Ferrari ROMA | Page 136 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Maggio23 and RamsHmb like this.
  2. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    When all this talk started about the "bump" I wondered if it was going to affect me as I have a Roma ordered. Then I walked out to where my F12 was parked and there it was. The dreaded "
    Bump". I also realized that I not once thought about it, noticed it or cared about it!! So hopefully the Roma will be the same. Out of my mind!
    !

Matt L, glennkreisel and dan129007 like this.
  3. ScuderiaPL

ScuderiaPL Rookie

Jun 15, 2020
    New York
    Full Name:
    Paul Lusardi
    Just hit status 91 at port. Hopefully to the dealer by end of the week and then Xpel and ceramic coat. Fingers crossed that i'll be picking up end of next week. More to come.

4. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Looks like a good day for both of us. Mine is being unloaded at the dealer as I type. Picking it up tomorrow I almost feel more excited about this one than some of the others. I think it’s because it is such a different product. Love my GTS but looking forward to a little more luxury for a daily...I am going to put so many miles on this car.

5. ScuderiaPL

ScuderiaPL Rookie

Jun 15, 2020
    New York
    Full Name:
    Paul Lusardi
    i feel the same! congrats. Can't wait to see the pics.

RamsHmb and glennkreisel like this.
  6. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Excited, how dare you be excited. This is not even a real Ferrari. Not to forget all the gadgets in it and ohh my god that HUGE screen in the middle. I am not even sure how you will be able to see the road and drive it properly.
    Aaand not to forget the GPF, they should have just made it electric and be done with the whole noise business.
    Shame on you for buying this car.

:D:D:D

Congratulations, looking forward to reading your impressions. I think Roma is going to be the biggest hit Ferrari has delivered since the 458.

Matt L, SAT4RE, RamsHmb and 3 others like this.
  7. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just curious, will you also do a paint correction?

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    For me the problem with the "bump" is not the aesthetics, but the drag. That bump drops the top speed from 200 mph to 199 mph. Totally unacceptable! ;)

glennkreisel and tomc like this.
  9. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Yep I’m learning!

SAT4RE likes this.
  10. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Nice yeah I bet it goes away

11. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Status 93 and loaded on transport truck to dealer then PPF. Agree with the others above looking forward to something different and new. I have still never seen the car in person so highly anticipating the reveal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt L, of2worlds and RamsHmb like this.
  12. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Glad to hear cars are starting to be delivered. Mines been at the port since the 20th of November. I’m starting to think it may have been damaged...

13. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Yeah I’ve never seen in person either.
    I’m excited to hear your reaction and see the spec. Post when u can

Dadr likes this.
  14. ScuderiaPL

ScuderiaPL Rookie

Jun 15, 2020
    New York
    Full Name:
    Paul Lusardi
    Yes - paint correction, then Xpel then ceramic coating

Matt L likes this.
  15. ScuderiaPL

ScuderiaPL Rookie

Jun 15, 2020
    New York
    Full Name:
    Paul Lusardi
    No - my dealer said he had an 812 gts stuck in port for 3 weeks and just delivered it yesterday. they was a big delay end of nov for some reason. He says it has been cleared here in NJ

of2worlds likes this.
  16. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Cars will get out of NJ before the end of the year. That is when Ferrari recognizes revenue. They want to exceed earnings estimates. Would not be surprised some cars get flown in from Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I picked her up today. This is the first time I have seen the car in the flesh and boy was I happy. Love the pics but the car is much smaller in person. I know others have mentioned the same....almost feels more 911 like. Definitely feels a lot smaller than my GTS. It feels very light and agile and the steering is very communicative...have read reviews saying the opposite but I feel differently. I will do a more detailed write up about living w it but I am loving already. The fit and finish us extraordinary. I have attached a few so so pics but u can get a sense of the detail. I did alcantara carpets/lower and it is fantastic. We will see how it wears but even the folks at the dealer were loving it. The other big plus is the sound. I had an f8 roll up next to me and all of us were like, huh...is it just me or does the Roma sound better? What I really like is how linear it is. I feel like on my wife’s portofino the valve is constantly opening and closing..loud . and quite and back to Loud all depending on rpm and how quickly you push the accelerator. Roma sounds like the valve is open and just runs through the rev range. It really does sound fantastic. A couple or crappy pics...will do better for the next round
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, Lunch Bag, vcappp and 14 others like this.
  18. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Nicely done. Congratulations and can’t wait to hear more of your impressions after you get a chance to break her in.

RamsHmb likes this.
  19. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Looks sweet.

Mine is still in the warehouse. Jason is pinging FNA.

They have an in-house demo in GS n cuoio. Check it!

Congrats! Looks awesome!

SV

RamsHmb likes this.
  20. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Wow! Can’t wait. Include some outside pics when u can. Small as in length short ? Height short ? I hear that comment from a lot of folks.
    Wow first real life owner enjoy pal

RamsHmb likes this.
  21. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Fantastic! I see it fits a bottle of water, but will it fit my large Chick-fil-a drink on my lunch run? Can’t wait to read your additional thoughts. Mine is set to arrive this week and I can’t wait, truly a kid at Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds and RamsHmb like this.
  22. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I did check the demo in the back and it looks really nice. Although, they did black on black and your really lose some of the cockpit details. Jason didn’t spec and he agrees My pics don’t do the interior justice. It’s stunning..had two people take a look as they were building and everyone was pretty fired up. As far as size, what hit me was length. First thing my wife said was, “wow, I didn’t realize how small (short) it was”. She has a portofino and it seems much shorter than the 812 and the portofino. I know the stats say different. It also doesn’t feel as wide as my 812. I am in SF and will use as my DD and I couldn’t be happier about the dimensions. My manual is still in Italy as it was an early fly over but I think I have figured most of the systems out..over some tequila and troubleshooting. I did get the upgraded sound system and after some adjusting, it’s epic. Better than my b&o in another car ;). I was very surprised. I have only had for hours but this is one of the most impressive all arounds I have driven in a long time. Definitely have some quibbles but I am extremely impressed.

k- not sure if you have heard the news but big changes at SV. U should ask Jason about.....happy to fill I too.

glennkreisel and SVCalifornia like this.