Ferrari Passion... | FerrariChat

Ferrari Passion...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by alx355gt, Apr 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

You can appreciate a Ferrari much more if you're passionated about the car

1. Correct

2. Not correct

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    I think you can appreciate a Ferrari much more if you're passionated about the car. And you can only consider yourself a truly passionated Ferrari owner, lover or enthousiatic if you know at least a little bit about the history of the cars, the man, the racing heritage... and not only knowing "they're from Italy and they're fast" duh... In other words, if you see it as "just another fast sportscar" you can't appreciate a Ferrari in the same way as a passionated person and you don't understand the Ferrari-feeling or passion...
    Correct or incorrect?

Of course, I guess most people on this site are passionated... That's why we're here, no? To share info or learn about the cars.

note; if this question was asked before, redirect me to it please, I couldn't find it...

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Yes, and I also agree with Alex.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I love my car! (#4) I drive it for myself and I drive it alot! I love to talk about it! I let others appreciate it as much as common sense allows. I think MS is a great racecar driver but it is the Ferrari that I cheer and root for.

That said...I think there is another passion to consider. The negative passion the car evokes in others. Like it or not, having a Ferrari changes the perception of others around you (whether they know you or not).

They hate! They are envious! They want to run you off the road! They cheer from their cars when you are getting a ticket at the side of the road! They see you park then change the price of your haircut!

When a long time friend looks at your first Ferrari and says F-YOU and means it. You really have to wonder...about them.

People scoff and say things like, "Oh Great, another one. Don't you care about your family?" Or, "Why didn't you buy another house instead?" Who the "F" are they to ask me that? Hey, I can look my wife and son in the eye and that is all that matters to me! The point is, they have this attitude like it is not OK to have it (most likely because they can't for whatever reason).

If you could take a poll (outside of here) Unfortunately, I think there would be more negative passion from others than positive passion from owners.

There's my rant!

DL

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i certainly have lots more appreciation for Ferrari, the racing history and the heritage after learning more about it... i used to think they were just "fast, Italian cars", but i continue learning and experiencing more and more about them... It's all so intense and the more i learn and find out, the more i want to learn and the more i want to find out...

Seeing that 250 GTO yesterday was crazy... i never thought i'd see one, let alone at a local dealership...! It looked completely different from pictures i'd seen of other GTOs... They're smaller than i thought, but so much more voluptuous... The curves are so much more pronounced in person than they are in pictures...

Riding in, driving and seeing these cars has certainly impacted me and changed my life... i love cars, Ferraris especially. i always will. i mean, i love other stuff, too... i just don't have the passion for anything like i have for Ferrari.

So, yes, i agree with your statement, Alex... :)

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I've always felt that you couldn't really, really appreciate a F unless you've had gear oil in your ear hole ;) (just a DIY joke...)