Ferrari ROMA | Page 201 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    The exhaust is pure Ferrari!

sd dave likes this.
  2. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Had mine since November, have put just over 2k miles on it and love it. My first Ferrari although have driven a few over the years. Needed something that is semi-daily usable as I commute with it into London (35 miles each way) when the weather is good and the mood takes me. Have had some small niggles:

1. Battery has died once despite it being permanently on trickle charger and driving at least once a fortnight for a decent distance, replaced under warranty.
    2. Oil pressure flashing error which an oil service under warranty cured.
    3. Auto-sensing wipers didn't work, sensor replaced under warranty.

Other than that, the car is epic. Easiest way I have of describing it is that it's literally the greatest thing I've ever owned. It doesn't really feel like a GT tbh and feels like it's as far at the sporting end of the spectrum as it can possibly be and still get away with calling itself a GT and realistically pushes over the boundary imo. Back seats are useless except for bags, would rather they got rid of them and gave a bit more legroom/boot space but hey ho. Handling is brilliant, sound is brilliant, tech is pretty good although a bit laggy but you get used to it, speed is brilliant.

Have an order in for a Lexus for when I just want to relax a bit more on the commute or when the family is going out. At the moment it's either 2 cars (Mrs has a Boxster) or an old Honda Civic I bought to teach kids how to drive with. Last car was an Audi A8 which was supremely comfortable but too wafty and the smart driving functions were a joke, before that was a GranTurismo Sport which was to me almost a perfect GT with the exception that it could've done with a smidgen more power.

fws357, Joe M and JHNurse like this.
  3. Lightening

Lightening Rookie

Oct 20, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ken Gee
    “It doesn't really feel like a GT tbh and feels like it's as far at the sporting end of the spectrum as it can possibly be and still get away with calling itself a GT and realistically pushes over the boundary imo” I agree with that comment- a GT wrapper/design but more a sports run around. Digital cockpit is the way to go, great style but not for long journeys.

4. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    I agree of the GT assessment as one thinks of Astons in that space. Ferrari characterizes it of more like an F8 in evening wear.

5. K1Spyder

K1Spyder Rookie

Mar 3, 2010
    Ft Luderdale
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Does anyone have a current price list of the Roma US and have you seen the new color F1-75 on the Roma

6. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Don't have a US price list but the F1-75 is stunning. Asked my sales guy about it, and was told it's a special range option which in the UK runs at £21,120. If they launch another V12 non-limited edition I'll try to get one in F1-75...

7. llk

llk Karting

Jan 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lewis Kasowitz
    F1-75 isn't particularly descriptive, maybe you can share a pic or a hint as to what it is for the benefit of those of us who aren't privileged to know the secret code.

8. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    It's the 75th anniversary colour that is on the formula 1 cars this year.

9. llk

llk Karting

Jan 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lewis Kasowitz
    Thanks!

10. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    Is ordering still open for the Roma?

11. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    There was a rumour in another thread that order books for the Roma had closed but the general consensus seemed to be that that was ********... so suspect you're fine. Catching up with my sales guy this afternoon so will ask him and update.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. l936w

l936w Rookie

Jun 10, 2022
    Is a hardcore Roma version planned?

NZCREW and llk like this.
  13. K1Spyder

K1Spyder Rookie

Mar 3, 2010
    Ft Luderdale
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I placed my order last August expecting Oct/Nov I can still make changes Ordered in Rosa Corsa but intrigued by F1-75 color.

Verum23 and sd dave like this.
  14. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
  15. PhoneClip

PhoneClip Karting

Oct 19, 2021
    F1-75 is a matte paint. I think it looks good on the F1 cars on TV but have not seen it in person yet. When I last enquired, my dealer did not have a paint sample yet.

16. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Spoke to my sales guy yesterday as mentioned, he says they're still taking orders for Roma's, didn't know how close they are to order books closing.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's definitely a GT, but on the sportier side than say an Aston Martin. It's a fantastic car for sure. It's comfortable, handles well, and fast enough. The best part for me is the ability to put my 8 year old in the backseat.

18. QZen

QZen Rookie

Aug 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Zen Ngam
    Does anyone expect Ferrari to put a V6 in the Roma within the next couple of years?

19. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Seriously? How tall are you? I'm 6'3 and with the seat pushed all the way back could ideally do with an extra inch or two but that leaves zero legroom in the rear. Personal opinion was anyone putting a human in the back is probably in breach of some UN convention on human rights!

Actualizer likes this.
  20. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Put our dog with harness in the back seat and during the ride she was freaking close to claustrophobia

I guess a human has zero chance back there…

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

21. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm 5'8" so works just fine for me. I can see how someone 6' and taller would be cramped for space.

redaxe likes this.
  22. SLC4S

SLC4S Karting

Jun 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    Nate
    So I've got zero experience as a ferrari buyer but spoke to a dealer yesterday for the first time about ordering a Roma. He says from deposit to delivery is likely about 2 years, that order banks will close soon but you can still order one. Couple of questions:
    1) In Porsche world I could shop around and find a dealer that may have an allocation sooner. Is this the same with ferraris or am I in the same cue no matter what dealer I use?
    2) If order banks are about to close on this car are you better off waiting to see whats next? Roma M? spyder? etc...

23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    So it depends where you live. If you are less than 100 miles from your closest Ferrari then you have to order a new car from him, being in his "territory". Outside of that range then you can contact the nearest dealer.
    IF you want a very specific build specification then you have to wait the time frame quoted. However there is sometimes the opportunity to buy a new "delivery mileage" Ferrari from any Ferrari dealership because the car is technically "used" and being offered for resale.
    Waiting for a new version of a model leaves you at a disadvantage because dealers typically reserve early deliveries for repeat buyers who have already purchased half a dozen or more new Ferrari models in recent times. Happy Hunting!

RamsHmb likes this.
  24. SLC4S

SLC4S Karting

Jun 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Got it thanks... I'm in LA where there are a lot of dealers within 100 miles but it looks like many of them fall under the same ownership group.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    There are 40+ Romas on cars.com, some 22's as well, might be worth looking to see if there is a spec that could work for you. I personally didn't want to wait the two years.

of2worlds likes this.