Ferrari ROMA | Page 68 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Very well observed Jerry. The acid test will come with the Purosangue and if Ferrari passes it with distinction it will show they can walk ,chew gum while doing a ball juggling at the same time.

of2worlds, Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks Mario- those are all beautiful Ferraris!

When I see the Aston DBX, I have to admit I am worried. The DBX is a nice looking SUV, but its clearly Aston design just applied to a SUV shape- what else could they do? I don't know. Yet, I am not in any way excited by it. I am only speaking for myself here, but I would really like to see Ferrari do something much less banal. I would like to be somehow surprised...

of2worlds, sampelligrino and MDEL like this.
  3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    For the general public the new Roma will officially be presented at the upcoming Geneva International Motor Show GIMS early March 2020 in Switzerland.
    Ferrari had no presence/no stand at the IAA Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2019.
    Instead they celebrated at their Universo Ferrari in Maranello and Fiorano.
    This was so successful that Universo Ferrari will be repeated in 2020, probably in June (exact date not decided yet).

Marcel Massini

4. Bee Cave

Bee Cave Rookie

Mar 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dan Cornish
    I agree. In real life, the car is just beautiful. Also the presentation in Rome was amazing.

5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    So feminine and elegant next to the muscular and mighty 812. The Roma is girly...

6. Bee Cave

Bee Cave Rookie

Mar 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dan Cornish
    I disagree. Frank Sinatra, George Clooney, Marcello Mastroianni or Sean Connery are the types of guys who I imagine driving the Roma. Not girly at all. Elegant and sophisticated.

7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Whereas a racing driver would drive the 812. ;)

R J likes this.
  8. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    At least the DBX has its own distinct shape and platform. I get the feeling that its lines will be more pronounced when viewed in person. It is by far my favorite out of the current crop of super utility vehicles. The Bentley and the Lambo are just graphic updates pasted over Audi SUVs and the rolls looks like an actual tank. All three are disappointing in my opinion, but not the Aston.

While I don’t like the concept of a Ferrari SUV, I certainly am excited to see what they come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Lunch Bag and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    #1684 Astrid.Didier, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Guys there is no such thing " A girli car and a masculine car", the only problem with la ROMA that it looks like a more elegant copy of the Aston Martin DB11, that's why people like me will find it pointless to even think to buy la ROMA, especially if you already own an Aston Martin, so...why should anyone think to own an Aston Martin carrying the badge of Ferrari!!!!!!!

I think the Ferrari ROMA is for those who want an Aston Martin but also they don't want to buy an Aston Martin !! hhhhaa !!! That's stupidly funny, I think Manzoni destroyed Ferrari's reputation by copping another manufacture's design, that was really silly, senseless, ridiculous, nonsensical and foolish !!

10. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    #1685 Astrid.Didier, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Guys: You see that tablet?
    In personal, it looks very cheap, like if Ferrari was not able to adjust a proper full touch screen inside the beautiful interior in a proper way!!!!, also can't understand how they put the name of Ferrari on that cheap tablet, "made in china" type of tablet !!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi likes this.
  11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I like the Roma interior lines but I agree with you, the integration of the tablet in the console/dashboard could have been done in a much better way. The way it is done it looks the tablet is standing on a charger and personally I prefer better the full integration like the one Porsche has done.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Do you think it really makes sense to make this car bad in front of others?
    You don't like the car. Then live with it! Or do you think your arguments could prevent other people from liking the car? This will certainly not work!
    And the words silly, senseless, ridiculous, nonsensical and stupid are not the words that I associate with the design of this vehicle ...

Senad likes this.
  13. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    the tablet looks rigid to me.. not cheap.. thats why it is fat..
    and someone here sounds like a broken-radio.. turn off it please..

JotaEle, Senad and AD211 like this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Or Alfa for that matter.

[​IMG]

kandi and MDEL like this.
  15. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    I found it funny how someone who doesn't own a ferrari , and is so young to remember the iconic ones from 60 or 70ties gave them self a right to talk the most on the topic of the car that is just introduced.
    Older once can see some resemblance with those, younger for sure not.
    And to argue that something is made in China...wonder if the same phone you are typing is made over there also
    Not to mentioned that there was praising the car endlessly at the beginning, and then turn it for 180°.
    No bad feelings, but learn when to get a back seat.
    I follow chat for a year now, never said anything, because I haven't own one yet.
    But Roma will be my first one, then I can participate actively.
    Till then, will listen people who owed Ferraris for 20+ years, and advice you do that same.
    All the best

Shohruh, MANDALAY, Surfah and 5 others like this.
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @Astrid.Didier what do you really think of the new Roma? I think you don't like it, but I'm not sure.

;)

jpalmito likes this.
  17. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Depends if you read his posts from last week or last month. (Although both are difficult as he types like a teenage girl texting. Apparently is as fickle as one too).

AD211 and paulchua like this.
  18. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    The whole idee od Roma is , as i understood, to lure new costumers to the brand.
    I am one of them.
    It is not easy to get me out of my SUV, and this is my third one,
    but I am really in love, I really like Roma.
    I wanted to like some others, recent models, but I didnt,
    though I liked 458 Italia.
    To tell you the truth, those back seats, no matter how small, made a huge difference for me.
    I know that there is a Luso, and before it FF, and I went to see them with my son, they are imposing, but not for me...So I skipped.
    And I loved Ferraris, ever from my youth days, the 355 , testarossa, and my favorite F40.
    But when the time came that I can afford one... it just was not for me, I need a car that I can use every day, as a average, ordinary guy.
    So , hopefully, this one is the ONE.
    All the best,
    see u in one year,(or so) when it arrives

19. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    I had my notification turned on, because I want to read about Roma, to see photos, hear impressions from experts, from experienced members...
    Just to find out that most of the msg were written from people like me, who hadn't had a single Ferrari in their life.
    Seems like a teenage chat room for a while.

20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I love being told who did not design the car I own and basically being referenced as too old as to not be relevant. So much knowledge coming from this generation who know so little or nothing of the truth. Almost everything posted about F12, 812 and LaF is revisionist history. Do a little research on FChat and take yourself back to the exact dates these were introduced and discussed in real time then write your learned opinions.

JotaEle and LARRYH like this.
  21. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Making the car bad in front of the others, Sorry? would u plz follow my earlier messages, I'v said many times the car is so beautiful and so elegant, and after seeing it in person I still find it so beautiful and so elegant with just a few minor things, **** my only problem is that (the car is a typical Aston Martin carrying the badge of Ferrari), like if it was a very elegant copy of the Aston Martin DB11, some won't have any problem with that, some may have!, it's normal, but I repeat the car looks too elegant from outside and inside. I hope I'm clear!

22. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  23. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    The Ignore / Block feature can be a treasured friend.

24. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  25. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    However, some people in this forum have a different perception of what you said last. You assume that the Ferrari Centro Stile stole the design from Aston Martin, but I think that's exaggerated. The DB11 and the Roma compete in the same vehicle segment. Therefore there are similarities in design but in my opinion the design of the Roma is also very Italian in its own way. It's not just a simple copy of the Aston Martin.

Astrid.Didier likes this.