Ferrari ROMA | Page 140 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Wow that sucks!

2. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    How are you feeling about the Roma? It’s been a few days or so. Just curious. Good and bad? Comments from bystanders ?

3. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Loving it. I have done several, hour plus drives on highway and lots of twisties up in Sonoma county. It’s extremely comfortable and very, very quick. Did a couple of back to back drives with my GTS and I am impressed at how different but great they both are. My son (18 and a Scca licensed driver..so has a pretty good ear and feel for his age) prefers the overall sound of the Roma. He loves the high end of the 12c but the Roma just sounds good at any rev point. Some things I am getting used to...the steering feels light to me. I know modern Ferrari’s have that feel but I read reviews saying the Roma was heavier...not in my opinion. It’s not bad just different. I went more traditional GT so I didn’t add the driving zone and as a result I have a leather steering wheel. The wheel feels/is thinner than the older style on my GTS. It may be the lack of carbon but I actually prefer the feel of the GTS wheel. The Haptic Touch takes a little time to adjust to but it’s fine. The only issue I have is an occasional accidental touch of the voice prompt. The other interesting one is the gearing. I haven’t used 8th gear because on the freeway going 65 to 80 it actually has a bit of a drone sound to me. The gearing is also very tall so it takes a lot to get into higher revs...my one not love. I actually think it would ne better as a 7 speed so you could actually wind it up easier. Not good...I have a latch warning light on the passenger side. It’s working so hopefully a sw update. The keys came without the Ferrari badge on one side. The key side is leather but the back side is a pretty cheap piece of plastic. With that said, we believe the enameled badge is coming and it looks to be an easy replacement. The last is sw updates. They literally did one as I was cutting the check and I think all the systems will be faster and better in the coming months...not that they are bad but they are clearly making updates.

on the attention front it’s actually pretty sublime. I wanted this since it’s my daily driver in the Bay Area but I am a little surprised it doesn’t get more attention. My grey GTS gets much more. I think spec will heavily influence this. Mine is blue and without shields. I love looking at it and that’s all that matters. Hope that helps and I am sure you will love.

Lunch Bag, SVCalifornia and Katonk like this.
  4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Instead of delivering completed cars many are being held back by the factory because of the already set Q4/2020 financial situation and their shareholders.
    These cars will be released to dealers and buyers in the very first days of January 2021.
    Usual tricks in bookkeeping.
    Since they've gone public it has always been this way.

Marcel Massini

vcappp and Nuvolari like this.
  5. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Thank you nice write up! I wonder if you can put black tape or something over that voice prompt. I've heard that from others. :-D
    Yeah I loved that enamel on the keys, hopefully next year they have the "beautiful" keys.
    Sweet!

RamsHmb likes this.
  6. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Well this just stinks for those of us stuck in the delivery phase. Like I said, over 3 weeks in port and no information. What a joke. Nothing I can do about it but when one receives their finished photo 2 months ago one would think they should have the real thing. This is my 5th new Ferrari and never had one delayed so wasn’t expecting this. Again, I am blessed and shouldn’t complain, but meh..... maybe Santa can still fit it in his bag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elmadi likes this.
  7. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    elmadi, vcappp, Spider68 and 3 others like this.
  8. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    (Not my actual spec)

SV

9. Mba

Mba Rookie

May 6, 2019
    Have you tried the steering wheel touch control locking function? After 15 sec the touch controls shut off and to unlock you simply touch once the touchpad on the right hand side Of the steering wheel. If I remember correctly, you can activate the function under the setting menu of the instrument cluster.

vcappp likes this.
  10. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    This is news to me...as noted I am still w/o the manual which I get. I have learned to avoid but I will see if I can do this. I have been deep in the menus and not sure I have seen this sub menu. U have done on your Roma?

11. Mba

Mba Rookie

May 6, 2019
    They showed me during the test drive I did, since I had the same issue during the drive.

RamsHmb likes this.
  12. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    This makes total sense and going to check in a few. I was thinking to myself, this will be a disaster in the sf90 when you have it on the track...but locking it solves the problem.

13. ScuderiaPL

ScuderiaPL Rookie

Jun 15, 2020
    New York
    Full Name:
    Paul Lusardi
    The recent snow storm in the NY area has delayed pickup unfortunately. So it looks like Saturday is the earliest i can pick up. That said, i noticed the one key in the car was just a leather backed square. For those that have picked up their cars, do you have the key with the Ferrari emblem or the leather wrapped key with the work Roma on it?

14. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    U r my hero. Totally works and makes it so much more manageable.

Mba and glennkreisel like this.
  15. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Cool model. Where did u get that?

16. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Mint Models. Preordered it early this year. Even before I had a spec for my own I’m sure.

Pretty impressive model actually.

Pretty sure they’ve sold out tho...

SV

17. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    i saw a perl whitish one recently. looks gorgeous and very elegant. what is that color code?

18. Jon H

Jon H Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jon Halvorsen
  19. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    WOW.. I really like that WHITE.. Do I need to change my Alloy Grigio?
    Nice.. nice.. let us know when you drive what you think good and bad.. :-D I actually like the reflectors on the wheel wells, do they light up?
    Congrats pal. I'm jealous

Matt L likes this.
  20. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Very nice! Did you get this from F of Houston? Delivered today?

21. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
  22. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Btw...for those that asked about car play. Still bummed to not get on the center screen but I figured out how to minimize on the instrument panel and it’s now a high on my recommend list.

Matt L and SVCalifornia like this.