Ferrari “Puro” SUV announced | FerrariChat

Ferrari “Puro” SUV announced

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dustman, Sep 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Camilleri announced the suv, due by 2022. (Also a v6 engine and higher prices across the brand).
    With the lambo Urus at $200k, does the Puro undercut in price?

——————-

Ferrari ruled out a self-driving model, but added that its much-debated utility vehicle would come by the end of the plan.The vehicle, called "Purosangue" (Thoroughbred), could potentially lead to a substantial growth in sales, analysts have said, while Ferrari expects the car to also help lure the super rich in China.

2. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This doesn't sound like a good thing. Just when I get to a point in my life when I can comfortably afford these cars, they are going to sell out and start producing tons of them which to me lessens the appeal. I have a signed order for an 812 with a deposit check sitting on my desk. I haven't mailed it yet.

davemqv likes this.
  3. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    You really think there are going to be "tons of" 812's?? I wouldn't mail that check, if I were you. DRIVE OVER TO THE DEALER WITH IT - RIGHT NOW!!

EPIK22, tifoso2728, JimEakin and 9 others like this.
  4. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Not a lot of 812’s. I’m talking about Ferrari’s in general. Where I live, you see a car with shields maybe 5 or 6 times per year.

LARRYH likes this.
  5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think a lot of the volume growth will occur in newer markets like China and Russia. I'm sure there will be some more growth in the US, but they are also increasing the number of models and derivatives they offer, so the odds of seeing the same model you have are probably still fairly low.

bubbaboy, tfazio, nmcclure and 3 others like this.
  6. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    when you listen to the calls, the projected growth is outside of NA for the most part, so maybe you see 7-8 times per year. Good times for Ferrari fans, but as a shareholder, I'm glad they are transitioning into the SUV segment. Too big of a market, just hope they are priced correctly to steal market share from Urus and the what little bentayga buyers there are. I do think the new pricing, and raising of rates, are going to lead to a softer second hand market on all marques across the board. QE, and long term loans let many buyers into a market segment they wouldnt be in years prior, and as the initial price increases, faster than US wage growth, the buyers, group A and group B, will continue to separate.

tfazio, anunakki and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    V6 in suv or in some other Ferrar car ?

8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you for sharing that information. I was reading Camilleri announcement and he also said the following about the new Puro-sangue. " In order to redefine expectations we will be producing a vehicle which is unique in so many ways", "we will present something never seen before". He added "it will be elegant, powerful, versatile, comfortable, spacious and connected".
    I'm very curious to see what Ferrari will come up with.

Caeruleus11, stavura and anunakki like this.
  9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I am also very interested in a new concept of suv.

10. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I guess they will beef up the DCT to handle the much higher torque typically found in a SUV.

11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    By 2022 I would expect a V6 with Hybrid over higher tq given how nobody really uses these suv's offroad.

12. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    As long as they use those money from suv sales to produce more pure sport cars in response to customer needs and feedback, then I am all good. If selling suv is going to keep Ferrari self substainable, like what cayanne did for Porsche which continues to pump out the GT cars, then I guess I will have to accept it. Heck, Ferrari already sells turbo engines, what are we complaining about?

paulchua likes this.
  13. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    the Asia market comments were interesting, in that they dont care about hypercars or even super cars, but really want the SUV.

bubbaboy, Caeruleus11 and 635CSI like this.
  14. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I still don't like it. Of course I never like change but usually it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I can remember when Cadillac came out with a re-badged Tahoe that seemed like a ridiculous idea at the time and then ended up buying one a few years later.

15. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My guess is whatever they come up with will be the vehicle of choice for status seeking daily drivers.

16. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    The SUV is being targeted at buyers who are not drivers but want the bragging rights of the badge. They may own a Ferrari but they are not a Ferrari Owner.

Mikael-F360, kerrari, LARRYH and 7 others like this.
  17. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I can see it now... Grand Cherokee TC by Ferrari. Corinthian leather included. Where's Roberto Montalban when you need him?

I'm out.

Pfft!

carguyjohn350 and dustman like this.
  18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Puro Asino might be nearer the mark.

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  19. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    ferrari is quickly becoming just another car company instead of the THE SPECIAL car company.

20. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    Put nostalgia and your/our purists mindsets aside because you are WRONG!

If that oblivious hot, young, soccer mom with 3 kids and a Golden Retriever has a title in the glove box in her name and it says "Ferrari" on it then she is an owner....you might not want to admit it or even consider her one but she IS an owner....just like us;)

Times are changing and Ferrari is making an SUV so you better get used to the idea because it's happening.

PS: Everything will be OK, the brand will survive intact, and the world isn't going to end;)

Caeruleus11, anunakki, MAPS and 4 others like this.
  21. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    The word "connected" is a must.

Caeruleus11 and Formula Uno like this.
  22. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    ^
    the brand will survive.
    it just wont stand for the same things anymore.
    i wont be as interested anymore.

its like jaguar. the e-type was the pinnacle.
    today they are owned by non-brits and turn out only one model i would like to own.

23. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Frankly I think the SUV is a horrid idea but I also think things like SP1 and SP2 are equally questionable, cars which cannot be driven on the roads of the Ferrari's largest export market and cars which to me frankly are merely iterations a Lotus 2 and 3 Eleven. It makes me wonder what next might arrive from this apparent new line, perhaps a modern 250 GTO?

The exciting thing here is 15 new models, does that mean we might see a light weight V6 sports car...that would be far more interesting!

Positive is we have a self confessed Ferrari collector heading up the company so perhaps that's the real positive out of all of this.

24. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    You have not understood my post. I AM NOT WRONG as it is just your opinion that I am wrong. What I am saying has nothing to do with nostalgia or having a purist mindset and even if I did it does not make me WRONG except to you. The SUV will not stop me from enjoying my current Ferraris I am simply not a fan of SUVs.

Yes, if it is made by Ferrari it is a Ferrari and if your name is on the registration papers you own the vehicle. What I am saying is that the SUV will be bought by people who will want the bragging right to say that they own a Ferrari SUV which is more expensive than their neighbour's SUV. I have no time for poseurs and they are never long term Ferrari owners.

The name Ferrari will survive but it will no longer be what it once was. I understand Ferrari has to evolve with changing times and tastes to deliver what those with the means to purchase new want. This does not mean that I have to agree with each model that they produce. As long as they continue to make cars like the current model lineup I will be happy. If the production skewes to more mainstream type vehicles in the pursuit of profit then I will weigh up the competition before making a purchase.

25. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Mr Camelliri has a hell of a job on his hands. By 2030 many urban areas will have all-electric, semi/full autonomous driving as mandatory.

Politicians are driving this (cities can no longer cope with traffic growth, there's a ton of potential living space locked up in city parking etc ) but so are the big manufacturers. They see ''connected'' mobility as a huge, new massively profitable revenue driver. Most are already going DTC (direct to consumer) in preparation for this world, where today's dealers are really glorified pit-stops for basic maintenance, leaving the manufacturers to own the entire sales process/consumer journey in order to maximize revenue.

So Ferrari may become a pure-play sports luxury brand, leaving behind engines and self-driving, not out of choice but out of necessity. The new CEO has to navigate the transition and it must be a mind-bender. Ferrari's core competition are part of huge groups and can play the tech long-game.

An SUV with four doors and decent space is essential for Ferrari to remain in the game. I wonder how long it will be before the mega rich will not be buying houses on exclusive golf courses but houses with 12 car garages on exclusive roads.

Caeruleus11 and Formula Uno like this.