Ferrari ROMA | Page 195 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sm25913

Sm25913 Rookie

Mar 6, 2022
    Concord MA
    Full Name:
    Simon Martin
    Give days into owning my Roma and two, probably naive, questions: (1) how does the bumpy road function on the manettino work? (Error message continually reads “not available in this set up” and I have tried all the settings I can think of … and manual not very helpful), (2) engine light warning intermittently flashes for low oil pressure - something to do with being new (less than 400 miles) or something else?

2. Sm25913

Sm25913 Rookie

Mar 6, 2022
    Concord MA
    Full Name:
    Simon Martin
    Five not give

3. Sm25913

Sm25913 Rookie

Mar 6, 2022
    Concord MA
    Full Name:
    Simon Martin
    Five days into owning my Roma and two, probably naive, questions: (1) how does the bumpy road function on the manettino work? (Error message continually reads not available in this set up), (2) engine light warning intermittently flashes for low oil pressure - something to do with being new (less than 400 miles) or something else?

Soleith likes this.
  4. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    You push the manettino switch in to toggle on/off bumpy road mode. But that is only available in settings like sport or race. I believe wet and comfort modes already have bumpy road enabled by default, and you can’t turn that off in those drive modes.

Andy

sd dave, RamsHmb and Senad like this.
  5. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    As others have said, bumpy road mode is on by default in wet and comfort mode. The car gets stiffer when you put it into any mode beyond that, hence it is not accessible in those modes.

Re point 2, I also had this on both the demonstrator that my dealer gave me while I waited for mine to arrive and also on my car. It's intermittent but seems to be when I am backing off from higher revs. I've raised it with my dealer and they said they've seen this on other Roma's which has gone away when they've done an oil and filter change which they're doing now and also Ferrari have supplied a software update which apparently helps. I get the car back next Friday and will let you know if it's resolved or not. Have checked the oil multiple times and it's fine, think it's just the sensor being oversensitive but it is bloody annoying!

JHNurse likes this.
  6. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
  7. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Ok, so as discussed got my car back on Friday. Good news, the oil/filter change and software update looks to have resolved the flashing oil pressure low warning issue on mine. Suggest you book yours in for the same.

8. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom
    I also had the 'OIL PRESSURE LOW' message...

Like others, took it to the dealer... did a software update, oil and filter change. All seems good now.

Sergio Tavares likes this.
  9. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    Sometime this can be a low battery, do you have the battery minder to keep it topped off?

10. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom
    yes... I always have the car on the battery tender.

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  12. 611LW

611LW Karting

Feb 26, 2020
    Bavaria, Germany
    Leather ist called Verde 4305

13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thank you. Reminded me of the old school Porsche interior color, nephrite green. Lovely spec...T

14. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
  15. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Coastal Georgia and Coastal Maine
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Stunning Roma!

I think you need to start shipping that beauty to sunnier States during the winter.

Any idea how many Ferrari’s are in Wyoming?

JHNurse likes this.
  16. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    Thanks! It does winter over Teton Pass in Idaho during the winter. Does that count?

Don’t see too many Ferraris around here. I’ve seen a 328 this spring already. But too many folks buy Urus or one of the many Porsche flavors available these days (EV and ICE). Service is 5 hours away in SLC, so perhaps that’s also a deterrent?

Andy

17. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Saw a white FF in JH in March.

JHNurse likes this.
  18. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Rob
    @JHNurse -

Next winter you need to ship that beauty down to me in the land of Swaying Palm Trees.

I promise not to put more than 10K miles on it or rent it out for more than 20 track days.

I’m such a great guy, I’ll even pay for shipping. What’s not to like!

With regards to dealer proximity, I am 255 miles from Aston Orlando and have to ship the Vantage to them via an enclosed trailer on my dime for service. Ferrari of Orlando is the same distance. I guess that’s the price of admission.

Have you had any electrical or Infotainment issues many Roma owners are experiencing?

JHNurse likes this.
  19. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    Well that is a very generous offer, LB!

No electrical problems for me. My wireless charging mat doesn’t seem to work very well, but I think that’s more of a design issue than an electrical fault. I’ll need to explore more, but it’s not too high on my list yet. Everything else works really, really well. The car seems well built, and I love driving it. Honestly puts a smile on my face looking at it in the garage and taking it out for a drive. Nothing but praise from me here!

Andy

20. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That’s great to hear Andy, especially since you are a distance from your dealer.

I don't mind shipping the Vantage 255 miles to Aston Orlando for its annual service, but if I had to ship a new Roma numerous times without the dealer truly fixing the electrical and/or Infotainment issues I would not be happy, especially when I am footing the transport fee.

21. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    Agreed. I don’t mind driving the 200 miles to the dealer over some fun roads every now and then. But I would not like to be doing that repeatedly for incessant problems they couldn’t address in a single visit. (Or pay to have the car shipped back and forth!)

Andy

Lunch Bag likes this.
  22. valter

valter F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2008
    Nibiru
    Full Name:
    Vlad
    First time I saw it in person today while getting lobster rolls for lunch in Venetian River Club in Venice FL (I bet somebody from FChat? lol). Looks really great in silver, sound is awesome, I want one :) Probably getting pretty much on top of my list if just right SLS wont stop me :)

23. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Was giving some mates/their kids rides this weekend in the Roma, have had a few decent blasts in the past but always struggled a bit where I am for traffic etc to have a really proper go, anyway, managed to get a few decent blasts with full throttle upshifts with full steering wheel led's lit while in Sport mode! OMG, what an experience. 1800 miles in before I've really truly experienced my car (was also going semi-gentle on engine running in).

General feedback - it's the single greatest thing I've ever owned...

Mickyd329, fws357, RamsHmb and 2 others like this.
  24. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Standard Colors for Roma:

Does anyone have a listing of what the standard exterior colors are for the Roma? I understand Ferrari may have made some colors that were standard as an up charge.

Thank you