Ferrari sucks. Yeah, I said it. | FerrariChat

Ferrari sucks. Yeah, I said it.

Discussion in 'F1' started by nsxrebel, Oct 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    You can kiss the championship goodbye this year.

Again.

2. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Historically, it's been very tough to be a faithful Ferrari F1 fan. Other than the glorious Michael years, there have been few moments of sustained excellence in many decades. :confused:

I think Ferrari F1 would be stronger today if Luca had never left...err, that is, if he had never been thrown out.

3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Memory is short. We were sucking more than now back then.

About the OP, yes, Ferrari sucks. But still less than Honda, Renault, McLaren, Red Bull and all the rest. It´s difficult to not suck, but those who can´t stand the bad weather don´t survive for long.

4. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again. I really feel bad for all the guys in the garage and at the factory who don't screw up only to see all their hard work go for naught because of stupid strategy calls and a driver with a bad case of red mist.

5. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Scuderia Ferrari doesn't suck. They are better than eight other teams,
    Team Mercedes is just better this year. Don't be haters.;)

4_Eff_Sake, NEP, timjen88 and 2 others like this.
  6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Not a good ending for a season that saw such high hopes. But, to say they suck is throwing the baby out with the bath water. They'll be back. So will I.

G. Pepper, BOKE and TurboFreak650 like this.
  7. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Interesting interview with Gary Anderson on autosport podcast this week. He says statistically Ferrari has had something happen or taken away, the qualifying time differential between the all dominant Mercedes and the rest of the field has not changed, but Ferrari has fallen significantly off the pace, strengthening the theories of the FIA forcing a change on Ferrari that has made them less competitive.

NEP, daytona355 and BOKE like this.
  8. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Ferrari didn't make it back from summer break at 100% for some reason. It also seems like Mercedes as a team is doing better since Nikki Lauda stepped down as well.

9. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Just to clarify his premise is not that Mercedes has done anyhing special, but Ferrari had to remove something that was working due to the FIA. I truly hate this turbo-hybrid formula and have never been less interested in F1. My F355 ahould not aound better or be louder thant the “pinncle” of motorsports.

NEP and daytona355 like this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There are a number of developments that ferrari wanted to try, but to keep within what the FIA is interpreting as the rules, those haven’t been able to be implemented fully, and so have actually put the car back. As we aren’t Mercedes, we can’t be allowed to use our full development power in case it threatens the agreement for Mercedes to dominate for their 7years.

Mercedes, on the other hand, are allowed to use their new wheel and hub designs despite everyone being advised such designs represent a movable aerodynamic device, and therefore illegal!

NEP likes this.
  11. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Ferrari have been exasperating this year, but that's how they are most years. :)

LVP488 and william like this.
  12. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This is a good point, but it was Seb who drove off the rack in Germany, spun off in Italy (lost track of where Lewis was), and spun off unnecessarily trying to pass Max (who was coming in to serve a penalty with-in his next few laps). And it was Seb who just got the 3 spot grid spot penalty for today's race. I see an easy 80 points in the driver's championship lost by Seb? Ferrari, had the car this year, just maybe not the driver?

Robb, william and fil like this.
  13. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Ferrari didn't really have the team or driver this year. The car was adequate to win the title with a heroic drive, but not one filled with unforced errors on the track and at the pit wall...

daytona355 likes this.
  14. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    The FIA put the final nail in the coffin with allowance for Mercedes wheel design which sorted their rear tyre temps, but on every other car would be banned. Seb has made too many mistakes going for glory instead of thinking about the bigger picture, still hopefully next year Leclerc will prove a pain in the ass for Hamilton.

daytona355, timjen88 and DF1 like this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    He lost 80 points in three races althoug he still finished 2 of them in the points? Interesting maths....:rolleyes:

NEP and daytona355 like this.
  16. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

How's that?

Explaining Mercedes superiority by accusing them of cheating with the complicity of tha FIA is now old hat.

Find another excuse ...

17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Why? Passing questionable solutions as "limited illegal" seems to be new to me... Mercedes is not cheating because cheating would be against the rules, whereas this is bending the rules to make Mercedes "JUST not cheating"... I think this is even worse because if Mercedes would cheat one could do something against it, but like this...

NEP, fil and daytona355 like this.
  18. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It’s not just how many he gained by finishing, you also have to add the ones he gave away. He could have won Germany, Italy, and Japan and been better then 5th on the grid today. That’s 80 points in my book vs how many he earned? My point is He shouldn’t be 67 points behind and sitting 5fh on the grid for today’s race.

19. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    They just won US GP.

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Fact - Too little too late. They needed wins a month ago.

daytona355 likes this.
  21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Hamilton has owned this track, he lost today.

NEP and stavura like this.
  22. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #22 Mark(study), Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Hamilton played safe to continue his points advance against Seb, no reason to throw away 67 point lead trying something risky against Max or Kimi. Now Lewis (with 70 point lead) only needs 5 points over the course of three races. Playing it smart to make sure he wins his 5th championship. Happy for Kimi and Ferrari but Lewis took the smart path to joining the only other two people in the history of F1 to win 5 titles

tifoso2728 and william like this.
  23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    As I said...strange maths...
    You assume he would have won all three races wich is certainly not a given, neither in Italy and less in Japan... But even with them he could have won 75 points versus the 20 he actually made... so that is loosing 55 points in worst case rather than 80...

NEP likes this.
  24. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for looking up the exact numbers. Am I correct now to assume Seb needs to win the next three races (75 points) and Lewis can’t win more than 4 points total over the next three races?

25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Depends on... if you not just take the ones he earns but also the ones he does not loose then it might be only 40 points according to your logic above ;)