly: From dominance to also-run.

How old old were you when you first fell under the spell of the red cars of Maranello?
    red cars as in street cars: about 22
    red cars as in F1: around 35, they sucked for a long time until MS/Irvine came along, then it got interesting again

daytona355 likes this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’ve got a thought, what about somehow we put together an Fchatters visit to the factory next year, get a few dates where a group of us could make it, synchronise our diaries, and get to put some faces to names/reputations and go get slaughtered in a few bars of Maranello of an evening? We could do a couple days and take in the Galleria and a few other places, Fiorano. I could get it promoted by a dealers here in the UK easily. How about it guys? Anyone think they’d be able to commit to going?, and if so, what months would be best for those interested?

Makuono likes this.
  18. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    Who was the best ferrari driver ever? - Lauda, took two titles for Ferrari and nearly gave his life. Came back and took another with McLaren.
    Who was worst? - It's too easy to say Badoer. While he was a test driver he did zillions of miles, great. But by the time he was in a Ferrari in a race, testing had been massively curtailed and he didn't have as much recent experience. I hate to say it, but I have to go for Gianni Morbidelli
    Which race was your favorite ever? - I have to say Brazil 89. The 640 was one of the most beautiful cars ever, then 'Il Leone' manages to win in it on his and it's debut with the, at that point, new and massivly unreliable semi automatic. It was so bad that Mansell had booked an early flight home ;knowing' it was going to break down in the race.
    What car represents the best F1 Ferrari produced? - I hate to say it, but the F2002 as it was so dominant. The reason I hate to say it is I have never liked Schumacher.
    What car should we all try to forget? This is tough. The 312 series of cars were amazing, but there was some duds too. The 312 T5 was pretty bad and the 162C was dubbed 'the mobile chicane' by other drivers as, although powerful, it was a crappy chassis. YEs it won, but that was down to turbo power, not the chassis
    Hold old were you when you first fell under the spell of the red cars of Maranello? I'll let you know when it happens. I'm not a blind fan boy for any make or team. The closest I'll come is McLaren as my father worked for Bruce in the mid 60's when they were still in Feltham, but I'm not blind to their issues either.

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What I always wanted to find was someone to make me the yellow Scuderia tiles that Enzo had in his office at Fiorano.... I suspect most people find them gaudy, but I want to do a wall in my pool room in them, to go with the drawings and photos I’ve got there. If anyone knows someone able to supply, let me know

20. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Charles has performed that maneuver a couple times this yr w/Sauber. Hopefully out of his system now heading into Ferrari.

21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes it was, unfortunatly the "right" guy lost! :)

23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hey, steady now Pedro!!!!! Hehehe

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission