Ferrari Roma vs 2005 Honda Accord Coupe | FerrariChat

Ferrari Roma vs 2005 Honda Accord Coupe

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by CT Audi Fan, Nov 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    They both have four wheels! And two doors! Clearly Ferrari cribbed the design specs from Honda!

Cmon people ... why can’t we just evaluate the Roma on its own merits instead of trying to tie it to Jaguar or Aston or Bentley or whatever. The car is beautiful. Or it’s ugly. Decide for yourself. It’s a Ferrari! Or, it’s not a real Ferrari because it doesn’t have a V12 or the engine isn’t in the middle. Just be happy that Ferrari as a brand is thriving so they can continue to make the cars that you DO like.

And, for the record, the 2005 Accord Coupe has a very special feature that no modern Ferrari has so it is clearly superior ... a lovely third pedal to the left of the brake ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

One issue and I dare say the most important , THE ENGINE ! Wet sump ! is Ferrari kidding ?????.

3. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    The whole California line starting with the original Cali has had wet sump engines (I am also quite sure that GTC4LussoT has this wet sump engine but I can't find proof for it apart from the designation of that engine being closer to that of a Cali T than the 488). This car clearly is part of that family of cars. Not sure why suddenly wet sump is such a big issue? This car is not meant to be an 812 competitor nor is it meant to be a F8 competitor. It's meant to be a relaxed tourer with good sporting abilities. Why not judge it based on what it's mission statement is?

REALZEUS likes this.
  4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    There are several good reasons for using a wet sump. The biggest one for majority of owners is better protection for the engine for a car that’s more likely to be often parked in public areas where the driver is likely to quickly pull away after a cold start rather than wait to warm up the engine like when trips are mostly driven point A to point A. Dry sump engines take a bit longer to pump in the engine oil at engine startup when the engine is most vulnerable to avoidable engine wear caused by high engine revs.

Radu and tommygun64 like this.