" Ferrari Premium" programme | Page 2 | FerrariChat

" Ferrari Premium" programme

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SAFE4NOW, Mar 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I has asked to confirm, but if an OEM part is purchased and installed on a vehicle, it would be reconized. Might have to be confirmed , but why not? ( my question )

Ferrari makes it money in the front end, the back end ( aftersales ) is a value added.

Unlike Audi, MB, Porsche, Ford, Honda, where all the money is made after the sale.. Ferrari is very different in that arena.

I understand your position , thank you for sharing it so openly.

S

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Since you are a Professional Ferrari Technician , would you say that this program could hurt your independent business or help your business?

OTOH if Ferrari recognizes the work you perform using OEM parts and the clients get the Certificate either way, does that help you or hurt you in any way?

Or is this more of an opportunity for you to bash a marketing campaign of your competition ?

S

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    LOL! "Classiche light!" What a joke! Ferrari needs to fire that guy and save the money for F1 so Ferrari doesn't do the classic fail before the end of the destination.

4. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    For this "Classiche light" program, is Ferrari FNA still going to use the chinese 170787 timing cover bearing in the yellow ferrari box with the horses on it or their inferior tensioner bearings?

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I dunno what the budget is today, but generally US Ferrari dealers only sell about 60 some odd cars a year. If you're a standalone dealer like FOH, that's doesn't pay the rent. Even dealers get their clocks cleaned on parts. This leaves service as the money maker. That said, it would help if Ferrari took a bit more of customer attitude.

I'm 360 Canuck and SAFE4NOW like this.
  6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Depending on the Dealership as few as 2 a year and on the other end over 100 , but that 2 new car a year dealership isn't going to make its nut on this program either... LOL

But if you consider that 100 new car a year Dealership also has a 2:1 pre-owned to new ratio going on, sales IS where the money is. At best their service department may only run 1000 hours a month ( Ferrari Only )

For perspective, the local MB Dealership in Dallas runs closer to 18,000+ hours per month and 250 cars a day over their service drive. Hardly personable.

Where we MAY have 10 cars a day with 4 advisors and 9 technicians , a lot of time is spent with the client 1 on 1 , answering questions, taking the time to be shown the client concern, even taking test drives when needed before and after repairs.

When you say Ferrari , I am assuming you mean SpA vs local points? Or both?

S

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Wait Ferrari wouldn't create a silly program just to make money would they, like classiche thats really a beneficial thing right?

8. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Lucky for Ferrari their older cars break down alot and most indy shops have no idea wtf they're doing.

imahorse likes this.
  9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Funny, I could have sworn stockholders expected that of corporate officers they pay to run their company.

If people owned Ferrari they would applaud this. The cars are their hobby so instead they are offended.

Its just another product being offered. Like it? Buy it.

Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Pretty simple really.

Lots of things in the world to be pissed off about, I hardly see this as one of them.

430tdf, HardTen, dflett and 7 others like this.
  10. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    It's like someone above said, some car brands care about the customer and the experience and some only care about money, it shows. Most young people my age drive mclarens and lambos, they all tease me for being the old man with 2 ferraris. Ferrari is too busy giving their cars to collectors to tuck away in collections to never be used while the others are giving their cars to enthusiasts who actually drive them. It's amazing to me that I lived in south beach for 8 years and saw every exotic imaginable and senna's and p1's being driven all the time to cars and coffee, to dinner,etc and the only time i'd see a laferrari or enzo its being flat bedded to a car show bc god forbid someone puts 3 miles on it, ferrari might deny them classiche status if they actually use it.

11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Sounds like you're mad you bought the wrong car.

There is a Lambo and a bunch of gold chains out there for you somewhere.

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Gold chains did you say? Well this is what is parked in the bays at this very momment

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Just as someone who is young and owns ferraris, I really do think Ferrari is in trouble longer term, maybe not today or 5 years from now but longer term. Im 33 and I have an 812 and a 575, both amazing cars, and front engine cars have always attracted me, I traded my SLR for the 812. The younger guys my age are not playing ferraris games to get cars. When I wanted the 812 I was told I could buy a gtc4lusso and not even take delivery, trade it back in, lose $70k for 0 miles and order an 812. I ended up just buying one over sticker elsewhere bc i didn't want to wait 2 years and play ferraris games.

I have a pretty large group of car enthusiast friends in miami and all the young guys are driving porsche,mclaren,lamborghini bc of the games involved with getting a ferrari. The problem with ferrari is they give all the amazing cars to enthusiasts who literally just wash them with a diaper and tuck them in a collection, those older guys will die one day, and while ferrari is busy catering to those guys needs now, the other marques are chasing the young money or as mr crall calls it the "gold chain" crowd. Yes perhaps the rappers cant get the ferraris straight from ferrari but the other brands dont mind giving them cars and they get all the free promo that comes with it. These young guys are buying 720s and huracan and aventador and the 488 and 812 aren't even a consideration. I can't tell you how many of friends just shook their head at why I chose an 812 over the aventador.

Ferrari basically has to play games like this one mentioned in this thread moving forward bc they've spent the last 30 years pushing everyone with a brain away from servicing their car at the ferrari dealer. The rates are hilarious and the additional nonsense many dealers add on to bills leaves a sour taste in people's mouths. My current tech was the head of a ferrari dealers service department and has his own place, the dealers are AWFUL. So rewarding the people who still go in to the stealerships and dont mind the robbery, sure lets give them a medal for their bravery, well done.

That's gonna be what saves ferrari down the road the classiche and a program rewarding those who do dealer services??? I guess bc most guys my age wont be buying ferraris in 20 years when they're in their 50s they'll still be buying all the other exotics that can be bought without the games.

imahorse, Jaguar36 and Texas Forever like this.
  14. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Back in the early days of the 348 the word got out pretty quick that the clutch shaft ring nut was coming loose 1st on the cars driven hardest...the 348 challenge cars.
    Then it happened to my 348 and when I approached FNA about it they basically told me to go pound sand and the fix was raping my wallet of $20,000! Screw that! I figured out how to fix the gearbox for 10% of that with the discounts on parts from FoH. Then I taught Ernie how to fix his box and now everyone knows how to fix them.

SAFE4NOW, tbakowsky and Texas Forever like this.
  15. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Longer term we're all dead, live for today. ;)

Rifledriver likes this.
  16. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Exactly and thats why younger buyers are going to other brands where they can get cars today without having to lose $70k on a ferrari station wagon to get the car of their choice.......I lived for today too but it cost me a pretty penny over sticker

imahorse and LARRYH like this.
  17. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
  18. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Going waaaay off topic here , but last time I checked McLaren values were losing over $70k on the back end... or are they a gateway to the next vehicle as well?

But yes, I agree, you can walk in and purchase a lot of cars right now , there are many brand new available , immediately , how/why is that? ( Porsche, McLaren, Lamborghini, MB, etc )

19. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    you're gonna lose alot regardless of what you buy, but this isn't 1990 where Ferrari is the only game in town anymore. There's alot of cool stuff out there today, other companies adapted, ferrari hasn't, it wont go over well down the road when the young demographic who will one day be the old demographic is buying everything but ferrari.......the guy above mentioned the "gold chain" stigma of lambo owners, my friends make fun of me bc im supposedly the only ferrari driver they know that doesn't wear a ferrari hat,shirt,gloves while i drive mine and whats funny is thats a real stigma bc when i go to cars and coffee, the other ferrari owners really love their gear.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  20. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    You don't want your V-12 to suckle on the sweet teet of Classiche Certified Olio?

308 milano and Texas Forever like this.
  21. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    not trying to be mean, but that made me laugh...so you mean those CARS are actually DRIVEN? LOL. When you have to say that...it really does say it all about Ferrari ownership.

(yeah, yeah, usual caveat in life...nothing is 100% always, there are exceptions. The exceptions are likely to be here of course)

Texas Forever and SAFE4NOW like this.
  22. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Joe90, daytona355 and SAFE4NOW like this.
  23. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    As far as the service program. that is the OP original topic .. I don't really mind the thought of it .. I figure once I pay for the dealer to pick the car up and bring it back I live over 200 miles away I don't really mind paying of the service if it is done right .. and it would be nice if the pricing was not totally insane .. but what the hell....
    I took my 911 to my local Porsche dealer for its service a couple of years ago and got it home and noticed a few drops of oil under the car ..so I looked and it was leaking. took it back and the guy told me the tech must have not tightened the plug etc.. so they fix it I take it home and the leak is worse... I took it back and told them to fix it right and that it needed a new oil pan because it looked like they stripped the drain plug so a week later I get it back all this for an oil change... I say this because it seems the Ferrari techs take much better care of the cars then
    this Porsche dealer did ... just paying more to NOT get an idiot to work on the car is worth it to me...

24. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I get what you are saying, I was posting what I did as a reply to those above implying that Ferrari's are not driven.

Personally , I think its 51/49 here , more clients drive their Ferrari than don't... maybe it's the weather here?

:)

S

25. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I bet its the "Texans" there :)