Ferrari 'SEE RED' Donington Park 11/12 Sept | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 'SEE RED' Donington Park 11/12 Sept

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ferrari355gtb, Jul 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which day ?

1. Sat

2. Sun

3. both

4. will be going bot not sure which day!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. markcp

markcp Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    North London
    Full Name:
    Mark Parsons
    I only managed to pop in for a few hours, and was a good turnout, albeit maybe not as good as previous years. I didn't manage to put any names to faces, but the following really did stand out:
    - Simon's lambo - what was being done to the rear wheel - hope it wasn't too serious!
    - Rays 348 - couldn't believe how clean it was!
    - Zonda.
    - F40's - as ever the most stunning cars.
    - F50's, cool plate on the english car.
    - Enzo.

The day really did focus my mind to continue saving towards a 348.

2. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    It was won by the scruffiest car there, a Jag Mk2 (or could have been a Daimler 250V8 cant remember which)

My dad's car was the light blue Gordon Keeble.

I think the prizes were based on which car clubs give the most business to AON (AON are havily involved with the Jag owners Club and the Alpha owners club (who came second surprise surprise))

Anyone know who the Enzo owner was? Apparently he also owned the 550 Barchetta on display as well. Fantastic number on the Enzo - EN20. Probably worth more than many of the cars there.

3. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    The owner is called Barry, but I shall not publish his last name. He owns the Enzo, an F40, the 550, a 360M, a 512TR and a 512M, all in red and all immaculate.

Totally top bloke, went to his house last weekend for a FOC BBQ.

4. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Davey you are right I did not want to grizzle as people might think it was sour grapes As you know i know a bit about Concours and having looked quite closely at all the cars i would have said it was between your dads Gorden Keeble (i complemented him on the car ) The Porshe ,Morris Minor,Bently (dark blue)and myself But none of us were even in the top three Mugged i think

RAY360M

5. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    There were a few mutterings in the marquee following the decision Ray and I think a few people were quite rightly mugged of a prize. The bad thing was that the prizes were for the owners club and not to the individual owners themselves so it wasnt out of self interest (although the owners did get 1 years free insurance)

Never mind it's the taking part that counts.

I couldnt work out the MR2 that was there. It was absolutely immaculate but I cant understand why anyone would put so much care and effort into a car like that. It was a fantastically prepared car but I just couldnt muster any enthusiasm for it at all.

Your 348 looked fantastic by the way Ray and it's CV of wins was very impressive.

6. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    That car of your dads was really nice and he is very well versed on Gorden Keebles The thing i did not know was the Ferrari influence When you look at the rear of the car it sure looks like the 275 era When he reversed in we both thought it was an early Ferrari The light blue really suits the car The only thing i slightly disagree with you is re "taking part that counts" HAHA

RAY360M

7. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    #257 Dem, Sep 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017