Ferrari owners invited to a 3 day sports car event in Southwestern Michigan | FerrariChat

Ferrari owners invited to a 3 day sports car event in Southwestern Michigan

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by s2000brian, Apr 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s2000brian

s2000brian Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    Cincinnati/Douglas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Hello, I have lurked these forums for awhile, but I just recently registered. The reason I am posting is because I am organizing an event called the Fresh Water Tour. This is a 3 day event taking place in 3 cities in Southwestern Michigan and Northern Indiana on June 4,5,6. This event is being put on by S2000 owners, so we will undoubtedly make up the majority of the cars there, but we are expecting NSX's, Elises, 911's, and other sports cars to attend. It seems like Ferrari's always seem to show up at S2000 events for some reason, so this time I decided to extend a formal invitation to your community. This is a major event and may become the largest gathering of S2000's in the world. We are shooting for somewhere between 100 and 200 cars. We already have major sponsors like Bridgestone, the Tire Rack, and SpeedTV, and sponsorships with American Honda, Comptech, and possibly BBS are pending. SpeedTV is planning on filming a half hour episode entirely about our event, and they would love to see Ferrari's there. I'm sure if any Ferrari owners attended, their cars would be featured on the program. If you are interested in the event, here is a link to our forum over at s2000 International:
    http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=121

Feel free to browse the forum. We have tried consolodating repetitive threads and making information easier to find, but if you have any problems, don't hesitate to send me a PM or an email.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Welcome to FChat and thanks for your invitation. Sounds very interesting, but I'm not sure you'll be getting too much participants:

- June 6th is a super Ferrari event in Chicago: Ferraris on Oak Street hosted by the Ferrari Club of America, a real jewel in the event calendar

- The Ferrari Owners Club is planning on a similar drive as you guys do in July, which will be their prime event this year.

At any rate I wish you guys success and if somebody from here joins your group, by all means post pictures please!

3. s2000brian

s2000brian Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    Cincinnati/Douglas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Hello. That's fine- It is a prime weekend, so I figured you guys might have some events already planned. If there is anyone who is not planning on attending that particular event and wishes to join us, you are more than welcome. Like I said, I just wanted to toss out the invitation.

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Hey Brian, welcome to FChat, and thanks for the invite! Sounds like a pretty cool event--my wife is from St. Joe's MI, so I'm (unfortunately ;) )a little too familiar with the area. Not sure what my plans are yet, but if I can make it I will.

5. s2000brian

s2000brian Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    Cincinnati/Douglas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    That's great- just let me know whenever you decide. I dont know if you read through the itinerary, but we will be spending a day in St. Joe's. The city is going to shut down at least one street for us downtown and we are going to have a barbecue by the beach.