Ferrari Pricing 360 F430 models | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Pricing 360 F430 models

Discussion in '360/430' started by CJs360, Jan 3, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSP

JSP Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #26 JSP, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    I am 80 years old.

I can get in and out of my 575 and my 430 just fine.

I drive them all the time and I don't care about the value. I just enjoy them.

2. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

I am 52 and agree 110 percent.
    Cheers JSP!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

pearsonhaus likes this.
  3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Put this in perspective— let’s just say your $100k in today’s dollars ferrari appreciates by 50% in 10 yrs...... will $50k really change anyone in this forum economically.... this value talk on a 100k car is silly.

The real tragedy is the idea of keeping a beautiful car under wraps putting no low miles to possibly get a $50k payday in 10 yrs....

I can think of better things to do w my time and money and energy.

not trying to be harsh here... just put some old guy perspective.

plus the current cars that are being held by speculators while have low miles and a nice layer of armor coat will most likely have years of def main that can only be realized detected by driving them... so if you actually want to drive one of these closet queens prepare for some extra $$$$$ to make them road worthy.

oh and 50% is generous..

4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I love this post. So true.

My father , now 86, loved his Ferraris. His last, a Mondial qv, he loved the most as the most advanced and convenient. His list was the classic 60s and 70s Ferraris and muscle cars including several 427 Cobras.

Point is he said everything goes up eventually. I’m still waiting for the Mondial to go up BUT I grew with the above post.

I have a 360 and 430 gated. I love the 360. Period. And when these cars are old enough that the relative newness and technology doesn’t matter any longer, the feeling will dictate the price. Like the 458 and 488. Not looking to start an argument but this post is spot on.....

As is the post about whether we will be alive to see it. The issue is that the relative timeframe for such appreciation has such an impact on the individual that it makes its occurrence irrelevant.

Do I care that my 430 gated will be a million dollar car if I can no longer use it or I’m dead? And to a 86 yo like my dad who has had a stroke, does the extra million dollars mean anything? Nope.

Thank you for thoughtful and provocative posts.

pearsonhaus, JSP and Dewinator like this.
  5. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    I think it’s pretty silly to compare a Dino to a 360, or a F430 for that matter. Rarity, production run, and simply the class of those cars will always demand a premium. If you really want to compare our cars it would be the the 308 GTB/GTS. Both were mass produced for their time, affordable, and extremely popular. The production run of the 308 mirrors that of the 360/F430 continuation.

Like others have mentioned, it’s not really worth worrying about, no one buys a 360/F430 for collectibility and they certainly love to be driven regularly. It’s amazing how smooth they are the 2nd or 3rd day in a row you take them out, almost a different car in my opinion.

JSP and kes7u like this.
  6. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    ScottS likes this.
  7. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You seem to be misunderstanding an all-out ban (illegal in the US, ex post facto) and "target years" regarding FUTURE manufacture.

8. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    My first post wouldn't make any sense if I meant all-out ban

The ban on the sale of new ICE exotics will mean used exotics will go up in value. Supply and demand.

9. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You assume demand will go up. No one knows what will happen. How much demand is there for horse and buggies?

Apollo 11 and Danedingerson like this.
  10. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Depends on geography....that demand is much higher in PA and OH than it is in say TX. ;)

mchas likes this.
  11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    They may increase in value for a short time, but then the bottom will drop out once the gas car is no longer allowed to be drivin in busy city centers.

Once the self driving car hits the road..that's it, say good by to any human operated vehical being allowed on the road. Maybe in very rural areas would it be allowed, but definatly not in the cities or the burbs.

12. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Remember how we were always supposed to have flying cars by now? Self driving cars will be the same thing for decades. We'll all probably be gone by the time they finally work it out.

The Tesla-style cameras w/ pattern recognition thing will simply never work for all circumstances. It's a pipe dream. Even for the "95%" situations where they will eventually work fairly well, they drive too slow for the infrastructure. They would require a huge amount of investment in new roads, which isn't happening.

Lidar systems could maybe work but are far too expensive to put on luxury cars, let alone the cheap disposable cars that make up most on the road.

Apollo 11 likes this.
  13. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016

This. Look at what your annual return is on other investments. Then realize that any gain on your Ferrari is minimal, drive it!

14. Neil22

Neil22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2018
    Oxford CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Silberkleit
    Cars and Ferrari's are not pieces of art they are cars designed to be driven, so drive it like you stole it and put a big smile on your face :)
    In line with the comment above - they are just used cars at this point in time it takes years for classics to attain any value!
    I wish I had the for site to hold on to my American Classics muscle cars from when I was a kid - but nowhere to store them!
    Remember it took 30 years for most cars to become valuable and value is only what someone is willing to pay at the time of sale :rolleyes:.

JSP and one4torque like this.
  15. Eddevine

Eddevine Karting
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Feb 21, 2012
    Reno Nv.
    Full Name:
    Ed Devine
    toothpharaoh likes this.
  16. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
  17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Still a far cry from the 4-600k people were paying a few years ago.

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    430s were never that much. 599 stick was but not 430s

Maine57S1 likes this.
  19. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    i dont recall seeing any examples selling in that range. link?

20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    They didnt

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    599 manual yes. 430 manual... close but not quite in the $240k. I recall seeing one a few years back maybe $220k, but that had to be sub 10k miles.

The 599 manual that auctioned for $600k is really wanted ignited the manual craze a few years back.

22. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    D'oh!! Got my markets mixed up..yes it was the 599 3 pedal that was the big buck machine. My bad.

ttforcefed likes this.
  23. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I agree but I’m only at 109 percent.

24. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED