Ferrari Sightings | Page 116 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MCxDRIFTY

MCxDRIFTY Karting

Oct 8, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Matt Campbell
    Silver Audi R8 Spider on Ervin road in Moorsville.

2. MCxDRIFTY

MCxDRIFTY Karting

Oct 8, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Matt Campbell
    Black Nissan GT-R, Dark Grey F10 M5, White Tesla S Combo on River Road in Moorsville.

3. tesseract

tesseract Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Jeff W.
    Didn't get a good look at the driver, but I kind of doubt it was yours. The color on the one I saw was BRIGHT blue...if you're familiar with what Aston calls "Flugplatz Blue," it was just a shade darker than that. Gorgeous car though, wish I could catch it and get some pics.[/QUOTE]

Flugpatz Blue on a Vanquish is stunning - curious to see if it's that or something else. Looks like both of us will be trying to track it down now. Doubt my V8 can keep up with it in traffic though.

4. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I'm pretty good at telling Aston's models apart, but I only saw the side of it for a brief period of time as it flashed past Trader Joe's in Cary and couldn't tell. I know there's a V8 Vantage very similar to Flugplatz Blue in Cary, but I also recall there being a Vanquish in that color for sale at FCI. It isn't on their site anymore, so I assume it has been sold.

I tried sooooo hard to catch up to it, but even with your car I'm not sure I would have made the light I got stopped at. Don't see too many Astons in the Triangle, so whenever I see one I usually try to chase it and get some pics!

5. Stan400I

Stan400I Rookie

Aug 10, 2014
    I saw it again. Thursday, it was parked at the Subway in Fort Jackson, South Carolina.

I looked inside and saw that the car was filled with MODEL AIRPLANES!!
    I didn't have my phone or camera so I couldn't take a photo.

Seems that this guy uses the car quite a bit.
    Is that legal? lol!!!!!

Stan

6. MCxDRIFTY

MCxDRIFTY Karting

Oct 8, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Matt Campbell
    1950's Rolls Royce in Mooresville. I can has?!

7. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    What's the point of having a cool car and never driving it? ;)

8. nitsud

nitsud Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Saw a black California on Jetton Rd in Cornelius yesterday morning.

9. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Was up in Asheville today and saw a nice red 430 Scud.

Deiger

10. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Blue Maserati GT Cabrio coming out of Stonecrest yesterday making all the right noises.

11. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #2886 nicholasn, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Update of recent spottings:

Saturday, Oct 4th, in Wrightsville Beach:
    - Two Lotus V8 Esprits, one red and one black, at the Wrightsville Yacht club at around noon.
    - Red Ferrari 328 GTS on U.S. 74 in front of Harris Teeter at 3:30 (pic attached).
    - White Nissan GT-R on U.S. 74 in front of Harris Teeter at 3:45.
    - Black Aston Martin DB9 Volante on U.S. 74 on the drawbridge at 3:50.
    - Silver BMW Z8 Roadster on U.S. 76 in front of the Wrightsville Beach Park at 4:15.

Tuesday, Oct 7th in Wrightsville Beach:
    - Red Acura NSX at Lumina Commons at about 5:00
    - Red Maserati GranTurismo driving past Lumina Commons seconds after seeing the NSX.

Wednesday, Oct 8th in Charlotte
    - Black Nissan GT-R on S. Kings Dr at Charlottetowne Ave at 11:35.
    - Black Rolls Royce Ghost in a parking lot at S. Kings Dr and Baxter St just after seeing the GT-R.
    - Dark blue Rolls Royce Silver Seraph on E. Morehead St near S. McDowell St at 12:45.
    - Black Aston Martin V8 Vantage next to Chima uptown at around 1:00.

Friday, Oct 10th in Cary:
    - Silver Maserati Quattroporte (the new model) at Whole Foods at 12:45.

Yep, I get around! :p
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    That might have been me - did it have gold wheels?

13. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    That it did. You did a nice pull away from the light and then an immediate left turn. Even though I own one, still love to hear the sound. Just the kid in me I guess!

Deiger

14. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Must have been on 25 going south - south of I40 - going to the Drs - about 11:30 am

15. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Saw a black GranTurismo exit onto I-85 North off of I-485 in north Charlotte at about 8:30 yesterday morning. Also saw a red Lotus Exige that morning, it was on Poplar Tent Rd heading southeast at about 8:45.

Today, saw a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo pull drive past the EpiCenter. It was a first gen with second gen tack ons, so I think it was a UGR twin turbo model. I was eating and only got a few pics out of the window though. Thought it was going to get valeted but it didn't.

16. tesseract

tesseract Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Jeff W.

17. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    If you see a guy chasing after it trying to get pics, it's probably me lol. I will certainly keep an eye out for it!

18. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Another update of recent spottings:

Saturday, Oct 18th, in Charlotte:
    - Grey Aston Martin V8 Vantage on Selwyn Ave near Colony Rd at about 10:15 that morning.
    - White Maserati Quattroporte (current model) at Sharon Rd and Morrison Blvd at around 11:00.
    - White BMW i8 at Whole Foods on Fairview Rd at 1:30. As I was taking pics of it, a black Rolls Royce Ghost pulled into the parking lot a minute or two later, and a few minutes after that a white Rolls Royce Ghost drove past on Fairview Rd.
    - Black Maserati GranTurismo Sport pulled into the Southpark Mall at about 2:00. There was also a dark blue 1930's Dodge Brothers model from CA in the valet.
    - Black Maserati GranCabrio pulled into the shopping area right next to the mall at 2:55.
    - Matte silver Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe (brand spankin' new!) parked behind Baku at 3:30.
    - White Maserati GranTurismo drove through the Sharon Rd/Fairview Rd intersection at 3:45. Saw it at the mall 30 minutes later, it had been valeted along with a silver Bentley Continental GTC, the 1930's model Dodge Brothers, and an orange hot rod.
    - Black Maserati GranCabrio from FCI drove past the mall at around 4:30.
    - Silver Fisker Karma drove through the Sharon Rd/Fairview Rd intersection at 5:30.
    - Matte black Nissan GT-R in Phillips Place at 8:30. I think it was a Black Edition.
    - Silver Maserati Quattroporte near the EpiCenter at about 9:00.

Can't believe I was in Southpark most of the day and didn't see any Ferrari's.

Monday, Oct 21st, near Lake Norman:
    - Grey Maserati Quattroporte across the street from Birkdale Commons at 11:10.
    - Silver Maserati Quattroporte on Mallard Creek Church Rd at (I think) around 3:30. Both were previous-gen models.

19. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Saw Ted in his little black beauty going south,smartly,quickly,on College Road yesterday and he was turning left at Monkey Junction..about 11:00 am..he got by before I could reach over and blow the horn..the tag did say Valenzo..Lynn and I were about to splash my new boat,in the f150 towing the Grady.
    We were going to gas up at go-gas,ethanol-free,and I wanted to yell to meet us there,but he got thru the light and we didn't.
    Ted,one of these days we'll meet up! PM me when you see this..
    Cheers,
    RE

20. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Black Lambo Northbound six forks at Bayleaf 2:30 today. Have not seen this car previously in the neighborhood

21. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Red California with shields headed to Wrightsvilles beach. Please reach out to me. Trying to make database of cars here.

22. Impervious

Impervious Karting

Sep 20, 2010
    Red 458 Italia today stuck in traffic on 15 501.

23. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    A little late on this one, but saw a white 458 Spider in Concord. Parked at the medical center and using two spots.

Deiger

24. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Today around 530 on new town in Waxhaw a nice silver 575 or 550 caught me by surprise

25. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Silver Underground Racing first gen Lamborghini Gallardo passed me on 77 at about 11:45 earlier today. Exited onto Tyvola so I'm guessing he was going to UGR.