Ferrari Service? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Service?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by jlonmark, Jul 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Just wondering where everybody goes for service?? I used to take my 348 to Servecio Lexus and they were terrible! I mean they got the job done, but they had no problem with charging super high retail. Just wondering if there are any good independent shops on the islands.

2. wbc

wbc Karting

Sep 21, 2007
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I had to chuckle when I read that you took your Ferrari to a Lexus dealer for service. It's possible your bill reflected the fact that since a Lexus mechanic doesn't see a Ferrari on his rack every day, that you paid for his time while he tried to figure out what was what before he actually got to work. I'd also question the quality of the parts and fluids used as well as torque specifications, etc.

The lead Ferrari technician at Ferrari of Hawaii, Aron Inouye, is one of a handful of Ferrari Certified Master Technicians in North America and will perform the service you require in an expert and efficient manner. He'll do what's needed, advise you if additional items should be addressed and talk to you about any concerns you may have.

I wouldn't go to an eye surgeon for hemorrhoids and suggest you steer clear of Lexus/Toyota dealerships for Ferrari service.

3. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #3 Kevin Rev'n, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    I believe that the service manager for the Ferrari dealership has posted on here before too so they are accessible and are aware that this community is out there keeping an eye on them. This is a good thing IMO. If your car is older you may be able to contact Larry "Sowest" on here to get an opinion from an indy repair guy too.
    Aloha

4. Gerald

Gerald Rookie

Nov 23, 2003
    Anaheim, Ca
    Full Name:
    Gerald B.
    Aron came to Maui to work on my 430 Spider. He is very competent and did a great job. He also has a very good reputation within the Ferrari network. You would have to save a lot, which I do not think is going to happen, before I would have someone else work on my cars.