Ferrari ROMA | Page 42 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC

Personally, I don’t mind the 488, Pista, or AMG GT variants (vantage included). Sure, they don’t sound nearly as good as their NA ancestors, but they at least sound exciting, loud enough, and to my ears make a very nice sound. The same can’t be said for cars with GPF.

I will leave it at that as I don’t want to hijack this into another GPF thread. Just wondering if anyone had a chance to hear the Roma at the event?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  2. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    You reeeeeeally like this car, yes? LOL. Really hope you're getting one.

Very nicely done by the Ferrari design team. The rear is exquisite, taillights are sublime and very original.

Kick-up angle at the beltline of the quarter window should have been greater, I think, for a sportier look though this would be counter the design concept of long, lean and smooth.

Headlights a bit too convoluted and the bit extending to the grille is very BMW and not so original, as is the grille outline - halfway between a Fiat 124 and a Z4.

of2worlds and MDEL like this.
  3. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    AMG GTS sounds good for a turbo like big block V8. The 488 doesn't sound good/loud enough for me, a black GTB drove past on the street last weekend maybe 30-40 mph and I couldn't hear anything with my windows up and stereo on. Needs to have the exhaust valves pinned at the minimum I guess and would benefit from aftermarket exhaust.

Haven't heard Pista IRL yet.

4. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    I participated in a survey (paid $599 for 1 1/2 hours) sponsored by Ferrari

My sense is they are focusing on grabbing sports car customers from other brands (I have a 2017 NSX)

I love Ferraris but hate stuff like the dealers forcing you to buy a car you don't want to get a car you do want

I also hate nonrace team owner's cars with shields and refer to the shields as a poseur tax

Please note that unlike seemingly every intro, the Roma was promoted shields free (ok they had cars with shields too but I am taking this as a win)

5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Go to 1:10 and 1:45:

6. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I’ve owned a race team so guess I’m ok..

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    elmadi likes this.
  8. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    yes. the tubi in my f40 makes it sound just fine..... :)

elmadi, perrinnation and ryalex like this.
  9. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    really? only guys that own race teams, presumably teams that race ferraris, should be allowed to have shields on their cars?
    how preposterous (and pretentious).

mofatmi9, Bundy, jm2 and 6 others like this.
  10. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Perfect!

11. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    The Roma will NOT be offered with shields.

“Chief Design Officer Falvio Manzoni said the Roma would not carry a Ferrari badge on the side of the car.”

llk and G. Pepper like this.
  12. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    What do you mean?

13. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Both these have shields........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stavura and G. Pepper like this.
  14. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Tortora- Turtle Dove

15. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  16. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    For the production cars you will not be able to order with shields. The comment was made at a press briefing.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Last two Lusso orders were confirmed yesterday 14th November 2019.

Marcel Massini

elmadi, of2worlds and Astrid.Didier like this.
  18. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    What Ferrari says about this can be read in post #962.
    Ferrari stated the Bentley Continental is the competitor to the new Roma, not the Lusso.

Marcel Massini

elmadi, of2worlds and Astrid.Didier like this.
  19. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    As stated earlier already designer Flavio Manzoni explained that he had a hard time convincing top management to show the new Roma without shields. His goal was to demonstrate the clean, simple body lines, without any visual interruption. Roma needs no shields.

Marcel Massini

elmadi, RamsHmb, Bundy and 5 others like this.
  20. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Interesting how opinions differ. I think 812 is a great design, it is so dynamic and interesting and beautiful. In pictures, so much of the detail gets lost. I used to find it to be a mish-mash design as well till I saw it in person.
    I also believe that it has been designed for a very different brief, it is not meant to be a V12 GT but a V12 Sports-car and it fulfils the brief 100%. If you are looking for a 550 then that the 812 is not and its not meant to be even though the lineage is there.
    Regarding the Vantage, my in-person experience was exactly the reverse. It has lost all of the sexiness of its predecessor and become a in your face macho car without the performance to back up the looks. When I saw the new Aston in person, all I could think of is trying too hard and meh. The old one parked next to it still made some drool come out from the corners of my mouth :).
    Finally the Portofino, now that is a truly boring (conservative) design. I think Ferrari should really rethink the design of the hardtop, the current one makes the rear way too heavy. In fact, the Portofino made me appreciate the original California more!

day355 and R J like this.
  21. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    I've placed a pre-order for the Roma :D

elmadi, ARAUJO77, mofatmi9 and 7 others like this.
  22. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    I would like to... a used one though, not worth it buying brand new... it’s not a bad car as every1 bashes it... I want a genuine 4 seater F car and it is a perfect one

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

23. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    A very interesting video! For those who thinks it looks like an Aston and not a Ferrari, here are all the reasons why. And the video will show you how it's actually a timeless design by Ferrari!

Lazi-D, of2worlds, jm2 and 2 others like this.
  24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    THE DAY AFTER.

I like the car much more than Yesterday. Yes, it reminds a lot the Aston Martin DB11 (rear) and Jaguar F-type coupè (side), everyone expected the Maserati Alfieri before this Roma, but it's also a tribute to the Ferrari 250 GT Lusso, expecially in the front nose and engine bonnet. So: welcome to this very good looking Ferrari, a modern version of 250 GT Lusso.

And thank a lot to my source, mister #### from ####### Ferrari dealership, that told me how the car was: a Portofino (same Platform, wheelbase and engine) with a completely new, different and elegant body with a brand new interior and dashboard.

Picture from Wikipedia

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, of2worlds, R J and 2 others like this.
  25. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    A very interesting video! For those who thinks it looks like an Aston and not a Ferrari, here are all the reasons why. And the video will show you how it's actually a timeless design by Ferrari!

elmadi likes this.