Ferrari ROMA | Page 200 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yoann102

Yoann102 Rookie

Apr 20, 2022
    Full Name:
    Yoann
    Hi guys,
    Just got delivered the Roma and i love it. Although something disappointing with apple carplay is that you cant have Waze in a small window on the main ferrari screen with the Red or Yellow counter. It seems we can only have waze when going to the apple carplay menu but then the speed and revs are in small on the left corner of the screen?
    How come they havent managed to put waze into the main screen? if anyone know how to to that pls let me know.

KHunters likes this.
  2. Jhs1

Jhs1 Rookie

Nov 27, 2018
    Interesting you mention this. I just got my Roma as well and I haven’t figured out a way to display any of the Apple CarPlay functions in one of the smaller windows on either side of the tach. In my experience, it’s not just a Waze issue. Every time I open Apple CarPlay it takes up the entire center of the screen displacing the tach and the speed and gear are moved over to the side.

3. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    When looking at used Roma's, how much should I value mileage?

I see a 2021 with colors I prefer at 3k miles, compared to another 2021 that is the same car but a darker interior with 500 miles. Both are the same price, is the mileage difference a big factor? Assuming ppi comes back great on both.

I don't see myself putting more than 1000 miles a year on the car, so I am leaning towards the higher mileage with the color I prefer.

4. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    I think it's a personal preference just like the color choice. With only 500 miles, it's like buying it new but you should consider equipment too. One car may have more options than the other provided that those options are important. I'll assume the car that you like the interior color more with 3k miles is more optioned given that both are priced the same.

5. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    That's what is interesting, they both are almost identical in options except for the seat colors, and both are the same price. Give or take a couple hundred dollars, nothing meaningful. 3k miles isn't worrying me, except for maybe paint issues, but I will know after ppi. I am going to go with that one.

6. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom
    Hey... anyone know if there is a Speed governor on the Roma in the US? I am guessing yes.
    I hit 154 MPH and no more.

7. vcappp

vcappp Rookie

Aug 25, 2021
    Really?! That’s no good! how can the limit be unlocked?

8. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    I know there is a setting that you can program a chime the moment you reach your prescribed speed. There may be a speed limit setting as well.

9. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    I am pretty sure European law now forces it, I wonder if Ferrari just kept it on US spec cars as well.

10. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Don't believe this is the case. The new rules apply only to new cars type approved from this month onwards and are geared towards annoying the driver rather than actually limiting the speed entirely (noises, warning lights, vibrating pedals which can be overriden by pushing harder on the accelerator and are also supposed to be able to be disabled by the user entirely at car startup).

Dsald likes this.
  11. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    That's funny, "let's annoy the driver until he slows down"

12. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Warmest congrats and just beautifully appointed! Took delivery of mine last Thursday, June 2nd.

Dsald likes this.
  13. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Dsald likes this.
  14. tommd

tommd Rookie

Dec 24, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Dsald likes this.
  15. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    Iroko with sabia piping.

16. tommd

tommd Rookie

Dec 24, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Are the uppers chocolate?

17. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    Bundy likes this.
  18. tommd

tommd Rookie

Dec 24, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
  19. Lightening

Lightening Rookie

Oct 20, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ken Gee
    So what do users of the Roma really think about the car? I would be interested to know……not really a GT?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    My prior Ferrari was a Cali T Handling Speciale which I loved especially the exhaust. Comfort is paramount for me because of my height so when I decided on ordering the Roma, that played an important element. I've always admired GTs such as the Aston Martin DB11 but it's not a Ferrari. The Roma is exciting to drive and has the latest in technology which is refreshing. The driving experience is pure thrill, so I don't miss the convertible aspect and the exhaust soundtrack is superior to an F8. The lines are really a work of art and easily the most beautiful Ferrari in the current line-up. Obviously, I'm biased but the Roma exudes refinement, elegance, stunning looks, bespoke materials, and wicked speed!

Texas Pasha, Etb3 and JHNurse like this.
  21. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    I am coming from a DB11 v12, I am curious how the Roma is going to feel in comparison.

22. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Well, the Roma is faster than the DB11 V12 and handles way better. Don't take my word for it as there's a video write up by one of the British mags on You Tube comparing the DB11, Bentley GT, and Roma. Guess which came out on top?

23. sd dave

sd dave Rookie

Dec 11, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    david t
    I came from a DB11 as well! To me the Roma has a much better suspension and steering is much more precise. The DB11 felt floaty at speed and the brake feel did not inspire confidence. The Roma just feels tighter and the brakes are much more responsive. I got the Adjustable suspension and even in the comfort setting, it’s not as floaty as the db11. The sport setting is surprisingly forgiving on rough pavement, but still feels great around corners. interior wise, I feel like Ferrari did a much better job with the Roma than previous generations. The DB11 has some gorgeous leather work, but the Roma interior is just sexier. Engine sound is more pronounced in the Roma as well.
    I do miss the swan doors though.

24. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Couldn't agree more!