Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 79 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    that last picture with the 'steped' front bumper is just ugly imo. the front would have been better without those ledges under the headlights. also that little black/unpainted part at the front facing area of the front wheel arch visually makes the wheel clearance/fitting looks very off. the 'f1-style' front wing is also a bit too protruded and makes the front looks too long.

i agree though that the car looks better without two tones.

Attached Files:

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #1952 REALZEUS, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Have they confirmed 1850 kilos? Please bring on the link.
    Also, are you at Vettel's level? I have done some racing myself, but I cannot tell 1500 kilos from 1600 kilos ON DIFFERENT CARS (of course I can tell a 8% weight difference on the same car)...

3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Actually most of the time you will have 1000 HP. Above 210 kph you will have about 845 HP.

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I have no beef, since I don't own either, but I am pretty sure than an SF90 Stradale will destroy a Pista in Monza, or Spa...

F2003-GA and Lukeylikey like this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1955 Shadowfax, Jul 28, 2019
    Couldn't care less what sf90 can destroy or on what track. All the hp in the world isn't going to substitute for an un-stylish design with a kerb weight which belongs on an suv. As a so called sports car it's a disaster on virtually every level. If it came down making a choice between a 720 and sp90 (god forbid) I would buy a used 720 any day of the week over this and for a fraction of the cost. The 720 is far more appealing visually - and that's really saying something - and it doesn't have the complications of a hybrid drive. I also suspect the electronic issues will also be less on the non-hybridized Mac.

tekaefixe and Ohanoune like this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Design is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to like both the SF 90's and the F8's design.

A "so called" sports car proves itself on the road and the track.

perrinnation and stavura like this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1957 Shadowfax, Jul 28, 2019
    If you like the design I'm happy for you but in my eyes Ferrari need to change their design team immediately. It's an absolute shocker for a Ferrari. F8 otoh is a relatively attractive car with a clearly more resolved design and will have more than adequate performance.

A sports car is inherently light, agile, fast, and stylish, 3 elements which SF90 is most certainly not.

As a Ferrari owner it's very disappointing for me to say this but from what I can see - and I've had ample time to try and adjust to the various photos and angles in a range of colors - Ferrari has failed miserably on this occasion. And, I say this having utmost respect for the brand.

Ohanoune likes this.
  8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Weight is a relevant value. A Supermarine Spitfire weighed some 3 tonnes fully armed and loaded. The best air superiority fighters today (the Russian Sukhoi Su-57 and the American Lockheed Martin F22) weigh 10 times that!!! Do you really think that the ole Spit would have a chance against a 5th gen fighter in a dogfight? ;)

Do you also think that the the SF90 will not be fast/quick? I am willing to bet money that it will be a lot quicker than a Pista around a track.

Subjective judgement.

stavura and jpalmito like this.
  9. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    ...and Fiorano.

REALZEUS and jpalmito like this.
  10. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I like the SF90. More in fact than the F8, both cars I have ordered. The front of the SF90 I’m less wild about but I loved the rear and general prortions at the launch, especially the AF version in Ferro. Pista I expect to feel different to the SF90, more raw. But the SF90 will be quicker around almost any track. It will have a better power to weight ratio, better and more definable torque delivery, four wheel drive and four wheel torque vectoring. The weight will not feel ‘heavy’ in the normal way, it will manifest itself more in the feeling that the car is bullying the track. This is different to the Pista which will ‘dance’ more but both will feel legitimately aggressive and sporty, just each having a different take. It’s perfectly fine to not prefer the ‘bullying the track’ feeling but does anyone really think the SF90 won’t feel sporty? I think such doubts will turn out to be misplaced.

x z8, REALZEUS, mofatmi9 and 3 others like this.
  11. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    You can tell 1500 (Pista) to 1850....

12. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    No, hot lap lasts 2 laps maybe after that no more juice so wait until recharge or no 1000hp.

BarryK and Shadowfax like this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Fully agree with you minus one point ,
    Rafale is the best superiority fighter today not F22 or SU57.
    ( hey I'm French)

14. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    So you mean it will feel like a Nissan GT-R? Fat ass but surprisingly high grip?

15. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    tekaefixe likes this.
  16. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
  17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1967 Shadowfax, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    An air craft is not an automobile. An automobile has tires. Weight = bye bye tires. Laws of physics also take over... It may lap faster than a lighter and less powerful Pista but that situation will be very short lived....very.

Agree on the subjective topic of appearance but to my eyes this cars styling resembles something somewhere between a shoe and a boat. So much so I bet that if SP90 wore a Lada Niva badge or a Hyundai badge the design would not receive any love from the Ferrari loyalists here whatsoever - instead ridicule and criticism. It's really quite astonishing what a badge can allow a brand to get away with. Truly astonishing.

I was also truly hoping the passage of time would have allowed the many misgivings of the design to soften (given that it wears the Ferrari moniker) and, to take on a more attractive appearance as say what has happened to a larger extent with F8, however the opposite has happened and SF90 is unfortunately looking worse and worse the more i look at it. I foresee this car will see a level of depreciation never seen before in the entire history of the Ferrari brand.

Ohanoune, BarryK and tekaefixe like this.
  18. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    This!

The second hand market in this car will be a slaughter... it won’t be pretty.
    Ferrari always lies about weight in their cars, the Pista already weighs 1587kg now imagine this porker...

Again I hope mac makes a 1030hp hybrid with 1550/1600kg so Ferrari finally realizes they need to address the weight problem.

Ohanoune and Shadowfax like this.
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1969 Shadowfax, Jul 29, 2019
    The current design fail has effectively supercharged brands like Maclaren and if LB follows the same design/weight theme it's game over for Ferrari. Even if I had a lazy 1 or 2 million to shred I definitely wouldn't park it in this ugly porker regardless of all the fancy wining dining and corporate backslapping I may have been indulged and subjected to in their wooing process. No wonder they threw the kitchen sink at the grand opening event. I noticed even "the car guy" was a no taker.....was like thanks, but no thanks.

Ohanoune likes this.
  20. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Yes, especially if in the future all cars will be electric and no car maker will make their own electric engines so the only defining thing will be styling, aero and WEIGHT!!

Shadowfax likes this.
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1971 Shadowfax, Jul 29, 2019
    That's pretty well the score. Styling, weight and driving dynamics will be what defines the true leader. But for now, whilst Hybrid is still in play, it appears there really is no substitute. With the whole industry on the eve of moving into electric, cars like SF90 and the likes are skating on very thin ice and can certainly ill afford to look like this.

tekaefixe likes this.
  22. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    BarryK and Shadowfax like this.
  23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1973 Shadowfax, Jul 29, 2019

I just don't know how the owners are going to be able to track this car and keep enough enough tires on hand to last the day out. It will certainly prove a costly car to track or exercise in the hills with such massive power and weight to contend with. I honestly couldn't imagine it holding a candle to my much less powerful .23rs up or down a mountain pass. My bet is SF90 would be a smoldering mess by the time it gets to the top or bottom....I'm talking a grueling 100 km run point to point through the tight stuff, not some pathetic run around a 5 km long circuit. And if by some chance or miracle it managed to hold pace - which I honestly doubt - it would need re shoeing at destination end points. So basically it's just a very heavy and questionable looking badge which will drop like an A bomb. And then there is the unknown reliability....probably arrive with the dash lit up like a Christmas tree from all the nannies fighting to keep it out of the trees. Yep this one certainly is not for me at any money.

Ohanoune likes this.
  24. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Bullseye! This people this!!

First of all it can’t hold a candle to pure driving pleasure with something like the 991.2 GT3 RS, pure bliss (it’s almost a race car).
    And the pace of the .2 GT2 in the conditions you describe forget about the SF90! The fat ass would destroy tires in half the time you mention, and I’m not even talking about the heat, batteries cables, electronics and bla bla bla.
    Honestly I even imagine in a serious driving weekend like we do sometimes in Italy (Bormio, Stelvio and back the whole day, and repeat the next day) that the car would just break or some electronic go wrong or even full electric power off (because of cooling) and now you only have 780hp for 1850kg.
    Really, if sometimes older cars in the group break (308, F430, and even scuderia’s) this super electronic and heavy car will face some problems specially because it’s the first of its kind and will have a lot of electric ghosts to be fixed/improved for the next model.

This is us kicking ass, you can see a Pista and my car too
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ohanoune, BarryK and Shadowfax like this.
  25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    No it will not deliver the senses which come with 3rs that's 100% for certain. This is it, THE most important thing, and, what these cars are (supposed to be) all about, but now the direction of ferrari has become completely lost, now aimless in a no mans land fighting for badge recognition as a status symbol instead of delivering a reliable pure driving experience. Pista and F8 appear to be end of the road. This new sf90 barge is sadly a lost cause for the badge whores to fight over and hold up as a pseudo status symbol....using big hp numbers and a one or 2 lap time trial to brag over a bottle of scotch at the bar in the course of a drunken pissing contest.

Ohanoune and tekaefixe like this.