Ferrari Spotting in London?? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Spotting in London??

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by v15ben, May 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I was considering taking a trip down to London one day midweek this week just to look at the exotica and dealers sprinkled around the place.
    Is it worth it at this time of year or is it a little early in the year for the best cars to be out?
    Also where do people recommend going:

Park Lane
    Mayfair
    Knightsbridge
    Chelsea
    Sloane Square and Street
    Old Brompton Road
    Lambo London
    Macaris

anywhere else nearby (ish) as I will be walking if I get down to London :(

2. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Bond St, Knightsbridge, Sloane St, Kings Rd should do you.... Kings Rd is especially bad - you get the muppets who spend all day driving from one end to the other and back again in the traffic on a Sat afternoon. You see the same cars going back and forth, back and forth, back...........

3. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Booked train now, arriving near lunchtime Thursday so ages to look round, thinking something like:

Kings Cross
    Down to Marble Arch
    Park Lane and Mayfair
    then Knightsbridge
    Down that way to Lambo London and the Ferrari dealership
    then up to Serpentine
    down Sloane Street, Sloane Square, Kings Road
    then Macaris maybe on the tube to Wandsworth

Where do other suggested places like Old Bond Street etc fit into this??

Also a quick query about the Champagne Bar in Chelsea where this pic was taken:

http://exoticspotter.com/list.php?page=4&batch=bt00037/bt00037_48140.JPG&model=all&make=all&location=all&frm=batch_listing

Anyone know where that is?? :D

4. paulyb

paulyb Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    paul bellis
    looks to me like the small car park at the Kings Road end of Sydney Street, next to the garden centre (The Chelsea Gardener). Can't think of a champagne bar there though (?)

5. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Best bet is to get off the tube at Green Park and walk from Old Bond Street to Knightsbridge, via Mayfair and Park Lane. It's not far.

6. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Thanks for that Tom, Green park it is then!

7. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    That Blue Merci was the one I spotted parked on St James' street the other week.

Not sure where that bar is in Chelsea, but if its a sunny afternoon (best on a weekend) I dare say any coffee shop on the Kings Road would be a good vantage point for seeing some hot tackle.

Also, I'm not 100% but I dont think Wandsworth is on the tube. Its definately on BR (out of Waterloo - zone 2 I think).

Best of luck

Jamie

8. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I think Wandsworth is on the tube but I will probably stick to the north bank of the river mainly as there seems to be a concentration of exotica there!

Will see what I find and post up a few pics of the best stuff later in the week :D

9. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

Wandsworth isnt on the tube, nearest tube is East Putney. Trains run from Waterloo and stop at - Vauxhall - Queenstown Road - Clapham Junction - Wandsworth Town and Vauxhall is on the tube.

10. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    East Putney is on the same road as Macari's. Its a bit of a walk, or a short bus ride.

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    For Macari , get off @ Wandsworth Town and follow 1 way system round towards Putney Hill. 2 min walk.

12. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Thanks for that Tony, I will have to see how much time I have after looking everywhere else :D