Ferrari ROMA | Page 118 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Great post. Michael is the consummate gentleman and the perfect ambassador for Ferrari. He has flown to Maranello with us for all our TM cars.

2. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Go to "My Ferrari" on line via pc, it’s much easier to navigate.
    If your car details have been loaded, click on that and if your car photos have been loaded by Ferrari they will show up in “my car on the production line”.
    The photos will be :- body in white, then in the painted colour and last the completed car at the end of production. The body in white photos are generic and not specific to your car.

vcappp and of2worlds like this.
  3. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    well that sucks. I’m just going to pretend it’s mine!

of2worlds and glennkreisel like this.
  4. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I got that from Jason. Sounds like the demo and my car are sharing a row for the flight over. Good news is they will have a car shortly.

SVCalifornia likes this.
  5. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Was looking into cost of a fly over... do you know how much??

SV

6. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I mistyped. The demo is ahead of mine and is coming over by boat. Mine will fly but later. I told him it will be like an episode of top gear as the two race via different methods to CA. It has gone up...a lot...I don’t have the exact but my GTS was around 20. It’s a pretty stupid finical move but life is short...at least that is how I try and rationalize.

SVCalifornia likes this.
  7. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    When I asked Jason he mentioned it was up to 25K? But he wondered if that was for V12 and V8 might be less... 16K??

Just wondering at the moment but I’m with you... life is too short...

SV

8. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I flew a from a racecar from a different manufacturer years ago and it was just over 15. I didn’t know it was an option with Ferrari. Is this something you have to arrange with FNA?

9. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Arrange with dealer...

SV

008 likes this.
  10. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I gave him the thumbs up so will let you know shortly....starting to get very excited.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Ferrari of Ontario

Roma in TdF

T

12. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Looking good. Blue is my next color Tom!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

elmadi and tomc like this.
  13. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Great I’d like to know too

14. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nero is looking good as well!

15. ScuderiaPL

ScuderiaPL Rookie

Jun 15, 2020
    New York
    Full Name:
    Paul Lusardi
    My dealer says I am officially 30 - painting. That said, My Ferrari App has not changed from (but shows a VIN) yet. Strange. I test drove the Roma today. I have to say, i was pleasantly surprised how tight the package felt. The car in pictures looks rather large. In person, totally different. It looks compact and when you are in the driver's seat, it feels compact. The dual cockpit adds to the feeling of smallness and the full electric seats are very nice and have the ability to change the side bolster to make you feel wrapped in the seats. The technology finally brings Ferrari to the present. While not perfect, it is very good. The ability to change the tachometer to any color you want is fantastic, the sharpness of the TFT is really spot on. As for the ride. I was very surprised! The sound is excellent. Even at idle, the car has a very nice sound for a turbo engine. Miles better than the Portofino and not that far off from a standard F8. Maintains the quality through out the rev range even with the windows shut. The power delivery is so linear. You feel no turbo lag at all. It just pulls and pulls. It was raining during my test drive and the torque is so aggressive that we were still getting wheel spin when shifting from 3 to 4th gear in sport mode and massive twitches in race mode. I was very impressed. I was worried the car would feel dull. Completely not the case. This is a sports car with GT capabilities vs. a GT car with sporting capabilities. What makes the big difference between this and a mid-engined Ferrari is the suspension. This a compliant car in both "bumpy road" mode or normal mode. It does not feel like a go-kart, which IMHO most mid-engine Ferraris do. I loved every moment of my 430 spider, but I was looking for something more "usable" and this is absolutely perfect for that. Tons of torque, tons of sportiness and no need to swerve around every pot hole or bump in the road. Car also feels so much more comfortable than an F8. That said, if you are looking for a super car that gives you the feeling of being on the edge at all times, this is not the car. This has the capability of reaching that at times, but not 100% of the time. That said, i was not expecting to enjoy the ride as much as i did. Anyone who drives this will want to buy one. It is that good. My only complaint is that the steering feels light. But i think that about most Ferraris these days. But this one was very light.

Attached Files:

vcappp and glennkreisel like this.
  16. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Sounds truly awesome. I'm scheduled to drive Oct 17th. Can't wait. I've been on waitlist since Sept 4th..
    Man, I hope I don't have to wait long. Do people shop dealers for allocations in the Ferrari world? Or stick with the one my deposit is with.
    So hard waiting waiting waiting.. But good to live vicariously through you all! Can't wait for the first customer to get one in their driveway and get some reviews.
    Thank you!

17. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I would build a relationship with one. Dealers can have influence and having a good connection is worth it. But I would align with a dealer you really like. I love mine and the folks that work there. No US deliveries as of yet so don’t feel too bad still waiting...we are still very early ;)

18. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    I’ve had a good relationship w my Seattle dealer I’ll just keep building that. I’ll make sure to bring donuts to the Ferrari crew for my test drive!

RamsHmb likes this.
  19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Generally you have to purchase new cars from your local dealer, unless you have no dealer within 100 miles of where you live. If you have multiple residences, you may have multiple dealers to choose from.

20. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Yeah nearest dealer is many 100s of miles.

21. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Great write up. Couldn’t agree more with your assessment. Ferrari got this one right (for the most part). As you said, it’s not perfect, but it was a much better package than I expected and a significant improvement over the Portofino in almost every way, most notably the sound, smoothness of the gearbox, power delivery, and handling. I’m sure we will be dealing with some software “challenges” until they iron everything out, but a great first effort by Ferrari IMHO.

vcappp likes this.
  22. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Drove the demo car today.

Outstanding package! Highly capable car!

Not finished yet. Software still in development. But core is excellent.

Car is very expressive in its presentation and dynamics. Really enjoyed it!

Have a bunch of pics I’ll upload soon.

Great news is Jason said my car is at status 40! Past paint!

SV

Build codes

10 - Orders accepted (Red 10 = No Changes)
    20 - Chassis assembly (at Scaglietti)
    30 - Painting
    40 - Assembly line (dash/wiring/interior/options)
    50 - Assembly line (engine/transmission)
    60 - Finishing
    70 - Testing (road/track)
    85 - Storage
    90 - Water (intransit)
    92 - PDI completed
    93 - Shipping to dealers
    94 - Dealer stock

greg328, 008 and glennkreisel like this.
  23. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    Looks like they left a GoPro camera in the grille. All the demo cars are equipped with on and makes me wonder if it's something you can't avoid? I guess the Roma can be delivered without that hideous radar in the grille, and if that was not the case, this design flaw would be an absolute dealbreaker for me. Doesn't matter how good the Roma is; that little detail ruins the entire car for me. Call me crazy, but that box is just sad...

vcappp, 008 and glennkreisel like this.