Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 86 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I felt quite similar to this - the nose was the more challenging part of the car. It was a genuine surprise to me when people (usually commenting from photos rather than having seen it in person) said they disliked the rear of the car, which looks good in the flesh IMO. The whole car looks better in AF spec and the nose is easier on the eye in Grigio Ferro as per the launch AF car.

gzachary and SoCal to az like this.
  2. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    #2127 Ohanoune, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    The whole design is a carp. Except for its side view which is the only part I find beautiful.
    The interior = a true ferrari masterpiece
    The nose = not bad but it's not beautiful though.
    As for the rear end, it is a whole another story, the ugliest rear end of any ferrari EVER, which is NOT connected to Ferrari DNA or even to the rest of the car design itself. Add to it that cheap Chevy Camaro tail light. RIP SF90 stradale.

3. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    some dont like the nose, some the ass, damn, that's an ugly ***** but with a nice heart. Still wont take her out.....

Roland1688 and Ohanoune like this.
  4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Why is the Sf90 narrower than the F8?

Ohanoune likes this.
  5. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    And it's a lot heavier!

6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Makes up for that in power but thought it would have been larger like Aventador/huracan

Ohanoune likes this.
  7. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Hahahaha!! Autocorrect??

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

polishhammer83 likes this.
  8. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I am still amazed at the number of negative comments on the car. The only thing I will say, is “if you haven’t seen the car live, reserve your judgement”, as I believe you may eat your words once you see it. There are many SF90 photos on this chain that I do not like. Also some colours are not particularly flattering, this is a VERY colour sensitive car. However I have seen the car live and in the right colour it is mind-blowing. I did not fall in love with the grey Asseto Fiorano car, but I was bowled over by the Rosso car. The Rosso SF90 with the interior from the Asseto Fiorano car is a heavenly combination and I would challenge anyone who sees one to call it ugly...
    I can also say - having spoken to dozens of them- that the vast majority of people present at the launch thought the car is beautiful.
    If you’ve seen it live and don’t like it, I fully respect your opinion. If you haven’t, I suggest you wait.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Im really hoping that works out as you wrote. I have a really hard time with the rear and rear 1/3 portion. Too much going on there but i havent seen it. And most of the photos so far are of cars with 2 colors which dont help at all (IMO). But i remember finding the Enzo ugly on that first picture by the Wind Tunnel..And lately i have started to appreciate the Mclaren Senna (in some specs..) after seeing a few IRL. So i'll wait.

10. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    It won't work, trust me, u 'll hate that rear end more and more. It's exactly what happened with me and others. *But you will love its interior, the interior is a masterpiece, lots of futuristic touch-buttons but still very true to the brand heritage UNLIKE the exterior which is a complete mess.

11. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
  12. 330i

330i Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
    #2140 330i, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

From Pebble Beach.
    As it has been very well said, please reserve your judgement on this car till you have seen it in person. I liked the car very much. I really do. It understand why there is so much angst against this car...but I guess every great design is polarizing.

It is a big step forward from the current designs and it makes the F8 look not so good.

The front is the best part for me - 3/4 is excellent, but it has a great line from the side as well. The rear is actually good looking albeit somewhat busy. I think a black roofed Assetto Fiorano car will make for a great spec with or without the center line.

The engine is really placed extremely low in the chassis, great for CG placement.

It is a car that will be extremely successful and please let’s not forget that hybrids are the future as many cities in the world as getting ready to ban ICE from city centers. It is the first production plug-in performance hybrid ever introduced, reinstating Ferrari technological edge - it impresses me that they are using the Emotors to reverse the car, eliminating the reverse gear.

Finally, I cannot wait to get HOV stickers on the car...

elmadi, italiafan, TSOYBELIS and 11 others like this.
  13. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No- the whole design is not crap. The rear end looks great, the side profile looks great- its just the tip of the nose that I dont like but thats just my opinion. The rear end looks nothing like a chevy- the car will sell well and its a very nice evolutionary design keeping the 488 design language in tact.

So if you have not seen the car in person, its hard to take comments such as yours seriously.

350MH83, RyanFoH, Lukeylikey and 2 others like this.
  14. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    After those photos from Pebble, the SF Stradale looks even more weird to me (whereas the Tributo looks better and better). IMO the design of that Stradale (SF90 Stradale) will age badly. Hope that this is one-time "freak" design from Ferrari.

Ohanoune likes this.
  15. Terzeus1

Terzeus1 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2019
    Czech Republik
    Full Name:
    Karel Steiner
    elmadi, stavura and REALZEUS like this.
  16. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Sounds like what I was thinking when I saw FF.
    That car even though it was super to drive is painful to look at.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Ohanoune likes this.
  17. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    So you don’t like the car? Not sure you’ve made your position clear ... please tell us AGAIN!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Hahaha!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    fil and REALZEUS like this.
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  21. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    When I was growing up I had the F50 on my bedroom wall, only to read in magazines how journalists thought it was ugly, heavy and slow. Nowadays that car is some what revered as one of the greats. The SF90 I think is a bold design and credit to Manzoni for not playing it safe with the rear end. This car is about a new frontier not just for Ferrari but the whole segment. You just have to look at how Lamborghini are struggling to figure out their new hybrid supercar (delayed by 2 years) to appreciate what an achievement the Stradale is for Ferrari. Im sure after a few test drives it will prove to be a real high watermark for regular production super sports cars. Ferrari don’t get it wrong very often. Blinded by brand loyalty? Perhaps but there’s a reason for the loyalty.

350MH83, Thecadster, matt0 and 3 others like this.
  22. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    [​IMG]
    BTW, there was a discussion about "boomerangs" in corvette c8's design. Now guess what, especially in this picture, looks like "boomerangs" are even more substantial to SF Stradale design.
    I'd love to love the newest Ferrari "flagship", because the common word is it's a real bargain for the performance, and anyone can get it (even without Ferrari history), but with such styling (and transient technology) and AWD) my inner soul says no :(

Ohanoune likes this.