Ferrari suspension and pot holes | FerrariChat

Ferrari suspension and pot holes

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mimmo Blue, Aug 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I'm looking at a 360 spider located in Montreal area which is known for rough roads and potholes. The vehicle has an extensive service history with the local Ferrari dealership. One of the main service repair items that have been addressed several times are suspension components. Tie rods, ball joints, bushings, wheel alignment, etc. The car very recently has been inspected and these areas have been repaired.
    Should I be concerned with any other permanent damage such as the frame etc.
    Are the rough roads just causing damage to the suspension components that can wear out anyways and causing them to be replaced more frequently? Or could there be worse future problems?
    I'm going to make sure engine and tranny mounts are also ok

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    My F355 has 65K miles and 5K track miles on it and still has the original bushings.

The way one can tell about the suspension and chassis is to have the alignment checked and the ride height checked, preferably whit the wheels on scales (corner weighting) 1/2 a tank of gasoline, and the drivers weight in the drivers seat. Not an inexpensive proposition.