Ferrari poster collectors: how do you keep them | FerrariChat

Ferrari poster collectors: how do you keep them

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Ferrari27, Jun 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    I know that there are collectors on here who have official Ferrari posters and I wonder how you keep them?

Mine are currently rolled up in a cardboard tube and I hate this. Each time they come out I wonder what damage I am doing to them.

I want to see them but I am clearly not going to stick them on the wall with pins or blu-tack (does the rest of the world even know what this is?).

The posters are bigger than A1 which is the largest size that I can buy an artist's folio. I have been told that a poster sized folio is available but no one has been able to supply one of these yet. An online search reveals a cardboard box that is apparently the correct size to store and transport posters but I would like something more appropriate to store mine so that they are flat and not rolled up in a tube in a cupboard.

There must be a way to store them and be able to access them or show them more easily then I currently am.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    A friend of mine uses a very large chest of drawers to store his posters. Remain flat, can stack them and relatively easy to pull one out to view and put back.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  3. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Rosey.

Thank you for that suggestion. It would need to be a very large chest of drawers as the official posters are nearly a metre across. I also do not have hundreds of them so would only need a shallow drawer. Perhaps I will find the kind of drawers an architect would keep plans in, or the sort in which sailors keeps navigational charts. I will keep looking.

Robert

Rosey likes this.
  4. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    You can find that sort of cabinet in an art supply and custom frame shop as that is how they store their large papers and poster boards. I've also seen them in art galleries that sell limited edition prints.

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Rosey likes this.
  6. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Thank you. I must have been too specific with my google search as I had not found anything.

7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    On second thought...

While some of these flat file cabinets have been repurposed as coffee tables (very cool idea), I'd be careful about the same for storing valuable posters and documents. Spilling drinks goes hand-in-hand with coffee tables.

Ferrari27 likes this.
  8. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Artists are often schlepping around their portfolios and there are specialty-built cases for that. If you are simply looking for something functional, it may be that one of these cases would meet your needs.

Light Impressions is a source in the USA for those sorts of cases. There will be art supply houses in your area which will have them. Here is an example from Light Impressions:
    http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/transport-shipping-case-32-1-4-x-40-1-4-x-2/transport-cases-portfolios/