Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 146 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  2. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Love when journalists are having fun, makes these videos way more entertaining to watch. Great review too.

Igor Ound and of2worlds like this.
  3. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    A lot of haters here. I understand- we are leaving the old world- which we so love- behind. Sound is important- and it is being taken away- due to regulations. The car is beautiful- and there are some debatable design elements- for me the horizontal lines extending from the headlights. In the context of today’s world of turbos and particle filters, this car- as a road car- is a standout. IMO- it will be exceptionally well received in the future. Net/ net most opportunities don’t appear to be- at the time. I recently placed my deposit and I expect to be laughing last.

F140C, Igor Ound, stavura and 3 others like this.
  4. dimwitrhino

dimwitrhino Rookie

Jul 24, 2016
    Denver
  5. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    1900kg sports car that represents the pinacle of the ferrari standard line. Really, how can a 1900kg car be called a sports car? Can't Ferrari really do better? No wonder Leclerc's company car (he can have whatever model he wants) is a Pista...

6. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    It was like this when new models comes out that's quite different, it always seem to happen. I didn't like the way the Enzo looked when it first came out with that big nose, and the LaFerrari with the bug like look... but now like both. The older the person, the more likely they hate new designs too

cesman, F140C, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  7. Felix Winqvist

Apr 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    F. Winqvist
  8. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I much prefer the old Camaro and Corvette taillights of the F8...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  9. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    of2worlds likes this.
  10. victorg

victorg Rookie

May 2, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Victor Gonzalez
    Hated the aesthetics, won't be getting one of those for sure.

11. Felix Winqvist

Apr 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    F. Winqvist
  12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    perrinnation likes this.
  13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Question to anyone who has ordered a SF90 Given all the electrical issues that Ferrari has on the latest models aren't you even worried about the electrics ?
    Do you believe they have solved issues there were never ever concerned to fix in the previous models. Like I pointed out Led's staying on even when the car is off ?
    Are you not concerned that there is only a 3 year warrantee on a car that might need a new battery at a price most likely 30% + the price of the car ?
    Doesn't it pxss you off that Kia will give an 8 year battery warrantee on the Kona ? But on the SF90 only 3 years.

Lets not mention then the LB which will be much greater in volume of cars. And hell if you look at the location of the battery I really wonder how it can be removed ???

14. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    No, no and no. These are small batteries that are relatively in expensive. They are supplementary to the twin turbo V8. They will likely last a long time especially because these cars will not be used as daily’s.

Ferrari learned from the La Ferrari. Porsche, BMW and many other manufacturers have been making hybrids for many years. in other words, it’s not so new and untested.

Are there more risks at the cutting edge? Sure. There always are.

Obviously, the car isn’t for you. At least not until your concerns are satisfied.

I’ll take mine in red- now. :)

15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Have you looked at the pictures internally ?

Its one massive battery sitting behind the seats Space that was available on the 458,488,F8,pista is now gone. The seats if pulled to far back now hits the Shell

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Learned ? ask the LaF owners that had to change their batteries, then ask every 488 GTB including me and Now Pista owners what they think about electrics of their cars

16. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    What’s wrong with your car’s electrics? My F12 and 458 have been perfect.

17. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    And- the La Ferrari was a 1st generation hyper car- about 7 years ago. If I remember correctly- my dealer just told me the smaller electric motors for that car is only about $12k. The SF90 is 7 years later, regular production with only small cheaper electric motors. Also- I’m told the motors that are now having problems weren’t used enough- low mileage - in other words they will last longer if driven.

Of course- even with the La Ferrari specific issues- the car is a home run based on its market value which incorporates all of these known issues.

Funny thing- just like Tesla- most people don’t understand the significance of this technology. People were shorting Tesla stock at 1/10 the current stock price suggesting they wouldn’t even remain solvent. I think most people just don’t understand what’s happening.

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Jump to the other threads and you see how many dead batteries there are. Dont have it permanently on the charger and its dead.Stop at a petrol station and your battery is dead. Error messages out of the blue. List is endless with ild say its not if it will happen but more likely when. Ild say Everyone gets caught.
    This doesn't happen with any other brand
    Add battery power to the Ferrari , not interested. And if your one of the first SF90 God help you. I have ZERO confidence in their electrical system. I would be happy to be proven otherwise but frankly its Sxit. If FERRARI Has confidence why not a 7 year warrantee on the whole car ?
    7 year service we all know how they have changed that and Backflipped. They know they will have issues. 3 years is OLD NEWS. Look at every other manufacturer. Even Maclaren is scared they don't even have extended service.

19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    You are talking about motors I'm talking about the Battery, that's $250 k USD if its dead. Lets see what the F8 replacement will be . Most likely the same. Absolutely crazy.
    Tesla will be gone in a couple of years. They will be overrun by all the other manufacturers

20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    o_O o_O o_O and how many years have you and others been saying that??? :p :p :p Never bet against Elon Musk! In Musk We Trust :D

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Im glad that you support him. He does need his followers . Gee even one of our states let him build a battery grid.

But the competition is coming and that will be the end.

22. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    These are high performance cars. They are not appliances. You can have seven year warranties on low performance appliances. Race cars are expensive to maintain. Performance comes at a cost. Enjoy your Hyundai- I’m sure they have many happy customers.

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  23. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    NO, I am talking batteries. These small batteries are not expensive relative to the cost of the car. It’s not $250k if it’s dead- LOL. Under $20k, maybe under $10k. This is the future- battery costs are being driven down.

Tesla will be gone? They could raise all the capital they want at a $300- 400 billion market cap. Gone? Not going to happen. I wouldn’t invest my money here- and they will be around indefinitely.

I hope nobody buys this car. I would like to be one of a just a few. Mclaren F1? 126 (?) made because almost no demand. Perfect.

24. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Are you complaining about a $400 battery? Upgrade to a lithium. Really?