Ferrari ROMA | Page 114 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Great review isuk!

Any thoughts on which seats you’ll order? Did any of the demo cars have the fancy seats with the extra adjustment?

2. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
  3. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Due to the Covid restrictions we were restricted to only sitting in the car we were allocated for the drive. The car I went out in was Argento Nurburgring with Blu Medio leather with the Diamond stitch centre sections (I really liked this centre section treatment as it looks both retro and new at the same time - the diamonds are actually squares so quilting might have been a more apt description). It had the Tradizione option which gives the bi-colour effect with the sweeping curve around the cabin. There was a wide range of lumbar adjustments to the base and backrest controlled from the central touchscreen. It was easy oi find a comfortable position in the car and they are probably the most comfortable seats that I have personally experienced in a Ferrari. The driving position in relation to the pedals and steering wheel was very good in these left hand drive examples. I hope they manage to make the transition to right hand drive just as good.

vcappp likes this.
  4. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    elmadi, vcappp, F140C and 2 others like this.
  5. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    elmadi, randkin, Maggio23 and 2 others like this.
  6. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    elmadi, F140C, Spider68 and 4 others like this.
  7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks for posting.
    That's sharp. Drove an F8S with Blue Medio interior. It's a looker.
    T

8. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I usually love diamond seats. I thought I'd also like these when I read your comment that they were actually squares, but this picture leaves me totally unimpressed. Poor effort, plain design IMO. Daytonas I don't like them but manage to understand why people do. But I believe the Roma's Daytona seats will leave many unimpressed, too.

9. Nxs7

Nxs7 Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Nitin Sharma
    Thank you for your input . As you rightly mentioned that as a 25 year old I should be go for the F8. However, considering I’m in India and I won’t be able to enjoy the car more than 2-3 days a month due to the road conditions here and the kind of attention it would get (Ferrari sells about 20 cars per year in India) . As it would be my first Ferrari, I would wanna drive it more often and knowing other people who own 458/488’s here , they don’t take it out more than 2-3 times a month . With a GT, I feel I will be able to enjoy it more often .

Apart from this , I do plan on getting a mid/rear engine car in the near future but would prefer to get a NA rather than a turbo ! Also , I love how the Roma looks .

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Great to have you as part of the global Ferrari family.
    I can’t wait to see pictures of a Roma in beautiful Indian locations, that will be very cool.
    Mid/rear is fun, but only if you can use it, and a Ferrari is to be driven.

Nxs7 likes this.
  11. JES444L

JES444L Rookie

Oct 24, 2015
    I test drove The Roma at Silverstone the other day.

The car was much wider than it seems in the pictures. The width gives it a lot of road presence.

Generally the car was very comfortable when you want it to be and at a flick of a switch you can turn it into a high revving beast.

It’s a very versatile car that can be pretty much enjoyed in all settings and I will be happy to put some proper mileage on the car.

Can’t wait till my one arrives... hopefully by March!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. ScuderiaPL

ScuderiaPL Rookie

Jun 15, 2020
    New York
    Full Name:
    Paul Lusardi
    Anyone have a pic of the ventilated full electric seat option?

13. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Here is a link to the road part around the Good wood area, the track film will be coming soon.

vcappp, deltona, tomc and 1 other person like this.
  14. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Nitin, you have hit the nail on the head. The roads in India are indeed awful. Buy a Ferrari that you can actually use and enjoy, rather than being frustrated by it living forever in a garage. It is one of the reasons I bought a Portofino. I do not live in India but know the roads well. The P is a GT, has soft enough settings to cushion your back on a very bumpy road but with pretty sharp handling compared to most cars and plenty of oomph if you push it or drive in manual. You also have the option of opening the roof which is great on cool evenings. The Porto M has the same engine and gearbox as the Roma and the higher torque should allow for better low rev acceleration. Some will say you should enjoy an F8 when young. Understand the feeling; EVERY Ferrari can be really enjoyed but only when you are actually driving it. Are you a race driver? Get an F8. Will you be able to weave your way through maddening and chaotic traffic easier in a F8 or in a Porto? Methinks a Porto. And both will attract the same number of girls

vcappp likes this.
  15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Just got an email that Miller Motorcars is scheduling Roma test drives.
    I hope this means that we on this side of the pond are going to get our butts in the driver's seats of the Roma in the not to distant future...T

16. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Yeah northwest region has a car mid October for drives

tomc likes this.
  17. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Yep, I signed up for the Houston one a couple of weeks ago. Wish there was some track time but it looks like streets only. Some other cars available, F8, 812GTS and a “surprise” which will probably be the Portofino.

tomc likes this.
  18. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Hey all
    Does anyone in the USA have a VIN and/or locked in delivery date ?

19. HTXatty

HTXatty Rookie

Dec 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Omar
    I have a VIN dealer telling me I’ll have mine before end of year.

glennkreisel likes this.
  20. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    Had an hour long test drive at the Salon Prive in Blenheim Palace yesterday accompanied by a factory instructor..The shine was taken off my drive as the roads around Blenheim were extremely busy and i wasn't told beforehand the Roma would be LHD.I never got to be very confident with the LHD during the drive as i'm too used to having my driving side on the side of oncoming traffic..I have no issues driving a LHD car in a LHD country like France fo example..
    Anyways to the Roma itself, i thought it was a a stunning looking car in the metal and looked particularly good in Grigio Titanio..The Black ones looked more aggressive however the curves seemed to be lost.The engine has real power all throughout the rev range with not a hint of lag..The ride quality is in a different league to any Ferrari i've either owned or drive..It would be my choice of Ferrari to drive down through France to the Riviera..I loved the seats which were both supportive and comfortable, feels like i could spend 4-5 hours in them without a numb butt unlike the Racing seats on my 488..
    It has more than enough performance and felt that any more power would be simply overkill..The steering was great and the damping over undulating roads was simply brilliant with equally great ride and brilliant handling..
    My only criticism was the touch controls on the overly busy steering which will probably become more intuitive with familiarity..To recap i'm likely to order one but i need to drive a RHD example before committing..Based on my drive i'd much prefer the Roma over the new 992TTS as the latter looks too much like the cooking 992s to justify its near Roma price tag..The Roma feels much more special because of this IMO as well as looking like a million dollars in comparison..

vcappp, randkin, RamsHmb and 3 others like this.
  21. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I m red 10 as of two weeks ago. No vin but I didn’t get one on my GTS until the first production photos showed up. Weird how the system works one way for some and another for others.

22. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I was still 10G as of Thursday but I logged in today and I have a VIN!

Not sure if that means I’m 10R!??

SV

(I was going to make one last change...)

23. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    It seems to be all over the board with the system. I was 10 Red more than a month ago got a VIN 3 weeks ago but haven’t received a production pic yet. A friend got all 3 of his F8 Spider pics before he even got word it went into production and still doesn’t have a VIN.... haven’t touched base with my dealer lately but as of a week ago mine hadn’t started production. However, I have been told this before then 1 week later it was stage 70 finalizing road testing. He still said looking at late November/December delivery.

vcappp likes this.
  24. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Thanks all! Sounds like things are moving.
    I’ve been locked in “waiting list” in app starting Sept 5th. First time Ferrari and just excited. Seems like production numbers are much less then Porsche and Tesla so probably a much longer wait. Argggg :) still like a kid on Christmas Eve.

25. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    The great thing is that feeling doesn’t change! Every “new baby” is super exciting.

Congratulations and enjoy in great health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glennkreisel likes this.