Ferrari Show Sarasota July 9th | FerrariChat

Ferrari Show Sarasota July 9th

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Sloan83qv, Jun 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    #1 Sloan83qv, Jun 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Scuderia Sarasota,

The Ringling Museum of Art (Sarasota) will be having its annual Italian Festival on Saturday July 9th from 11am to 4pm (see attached PDF file) which celebrates all things Italian and that includes the best cars in the world. The festival is for all ages so bring the Family.

You are therefore invited to display your Ferrari, Lambo , Maserati ....etc.........on the grounds of the Museum, in return you and your immediate family will be admitted for the days events free of charge. The Museum has assured me that security for the cars will be provided.

Your car will need to arrive at 10am.

If you're interested in displaying your car please contact me at [email protected]

Paul
    www.ferrarisrq.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    We are planning a family cookout after the event at one Scuderia Sarasota members home.

The response has been great and I expect we could have 20 or more cars for this informal fun show.

Thanks

Paul

3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Looks like this is shaping up nice.

I'm definately going to try and make it and bring some Scuds in tow.

BHW

4. Harta320

Harta320 Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill Smith
    Alright!! Finally an event I can make. Hopefully I will have my shock back and the car on the road by then.

Bill Smith

5. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Bill,

Where you been?

Shock??? Just put a 2x4 in its place

Paul

6. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Barton,

I can put up the out of town SCUDS.....so let me know.

Sounds like a meeting at the Cheetah is about to happen.

7. Harta320

Harta320 Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill Smith
    I have been waiting on that damn shock for over a month now. Driving me crazy. If I knew it was going to take this long I would have just bought a new one. Should be here next week. So they are saying.

I'll bee out there soon enough. I still have to figure out why my car is running rich plus I have been to a couple of weddings a funeral and oh yea work. LOL

How is that beast of your running? Can't wait to see the progress.
    See ya soon

Bill

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I'm trying to round up some troops here Paul.

We've got the USGP viewing party at Speed Indoor Racing next weekend and we'll be able to get the word out to a captive audience there.

Thanks for the offer, we'll see how it all works out.

BHW

9. Z1Doctor

Z1Doctor Karting

May 26, 2005
    On the Water
    Full Name:
    CatchMe
    Hoping to see the silver mistress at this event.

10. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    I am hoping to bring the "silver mistress", the timing seems good for that to happen.

11. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Update,

Scuderia Sarasota response has been great, on top of that I have put out an invitation to the Southeast Pantera Club and their response has been very good as well. The Alfa/Fiat Club (Evan) will also be bringing a strong contingent. I just put an invite out to the Kim in Naples for him and his group to come....hope they will.

And Lambos will be making a showing as well.

This is the 3rd year that the Ringling Museum has put on the Italia Day Event so the Public turnout will be great.

Scroll down for show info but remember this a fun showing of cars and there is NO JUDGING taking place.

We will have an after the show late lunch/ early dinner at Primo Ristorante in their private banquet room (just up the street from Museum), the Fiat/Alfa and the Pantera group will be joining us for Pizza and more.

This dinner will take the place of the normal dinner, as the July 4th is the first Monday. So even if you don't make the show come to the Dinner at Primo.

Please let me know if you wish to attend both the show and dinner or one or the other only.

[email protected]

Paul
    Scuderia Sarasota,

12. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Just moving thread back up.

Great Turnout Expected both car wise and Public.

paul

13. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
  14. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Batman (Silly Logo) is coming how about the rest of you SCUDS, free place on the beach to stay as well. An offer only to scuds!

I meet with Museum people tomorrow and will update info.
    This is a FUN Show.

15. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Dang it! I will be in Canada for this one. I will have to make it to the shark coast sometime this year for a show or get together.
    BT

16. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Dang.. will be up here in DC that weekend. Looks like a good time though.

-R

17. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I'm in.

We'll be announcing the event tonight at the AllOUT Exotics Jet Set Party so we may be able to hook a few of the guys in.

BHW

18. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Open to ALL ITALIAN MAKES

19. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    The Ringling Museum expects 3000 people to attend the festival and they have given us a great place to display in the festival. More to come.

20. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    The Ringling Museum of Art "Italian Festival" A Family Festival celebrating
    all things Italian.

We are expecting in excess of 40 confirmed Auto's including Ferrari, Alfa,Fiat, Pantera, Lamborghini and Maserati's, and Iso as well as Ducati Motorcycles and Vespa Scooters. (not bad for 1st year car show event with
    only 6 weeks notice...thanks to everyone especially Evan (Fiat/Alfa and Chris (Pantera).

I met yesterday with Allison Larkin of the Ringling Museum and inspected the area for the car display (Which is right in the middle of the festivities on a grassy field completed shaded (all day) under huge oaks and banyan trees).
    The Festival is expected to draw some 3000 guests.

IT IS NEVER TO LATE TO PARTICIPATE... LAST MINUTE PARTICIPANTS ARE WELCOME. THIS IS A "FUN" SHOW WITH 3000 paying spectators and it all benefits the
    Ringling Museum.

For those that are participating in the show here are the specifics:

The Festival time for public is 11 to 4 on Saturday July 9th at the Ringling Museum of Art located at 5401 Bay Shore Rd Sarasota, FL 34243-2161 (use this address for Mapquest a www.mapquest.com )

PARTICIPANTS:

PLEASE ARRIVE AT ENTRY GATE immediately to North of the
    Museum between 9 and 9:45 am THIS GATE WILL BE CLOSED AT 10am. If you arrive after 10am you will need to contact me on my cell at 941-302-2575 and I will
    arrange entry.

At the gate you will receive a wrist band that will give you FREE access to all the festivities and the Museum, you will also get bands for your immediate family members so be prepared and know how many you need.

The late lunch/ early dinner will take place directly after show at Primo's Ristorante (1 mile north of the Museum on US 41 (Tamiami Trail) on the NW corner of US 41 and Bradon Ave. This will be for all participants and their
    families as well as Scuderia Sarasota members and is extremely casual with Pizza's and such. (Mapquest: 8076 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota FL 34243)
    www.primo-ristorante.com

Direction to Museum:

From I-75:

Exit 213 (University Parkway)
    Proceed West on University to Museum (University dead
    ends at Museum Entrance) Take Right in front of Museum and Entry Gate is immediately on your left.

Trailer (and Guest) Parking:
    After you cross US 41 and enter Museum Grounds there will the a large parking lot on your right, please park trailer rigs at the eastern most part of lot closest to US 41. Guests can park anywhere in lot.

Thanks,

Paul
    Any questions please call or e-mail me anytime at:
    [email protected]
    941-302-2575

21. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Damn! My timing stinks! We're in Sarasota this weekend for the 4th, but leaving on the 6th. At least I know for next year...

22. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    45 cars confirmed.......and counting!

The late lunch/ early dinner will take place directly after show at Primo's Ristorante (1 mile north of the Museum on US 41 (Tamiami Trail) on the NW corner of US 41 and Bradon Ave. This will be for all participants and their
    families as well as Scuderia Sarasota members and is extremely casual with Pizza's and such. (Mapquest: 8076 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota FL 34243)
    www.primo-ristorante.com

23. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Things are looking good and making my plans currently.

BHW

24. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Update on Ringling Show: (Wednesday 9:30 pm)

With the Hurricane Dennis currently south of Jamaica and heading North Northwest there have been some question on whether the Ringling Italian Day Festival will proceed as planned and at this very moment the Festival is on Rain or Shine.

I take the threat of a Hurricane rather seriously as I am sure we all do (I live 75 feet off the Gulf Of Mexico) and will not take a chance of holding the car show if there is a significant chance of the storm heading this way.

I have spoken to Evan with the Fiat/Alfa Group who has a large contingent of cars confirmed to attend and we have decided that we will make a formal announcement by e-mail Friday at 3 pm on whether the car show will be
    canceled (our announcement only effects the car show portion of the festival). The Ringling Staff will also make an announcement on Friday if the Festival will be canceled due to the Hurricane AT THIS MOMENT THE FESTIVAL IS ON RAIN OR SHINE! CAR SHOW INCLUDED

According to the NOAA web site (The Best site for accurate up to the minute info on Hurricanes) the 5 day track has the storm making landfall in Alabama
    and that on Saturday at 2 pm it will be 250+miles off the FL coast and still south of Sarasota, if that hold true Sarasota and the southwest coast of FL will feel no effects of the storm. Lets hope they are right! (sorry Alabama)

Link to NOAA site:
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/211359.shtml?5day

I would ask that everyone wait till the Friday announcement before making any decision not to attend but will absolutely understand if you cannot
    wait, after last year we all are a little shell shocked to say the least.

We have the potential for a great show but some things are out of our control.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at any time.

Thank you,

Paul Sloan

25. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Friday 1:30

Ringling Italian Festival

Latest Update (Weather Related)

The Ringling Italian Festival is ON.

To those who wish to bring your car the show is on, so if you wake up in the
    morning and decide that you wish to come please do.

We completely understand if you do not wish to attend and hopefully we will
    all meet at the next event and/or at the Ringling Italian Festival next
    year.

Stay safe!

Paul Sloan-Scuderia Sarasota
    941-302-2575

Evan Statman-Fiat Florida
    954-325-3866