Ferrari Owners in Perth | FerrariChat

Ferrari Owners in Perth

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Jim Riggs, Apr 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004
    G'day mates-
    I plan to be in Perth for most of June and being a new F-car owner (348 SS) was hoping to meet some Aussie F-car enthusiasts while down under. Cheers, Jim

2. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Whre are you coming from Jim?
    And whta is a 348SS?
    Happy to see you
    John

3. Strasse

Strasse Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Heya Jim, nice to meet you.

I've been living in Perth for half a decade now, it's a great place. I hope you'll love it here and have a good month down under. The Ferrari community here is awesome. They're very friendly and kind, even to drooling non-owners such as me ;)

The 348 SS, unless I am mistaken, is the Serie Speciale. Only 100 were made and boast some nice additions over the standard models. More info here: http://www.qv500.com/ferrari348p2.htm

All the best,
    Phil

4. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004
    #4 Jim Riggs, Apr 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Guy-
    Thanks for the replies. I live in Lubbock, Texas (home of Buddie Holley) and teach engineering at Texas Tech University, but I have been visiting Oz since 1995. We spent 5 months visiting UQ in Brisbane in 1995 and managed to attend conferences all over as an excuse to get back down under. In 2001 we visited Curtin University and we fell in love with Perth. My sons went to High School at Como and still have friends that they stay in touch with. We are cashing in our frequent flyer account for the family to visit Perth for most of June. I am looking forward to enjoying the great assortment of restaurants and golf courses that Perth has to offer.
    My F-car is a 348 Series Speciale (#90/100). It is great to learn that the Ferrari community in Perth is cool.
    Cheers, Jim

PS This isn't my 348, but it is the only picture that I have on this computer.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004
    #5 Jim Riggs, May 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    i lived in perth for a while, haven't been back for a couple years, but if yer looking for a steak, go to Fibber McGee's in Leederville. OH MY GOD THEY RULE. best steaks i've EVER had, and i eat a lotta steak. ooooooaaah, garlic mash, perfectly cooked rare sirloin (charred outside, juicy inside, hold the knife near it and it falls apart) with a brown onion gravy and bacon. primed up and washed down with pints of kilkenny or guinness. pure heaven.

haven't found anything that can set a new benchmark yet, one look at my ever expanding mid-line and you'll see i've done the research though.

oh, sweet wheels too. :)

7. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    erm, what side is the steering wheel on in your F348SS?

8. Strasse

Strasse Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Jim, your 348SS looks absolutely divine :) Thanks for the pictures. Your neck of the woods looks lovely too. Beautiful place.

For restourants in and around Perth, there is a couple of nice Italian ones that I could recommend, it depends what kind of cuisine you are into. Couple of good Indian restourants here too. I haven't been to Fibber Mcgees, but I will definetly be paying a visit now. :)