Ferrari parking @ Concorso Italiano | FerrariChat

Ferrari parking @ Concorso Italiano

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by JOHN328, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JOHN328

JOHN328 Karting

Jan 2, 2003
    SAN FRANCISCO BAY AR
    Full Name:
    JOHN STRIEGEL
    I am not showing my car, but I don't want to park my Ferrari in some dust bowl. Or should leave my Fcar home, do Ferrari owners/Ferrari Club Members get any special parking for this event ??

2. Exotic_Car_Guy

Exotic_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 2, 2003
    California, Carmel
    Full Name:
    Gil Lucero
    No, there is no special parking provided for non entrants (regardless of marque or club affiliation). Why wouldn't you just enter your car? You don't have to have it judged (in fact unless you have a Dino, this year no other Ferraris will be judged at C.I.). By entering you have the best parking place possible, and your entrance fee is covered.
    Gil

3. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    I agree with Gil. Be an exhibitor and park your Ferrari right in the middle of the action. In addition, in past years, CI has had corrals for non-Italian marques like Porsche, BMW, Viper etc. They also have a Ferrari Corral for those who for whatever reason don't want to exhibit their car. I've been exhibiting for the past 2 years and it's a lot of fun. You get to meet a lot of people, and the parking is quite secure too.
    Norm

4. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    Amen....CI is quite low key. I have seen a fair number of drivers displayed on the field, and that is one of the reasons I come year after year. Mondial 8s mix in with SWBs. I normally come with the kid support vehicle, but it usually gets left at the hotel come show day.
    The new venue should be better this year. It looks like the organizers will address the insufficient input and output facilities (more food vendors and toilets), as well as address the traffic (it cannot be worse than last year's Hillsborough, where I was idling for 50 minutes in one spot...)

thx
    luke

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    False. See below...

My answer: My car cannot win anything... and I don't want to be stuck there until 4:30pm. I figure I'll have seen everything by early afternoon... and I want to have time to drive out into the wine country, drive along the coastlines, and drive up into the high country of California!!

So, instead of enter my Ferrari in the Concorso, I instead entered it in the Ferrari Corral. That also gets you preferred parking (near the event rather than in the event), but with relaxed hours for coming and going. You'll be among a bunch of Ferraris... and as such, part of the overall show. Your entry into the corral does get you entry into the event, with program, plus a goodie bag, and tickets for the corral hospitality suite. Its a great deal.

All the info and the registration form is on their website: concorso.com.

6. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Brian is correct. If you enter your car, you have to be there by 9am and you will be stuck there until 4:30pm(then you will have to deal with traffic going out).

The corral is not bad at all (I was there in '01). There's no time restriction. You can arrive late & depart early.

7. Exotic_Car_Guy

Exotic_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 2, 2003
    California, Carmel
    Full Name:
    Gil Lucero
    I learned something. I was not aware of a Ferrari corral separate from the CI Exhibitors. Sounds like a good deal for those that don't want to spend the whole day.
    Gil

8. Zigno

Zigno Karting

There is a difference in price however. Could be wrong but I believe to exibit your car is $50 for everything and to corral it is at least $100 with a price break for older cars.

9. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Brian,

I disagree. I was at CI last year and saw many people who entered as an exhibitor (No judging)...including myself and left many hours before the 4:30 p.m.

I was parked next to Norman and I saw him leave between 1-2 p.m. (Sorry to rat you out norm)

I saw the corral area that you guys are talking about that ia basically a designated parking lot... it is just that that..a parking lot that is used as a driving range next to the events area. I think More Ferrari coverage is given on the greens with access to leave before the close of the event.

Brian, I don't know if you have been to this part of California before but I wouldn't plan on going to CI, a coastal drive, and drives through the wine country all on a Friday. With traffic on a Friday in Monterey and anywhere near highway 1, 101, 17 or 880 good luck to go anywhere within 100 miles of Monterey.

Mario

10. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Mario,
    Rats! Ratted out. Actually you're wrong. I didn't leave at 1-2. I think I left at 12! :) The organisers request that exhibitors not leave early so as to maintain the integrity of the event. But, they don't stop you from leaving. I'll probably stay the entire event this year. Are you going with that lovely spider, Mario?
    Norm

11. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head
    ok, ok I'll come clean. I left around 3p and no one gave me a hard time not even knowing my reason for exiting.....but really I had a good excuse. The only trouble was that people kept wanting me to stop so they could snap a picture of the car....that and I had to plow through all those people in line to catch the bus to the parking area. Like Norm I'm planning on staying the whole time this year.

12. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Interesting... I was just going off what is asked of the exhibitors... not what you might be able to get away with. However, given the exhibitors were leaving 1-3, I'll *definitely* want to be taking off 1'ish or so! And since I'm not willing to risk being "stuck" or willing to openly and intentionally violate such rules, the corral is for me.

Oh, I didn't mean I'd do all that on Friday... I want to do all that while I am here... one thing on Thurs afternoon following lunch in Carmel, one thing on Friday afternoon following the Concorso, one maybe on Saturday afternoon following a morning at the Historics, one thing on Sunday afternoon following Pebble Beach, and one thing on Tuesday following the FCA concorso. I doubt I'll have time for much after the track days on Monday, Weds, and Thurs.

Any advice on what 5 portions of the California countryside I should give priority to would be very welcome???

And any advice on which things would be best on which days, given the traffic issues???

When's the best time to do a coastal trek???

13. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    So who here is going to CORRAL and who is going to EXHIBIT? I am undecided which is better. Are both safe parking? I may want to leave around 3 or so. I believe the registration price goes up after May 31.

14. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Still trying to decide whether to go at all myself. If not for the FCA Meet and Ferrari theme this year, there is no way I would be thinking of going. Last year's CI was a nightmare. Traffic was horrible. I fried my ignition wires idling. The FCA was boycotting. The food sucked. The idiots directing us where to park crammed all of the Ferraris on one fairway, when two had been set aside for us. It looked like a parking lot South of Market. Management has promised to fix all of this and more. We will see. I left early last year and didn't get any grief. I think they were too busy with bigger problems than cars leaving early. I had no trouble pulling out, as many cars had already left, leaving me plenty of room to maneuver. The corral is a carshow unto itself. They let interesting non-Italian cars park there for $50 and even a few Italian cars park there to avoid the constraints of being an exhibitor. You can come and go, subject to traffic, as you please. This year, only Dinos can be judged at CI, due to the FCA meet the following week.

15. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    I love to be in the Italian stable but my (2) boys are coming with me so the M3 gets to show off (life is good when you can share your passion with your kids).

I will be in the German Corral (BMW). The corral should be much safer than the general parking area.

16. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I've done both Corral and Exhibitor green. And yes, they are both safe. Most people are there to admire the cars and not to vandalize them. Don't worry! I am exhibiting this year and hoping I can get in early enough to park with other 360s.

17. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Make sure you decide quick... prices go up 20-30% after May 31!!

18. ART360

ART360 Guest

Anyone have details? What do I need to do to get into the parking?

Art

19. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    You can register online at http://www.concorso.com. When you register they send you a badge/card, which you hang from your mirror. Once there, they will usher you to the correct place depending on your registration card.