Ferrari Sightings | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 10boom

10boom Karting

Jan 5, 2005
    WA
    I don't think they are originally from Columbia, but as you know Sterling went to USC and Shannon went to Savannah State. When I left Columbia in 98, Sterling still lived out in the Northeast area of town (Longcreek plantation I think) but I don't know if he has moved out of town yet. I'll ask my uncle, he's still pretty good buddies with him. I heard that he was the co-owner of University Motors in the vista (I think that's what it's called)

2. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    RedlineG60:

You sound frustrated. I know I am. It seems like a couple of enthusiasts like us could get on some kind of e-mail list. I drove to Virginia this weekend looking for an excuse to drive. I take that back, I didn't really need an excuse, I was going to drive anyway. But it sure would be nice to do it with some other enthusiasts. Do you know about the trip to Asheville to drive the Dragon the first weekend in April? I found out about this from some guys I met at VIR a couple of weeks ago.

Rob

3. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Saw a Yellow F355 Spyder at the Sardis Crossing shopping center (corner of Sardis Road North and Monroe) parking lot on Saturday - seems driver was "tanning" at Palm Beach Tan.

Anyone on the list? Lived in Charlotte most of my life and that's the first 355 I've seen around here.

4. Hank77

Hank77 Rookie

Sep 12, 2004
    USA
    Saw a silver 456, in the rain, yesterday. It was turning onto the onramp to 40 East from Davis Drive in RTP. It proceeded to take the 540 onramp, and alas, I had to sadly stay on 40.

Gorgeous car, and very surprising to see it out in the rain. I'm glad some people aren't afraid of driving in the rain.

5. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    I've seen that car out at RTP on Davis as well, a couple months ago. I share your sentiment about driving in the rain.

6. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    whats the nearest exotic car dealership that most of these people would be buying from?

7. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    That would be FCI, Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro. That is where they sell the Ferraris. They actually just opened a branch in Charlotte where they will be selling Maseratis.

The next nearest Exotic Car dealership that I know of would probably be D.C. or Atlanta...

8. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    There is also Sport Auto in Summerville, NC.

9. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    yea i know of FoW, i used to work next door to it. hmm dang, so i would have to drive up to charlotte from columbia just to get some eye candy

10. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    That is probably the same car I saw near the Raleigh Airport area when I was heading to Charleston SC. Looked like it had tint on it too.

I know this isn't a Ferrari but I saw Two Gallardos today. One was an Orange one on there way to Charlotte on I-85. I didnt get a close look but I remember someone saying the person is from Raleigh and is owned by a Girl and the tag says "Redhead".
    Also just a few min ago I was doing some paper work and getting stuff done for a conference on Monday. Then all of a sudden I saw a Yellow Gallardo at the TA Travel Centers , they left and went towards the Raleigh area. I see Ferraris quite frequently thru here but usually im in and out of my office so its hit or miss for me to see them all pass by.

11. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    I think she might have actually been blue scuro :)

12. Hank77

Hank77 Rookie

Sep 12, 2004
    USA
    I have seen the "REDHEAD" tag on another car when I was heading back into town from Pittsburgh. This was about 2 years ago. It was on a red 360 at that point, and it was a girl driving it. I actually have a picture, albeit a bit fuzzy, of it somewhere in my archives.

I remember a few months back someone mentioning that the tag was now found on a orange Gallardo.

13. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Saw a red F355 (pretty sure it was) getting onto an onramp was we were getting ready to pass it in a VW caravan in Columbia today musta been around noon or thereabouts. I believe we were on I77. But we got off as he was passing by so I'm pretty sure it was an F355. Anybody on here?

14. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Red F355 Spider in downtown Cary today around 12:30 pm. I've seen it around before.

15. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#40 Ricambi America, Mar 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Black 355 with an Australian Sheep Dog in the passenger seat along I40 in GSO... Bryan G. in the drivers seat!

Great seeing everyone at our impromptu get-together at FCI today!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Red 360 Spyder on 64 between Walnut St. and Cary Pkwy. on Sunday. Nice day to be topless!!

17. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    hope you guys are all gettin a chance to drive today, its beautiful out

18. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Red 2002 550 Maranello....

I should let the proud Papa make the announcement himself, but I met him for lunch today and he was beaming with pride after the drive from SportAuto in Summerfield.

Lunch @ Green Valley Grill couldn't have been more exciting!

12 cylinders never looked so sexy. Rossa Corsa & tan. Whew baby !!!

-Daniel

19. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hey Daniel...let "Papa" know I am willing to take pics of his new baby. ;)

20. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    red 308 heading towards the Colonial Center in columbia about 720pm this evening. could have been a younger guy driving maybe? it was dark and his windows were up

21. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    360 Spyder (Grey) on Walnut St. in Cary.

22. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    saw a brand new yellow 360 modena 6 speed manual parked at the Westin Hotel downtown Greenville last night. Gorgeous car.

23. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That's probably the same one I saw a week or two ago. Sounded very nice.

24. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Silver 355 convertible on the Raleigh Beltline this afternoon. :cool:

25. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

$50 says it was Ron Perry !