Ferrari ROMA | Page 82 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Its beutiful. But the digital interior/dash looks cheap. Interiors should have instruments that give an impression like fine watches.

the real question is will the drive at road speeds have a sense of occasion, or like too many moderns will it feel meh, another car.

Lesia44, Thomas S. and tomc like this.
  2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #2029 greyboxer, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    Earnings call today: Roma deliveries are slated to reach clients only in the fourth quarter

This usually means three in Europe just before Christmas (cf F8 etc)

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  3. Goodman

Goodman Rookie

Mar 2, 2015
    Brussels
    Full Name:
    George
    Are you an Aston Martin dealer?
    I do not consider pre owned cars except old-timer classics.

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure the Roma is what you want. The rear seat is tiny, it is not a real rear seat. You looked into the F8 because you wanted a Ferrari experience of a Ferrari sportscar. Don't even think the Roma will cut it close. Judging by the mere 620 ps and the fact that it is made for people who are scared of driving a Ferrari and what else was said at the launch, leads me to believe that it is a limp wristed excuse for a Ferrari.
    If you want the "family Ferrari" get a Lusso V12. That's a real Ferrari and your best option if you don't think the two seat configuration is what you want. Considering the fact that Ferraris now a days, are not difficult to drive, the fact that Ferrari then makes a car they call easy to drive for those afraid of driving a Ferrari, means it's a numb disaster of a car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The Roma GTO whenever if ever it appears may be interesting.
    Agreed with the limp wristed comments about cars people afraid to drive.

Lets see how its cooked, it sure is elegant and beautiful, and its not lacking in power, plus its not too heavy.
    As a road car it may make sense.

6. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    #2034 Astrid.Didier, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    No, I'm not.
    And I can totally agree with Mr Co-Pilota, it's exactly what I wanted to say, "you wanted a Ferrari experience of a Ferrari sport-scar. Don't even think the Roma will cut it close". ...very well said!

But If all you want is a family car get a Lusso, or even a Bentley GT. I personally vote for the Bentley over the Lusso ;)! ** Ferrari doesn't make more Lussos anyway!:D

7. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Ferrari ROMA a Roma!!

elmadi, SAT4RE and isot like this.
  8. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Photoshop?
    T

10. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    "mere 620 ps"
    my dear , you are saying this like your daily driver is Veyron :).
    This "mere 620 ps" is 50 more than 458 Italia , and even more than Speciale.
    Also it's not to heavy, so I sure it will drive and feel like a Ferrari, and it will be best in its class.
    F8 , however, remains a class above.

Regarding a back seats, I am sure they can accommodate kids, which is more than enough for me, I don't plan to sit in them my self.

Goodman, rravu and 008 like this.
  11. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Money pays everything, unbelievable...

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Please refrain from addressing me like that.
    What a silly and childish assumption. Yes the Speciale has 605 ps or so, but it is lighter and sharper. Like I have said before, I don't find the power of the 458 that exciting anymore. The body and mind get used to speed and accelleration etc. and that's the result of that. I'm in the 488/Pista camp, so the 458 means little to me. I'm with those whom don't really get the 458 hype. Not sure what you are used to, but if you have an Aston Martin Roma coming, good for you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    #2041 Senad, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    You want me to refrain and and I very next sentence you accuse me that I behave silly and childish?!
    How grownup behavior from your side .

Still it won't make me look at you as you are former F1 driver.

if Roma is not good for you, mind you, let us who likes it/plan to place an order discuss it.
    I refrain to discuss Pista, or similar models, though I like them very much, because i don't plan to get one, and have not driven one.
    No one yet has tested Roma, so let us all refrain from commenting how it is not a "proper" Ferrari.
    If it is reminding you on AM, that is your view, me , I find it very very beautiful.
    To each it's own choice.
    Have a nice day.

JotaEle and rravu like this.
  14. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    I guess Mr. Il Co-Pilota was just trying to help and he was just telling you the truth! The F8 is way far superior car to the entry level ROMA. The ROMA is pretty but it's SOFT and more of an Aston than a Ferrari.

If you are going to buy your first Ferrari EVER! then go for the F8. This is a true Ferrari!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Back on ignore you go. Goodbye.

16. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    but F8 comes with a different price tag

17. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Wow....this forum is a head scratcher. I get those of u that feel this is an Aston knock off but we have heard you and point is made...let’s get on w it. this is a forum about the roma not just a hate fest. We don’t all need to be fan boys but I, for one, love it. I have owned and presently do own a number of f cars and liking one doesn’t mean u have to dislike all others. I love my 812 and I am sincerely excited about having a Roma in the garage....I think it’s stunning and I have no doubt it will be magnificent. Almost all Modern f cars can be “soft” and Then ferocious with the turn of the M and the application of the accelerator....that’s what makes them so brilliant And the whole discussion of whether a 488 or 458 is a True f car over all others seems a bit silly to me. If anything the 812 (or F12 before it, etc) could be argued as closer to the original given the 12 cylinders but having been fortunate enough to own all the above I can say, imho, they are all wonderful cars and they are true Ferrari’s that serve different purposes but are equally fantastic. Maybe we can get back to the merits of the new Roma Forza Ferrari

Lunch Bag, JotaEle, gt_lusso and 5 others like this.
  18. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    Yeah, no point to discuss anything with you,
    I wasn't the one being rude here.
    but,
    go on be ignorant, your choice.

008 likes this.
  19. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    well said sir, that is my point.
    Thank you

RamsHmb likes this.
  20. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    O have no doubt that f8 is a sharper, faster, and in a way better car.
    But I need something different, and can't have both.
    Also don't doubt Roma will amaze not only me but also many of a die hard also.
    It is more on DIFFERENT level , I would say , than ENTRY level, 620 ps is still respectable, specifically in a Ferrari.

Used to own one 2+2 gt car and I still love it and feel sad that I sold it.
    I simply fell in love with Roma.
    To each their own, as I said.
    Respect to all of you, thanks

21. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    #2050 Astrid.Didier, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    The ROMA is a good choice as an entry level Ferrari, BUT it wont fit for your children, it's impossible, the rear seat is too tiny exactly like the DB9, but I have no children and I won't have any, so I find the the ROMA is OK. But of-course I'd take the F8 over it anytime, and if you really want a family GT car, a car you can use it day and night, in the very HOT weather of Kuwait city, with the Bentley GT V8, you can't go wrong! ;) ;)